It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change 'exaggerated' in government adverts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The Uk gov has had it's wrist slapped for exaggerating the threat of climate change.

Two government press adverts which used nursery rhymes to raise awareness of climate change have been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

It said the advertisements went beyond mainstream scientific consensus in asserting that climate change would cause flooding and drought.

BBC Linky

Here is the advert of drowning pets!

I do beleive our climate is changing, but do not beleive that man is the cause.. I do feel we need to do something, but from what I have seen, those exagerating the threat of climate change just undermine the whole issue and only end up clouding any discussion of the problems we face.

I've worked across the EU deploying enviromental legislation and developing solutions. They all start as good ideas to help the enviroment yet only end up as additional Coporate revenue streams and additional tax to Governments. While in reality there is no real change.

I for one, am not prepared to invest my time, energy and money in solutions that do nothing to help the planet but line the coporate/government pockets..

So for me, the sooner we get beyond the Government/Coporate scams and fear mongering the better.

Perhaps then we can have decent discussion of what we need to do to help the planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ok, Missed that this had already been posted here

ATS Thread

new topics

join