It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are truly willing to live in nature? The Commune Experience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Westren medicine is not all that good.

Currently 50% of india does not have access to westren medicine.
(Villages and such)
The funny thing is, when you live of the land, 90% diseases are less likely to occure. (such as heart trouble)

Villagers live long and happy lives.. Why is that?
No flouride, no aspertame, no 100001 poisons in every shelf product.
thats why.

There are benefits and there are dangers.

In my opinion, its still healthier and safer to live in nature if you are skilled and prepared for it. (+ with the aid of little tech)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is true, you look at the blue zones around the world, and hardly any of them are in cities. Some are in towns. One is in California BTW, which is a huge surprise lol. Besides the one in California it seems like there all villages.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This thread is great, Count me in , If your serious about this.

As an alternative , We could always give it a go for a year (a trial so to speak) and see what its like, if it's too difficult it would be easy to go back to your previous life.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yup.

Basically it comes down to:
Who do you trust more? World health orginization and the Fed, or mother nature?
Personally I go with mother nature

She gave us medicine for everything we may encounter naturally.

What I dont get, is why you fear being eaten by a tiger, when dont fear crossing the street?

Its just cause this life is not very familiar to you.

To an Indian villager for example, thats one of the least concerns.

Like you can be careful on the city roads, you can be careful on the wilderness.
You just gotta follow the rules, nature's rules, not the fed's

))))

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MouldyCrumpet
This thread is great, Count me in , If your serious about this.

As an alternative , We could always give it a go for a year (a trial so to speak) and see what its like, if it's too difficult it would be easy to go back to your previous life.

I think its best to go mid term, for like 4 monthes summer 2 monthes winter.
Just to get a taste.. a Year is a bit long for a dry run.

But this can be discussed.

Again, everyone who is interested can U2U me his messenger address to further discuss this (Perhaps a group disucssion of all who is interested will be nice)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

I know it because I lived it.

Oh, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...

Since you are suggesting this to others, I think it is only appropriate to ask: where and when have you lived this? Were you isolated? What modern advantages did you have? Transportation? Weapons? Who was with you?

What you are suggesting is possible, but highly improbable for anyone who has not gone through something similar. I have, as I said, lived without many of the social advantages for most of my life. I can raise chickens, livestock, hunt, fish, grow crops, make emergency repairs, and I am very well-versed in electrical power systems. I can and have made fire with two sticks and a shoelace. I can make traps out of the local saplings and vines. I know what I can and cannot eat around here, and pretty much know where to go to get it. I used to, in my youth, wander up into this mountain and live for days at a time all on my own (and enjoyed it immensely, btw). And yet, I am not sure I could survive this little expedition you are advocating. I have yet to actually fend off a tiger barehanded.

And even if you can, can the others responding to you survive it?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

I know it because I lived it.

Oh, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...

Since you are suggesting this to others, I think it is only appropriate to ask: where and when have you lived this? Were you isolated? What modern advantages did you have? Transportation? Weapons? Who was with you?

What you are suggesting is possible, but highly improbable for anyone who has not gone through something similar. I have, as I said, lived without many of the social advantages for most of my life. I can raise chickens, livestock, hunt, fish, grow crops, make emergency repairs, and I am very well-versed in electrical power systems. I can and have made fire with two sticks and a shoelace. I can make traps out of the local saplings and vines. I know what I can and cannot eat around here, and pretty much know where to go to get it. I used to, in my youth, wander up into this mountain and live for days at a time all on my own (and enjoyed it immensely, btw). And yet, I am not sure I could survive this little expedition you are advocating. I have yet to actually fend off a tiger barehanded.

And even if you can, can the others responding to you survive it?

TheRedneck

Well, I'm obviously not as skilled as yourself, a person who has lived a long period of time and learnt the ways of handeling your self in the wild.
But 2 monthes of my journey I have lived on a deserted cove with 2 ppl, just off the land.

And it was an amazing experience.
I learnt to make my own shelter and light a fire with basically nothing.
But there is much more to it, and I know that.

This is why we need more skilled people on board.

I'm not trying to make myself sound like some expert survivalist, but I believe that with a strong will you can acomplish anything.

And none of us can fend off a tiger, but we cannot also fend off a truck running us over...

There are dangers in city life aswell as in nature-life.

Its just scary if you choose to make it scary.

Basically we will choose a spot which is the safest we can find in any aspect.
And we will try to stay in group all the time.

Such tactics are allways good.

BTW

1 ATSer is already on board.

Feel free to U2U me with your messenger details.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No offense intended, and I'm fairly sure that nothing will come of this thread in any case, but doesn't ATS have rules against using the forums for recruiting members to real-world causes?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

LOL why are all your posts so negative man..?

In any way. If any MOD who sees will tell me that this is against the rules, I will not "recruit" any more people who are like-minded.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think it's a fantastic idea, and I'm feeling more and more like I'd love to do the same thing. Looks like a beautiful spot you have picked out.

However due to my being brokeness and having a lot of debt from uni and life etc etc that I'm slowly paying off my dream won;t come true for many years yet.

I think this is the perfect place to discuss though, My dream for retirement is a shack up in the moutians, just me my dog and nature. peaceful existence with nature, the stars and forests and mountains all around. bearing in mind I'm only 29 when i tell people I know this they think I'm a bit mad, so it's great to meet some like minded people.

The lack of internet and no access to drum n bass, and the lack of being able to illustrate and design on the computer are the only things I think I'd really miss, as these are the only things that truly make me feel peaceful now being stuck in a hectic city.

But hey, I wish you all the best with your plans, and I'll be with you in spirit

One day I'll get there... just hopefully before I'm too old to appreciate it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

Sorry to hear about the debt situation...

Once you are free from the shackles of the modern world, feel free to join us.. Even if you can only afford the plane ticket

I'm sure we can build a nice shack for you with a heating oven in a few days of hard work

You just need to bring your skills and a good human nature

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Through pressure, most notably Israeli mothers have forced the police to take action which has included climbing some steep slopes and burning a few crops.

The Parvati Valley has a strong Israeli connection these days as many people, after doing their mandatory 3 years in the IDF, holiday in "Hash Heaven" to wipe the memories from their minds.

Some Jewish mamas see what this is doing to their sons and get concerned.

The hash from here is amongst the strongest in the world, and is as addictive as heroin.

Mossad don't worry so much. The steady movement of Israeli troops through the area enables the smuggling of much hashish, which is important as Mossad is expected to fund most of its own illegal activities.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well, I'm obviously not as skilled as yourself, a person who has lived a long period of time and learnt the ways of handeling your self in the wild.

I'm not trying to present myself as an expert in survival. I only present myself as someone who has a little knowledge of what you will be facing.

But 2 monthes of my journey I have lived on a deserted cove with 2 ppl, just off the land.

And it was an amazing experience.
I learnt to make my own shelter and light a fire with basically nothing.
But there is much more to it, and I know that.

I envy you that experience. there is nothing more rewarding than learning to survive on your own.

But you were alone, except for two others in your 'party'. This time you are talking about going into another country, one which does not have an outstanding record of welcoming outsiders, and living among groups of indigenous people who just may see you as an intruder and a threat to their way of life.

In the USA, we can move about freely. I can move to NYC or LA if I want, and I am protected by law. But once outside of those national boundaries, you are nothing more than a guest, and quite possibly an unwanted guest.

TheRedneck

[edit on 3/17/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I envy you that experience. there is nothing more rewarding than learning to survive on your own.

But you were alone, except for two others in your 'party'. This time you are talking about going into another country, one which does not have an outstanding record of welcoming outsiders, and living among groups of indigenous people who just may see you as an intruder and a threat to their way of life.

In the USA, we can move about freely. I can move to NYC or LA if I want, and I am protected by law. But once outside of those national boundaries, you are nothing more than a guest, and quite possibly an unwanted guest.

TheRedneck

Why would you say " one which does not have an outstanding record of welcoming outsiders"

I found quite the opposite from being there.

They are very welcoming to outsiders.
Often they will invite you to their homes, from shere couriousity and kindness.

I do not intend to involve my self in any of their business..
I just want a small piece of forest to live with the land.

I doubt any of them will take the time to oppose my agenda.

Please try to further explain why you think they are such people..

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Kailassa.

Should I hide the fact that I currently reside in Israel for people to stop using that as an excuse to bash me for thing I have nothing to do with?

What do I have to do with Mossad's S*** storms?
What do I care about that?
I dont....

You know nothing of Israel, or Israeli people.
And neither do most people here.
You only know what the media feeds you.

I'm sorry for my anger, but such ignorance really frustrates me sometimes.

Dont judge people whom you never met, or ideas of a country which you have never visited.

Instead, try to learn from other's experience and share your own in a fruitfull manner.

Seriously...

[edit on 17-3-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn

The figures on murders, disappearances and unexplained deaths of tourists in that area are sufficient reason to doubt the wisdom of trying to settle there.

- especially when you have indicated a reluctance to follow Indian law, and are planning to hunt for food in an area where such hunting by foreigners is illegal.

You seem to have indicated that you are presently in Israel, and that you are presently in India. I'm confused, where exactly are you?

By the way, don't feel bad about having insulted me and called me names earlier, however much that breaks the ATS rules, as I take any insult from you as a complement.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by freebourn

The figures on murders, disappearances and unexplained deaths of tourists in that area are sufficient reason to doubt the wisdom of trying to settle there.

how many tourists were kidnapped / murdered in the US?
maybe 100 times as much

- especially when you have indicated a reluctance to follow Indian law, and are planning to hunt for food in an area where such hunting by foreigners is illegal.

I'm not sure about hunting game, but fishing is legal.
growing food is legal.
Exchanging grain & goods for meat is legal
Good enough to have a good diet

You seem to have indicated that you are presently in Israel, and that you are presently in India. I'm confused, where exactly are you?

I'm currently in Israel

By the way, don't feel bad about having insulted me and called me names earlier, however much that breaks the ATS rules, as I take any insult from you as a complement.

Very witty of you.
Any way, I did not mean to get personal.
Sorry for that.

Lets turn this post back to a suitable one.

Personally it offends me that you mention all that stuff about mossad and unrelated stuff just because my location says "Israel".

What does this post have to do with that?

Why does everything have to turn out to politics in the end?
Who cares?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm down. I'm only 21 and I've had a similar idea for months now. I was thinking of possibly just walking across the US from the east to west coast haha. Something about it feels right, but I can not bring myself to get up and disappear one day, plus there's the strong possibility I'll die but meh.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Why would you say " one which does not have an outstanding record of welcoming outsiders"

Other posters have given information in this thread that indicates a number of disappearances from the very area you mention. They have also pointed out that there is an illegal drug trade ongoing in the area, an occupation that typically wishes to remain hidden and undisturbed. While your intention may be to stay out of their way, it is their view of your intention that will determine their actions, not your intentions themselves.

My initial concern was actually the wildlife in the area. India does have undeveloped, uncivilized areas that contain many species known to be dangerous to humans.

I found quite the opposite from being there.

I thought your experiences were on an island? Am I confused?

Also, how long were you there, and did you give an impression that you might be staying? There can be a world of difference in the way a temporary visitor is treated and the way a 'settler' is treated.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join