It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are truly willing to live in nature? The Commune Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

This would be amazing! I am sick of society and need to get out of it! If you are going to do this count me in!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

How many of you, are fond of this idea of
living of the land in a small commune?

Not me, thank you. I will take the glass, the plastic and the concrete. The plants can be pretty outside while I enjoy the comforts of refridgeration, heating and web access.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
i like the idea, India sounds great, except for the genetic modified crops, i have a big problem with that, and also India is overpopulated, i'd like a remote place.... and island or something....
India is the major focus of the PTB right now, nevertheless i like the country, i agree it's AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!

i'm willing to give up on everything i have, just to live in peace and in harmony with nature, that's what i have always wanted.... freeeeedom.

i too have some money saved, not much tho, about 4k euros, but i already bought a nice $400 tent, camping gear, and a nice mountain bike... i think we all need bikes

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I like this idea, would love to give it ago, however my wife is not so willing lol.

I have spoken to my wife about this before and said if I ever won a big Power Ball about $20+ Million I would gather a group of people and design and build our own self sufficient community in the middle of nowhere.
She rolled her eyes at me, lol.

[edit on 17/3/2010 by wycky]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I too would love to be next to nature with my family...i dont have the fear or going insane with it because its how were meant to live so in my eyes that is impossible, however, i probably wouldnt move to india since, if the polar shift 2012 happens, indria is meant to be destroyed. i would probably go to the deep siberia, away from the coast, as far inland as i possibly could go, next to a river that feed into a lake and on a hillside

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I would love to come...maybe in a few years when I could be independant and have the choice to move.

All I ask for is to somehow allow me to use a laptop/computer there. Don't think I could really live without it.

I know Hindi, so if we ever have any wild tribes attacking us...peacemaking time haha (: And...I can make proper Indian, thanks to my mum

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I've had the same thought about winning a lotto ticket and buying land with friends as to make it on our own. Free from the grid and what not... (myself and about 10 others have kind of made a pact on this)
I'm sure MANY have had the same thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

right here. if i ever daydream of winning money like that, i always think of first, building my parents an awesome dream home and giving them the best things, and then about making a big house or complex, or collection of houses for my family ot live on happily and sustainably.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Imagine if we are 20 people who come with 5 grand each. Thats 80 Grand

I'll go but I want to be the communal accountant.

Becker

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I joined a commune in London in 1973! 20 off us in total, we grew our own veg an made bread an got all the egg's we needed from 6 chickens!
but it all fell apart after a couple of years because ego's got in the way, that an notes on the fridge saying that's my milk an couples doing there own thing which made some people feel isolated.
To day im still into doing my own thing, iv got an old farm house in Ireland an i still grow my own veg an make bread an have chickens 2!peace....

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The world's too sick for me to go off and live like that. Every minute of every day I would be wondering what's happening in the dark world of politics. I totally dig the message, the lifestyle, the freedom, (the price!) but I couldn't sleep well at night knowing the world around me is crumbling - I feel obligated to at least try to help.

Some day, when I don't feel I need to worry about WWIII, the NWO, another 9/11, the energy crisis, the GM food crisis, pollution, global warming, etc. THEN I'll gladly join you =) Until then, I think you should stick with your highly commendable ideals, but perhaps use them to benefit the greater good. God knows we need more people with that kind of mentality.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
lol, I probably sound a bit energized because I just came from this ATS thread regarding the need to focus on politics.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would love to join community like this, this has been a dream for a very long time, but as we all seem to agree it's hard to come up like minded people who are really willing to give up all the luxuries and live off the land.
I am a gardener at heart, I love working with and being surrounded by plants but find myself in IT, of all things!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hello

I find that you have a wonderfull idea. I believe you will find the people you seek, but beware their will be alot of preperation and alot of tasks to be fufilled before anything can happen. Nonetheless it is a great endeavour i hope you will succeed and many great people do survive to build a new world.

However not to rain down on your parade, but in the possible event of a polar shift or any other great disaster how safe will you be in India. I do not know if it is true but i heard that if a pole shift would ocurr the whole of India would go down the drain. ( under water. )

Beautifull pictures would be sad if it would all go under the sea.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by GamleGamle]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
here's an encyclopedic list of eco-village themes all over the globe

directory.ic.org...

there might be some in your favored India local,

~when the Pakistani antagonists just go-away, then there may be the chance of hope for the region

~ its my opinion that anyone beyond middle age would not be adaptable for the (ground breaking-start up) pioneering lifestyle, no matter what knowledge they brought to the commune/confederation of family units

but... if after the enclave is running & robust, i come sailing to your shore in my personal built 9meter Ketch...kindly don't make me prisoner nor treat me as a latterday Conquistadore.

~nemaste~

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is truely, my ultimate dream. I dont know why, but the call to nature is becoming quite intense for me. I would absolutely love to join you! haha ive been looking for similar minded people in my area myself and have found a couple who are willing. Im just graduating high school and about to enter this corporate concrete society, and im not really looking forward to it... this bushman type of lifestyle just seems so free and peacefull! i cant see myself living any other way. Not sure if i love the location but its one of the better ones for sure and u seem to have done alot of research about it and experienced it. theres just so many possibilities for locations. I have pretty much been preparing to eventually do something like this for a few years now, intensely trying to learn some of the forgotten knowledge and essential bushcraft that people take for granted today. me and my friend recently slept outside this winter in -15 just to see if we could tough it out, it wasnt a problem with a good lean to and a fire.

I would love too see how your plan turns out and if some people are willing to commit, i sure am.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've been having the exact same thoughts last couple of years... just havn't put it into motion yet... i was thinking more like 'Costa Rica' with it's lush Jungles but there are many places on Earth with similar areas to set up home.... i need nature & wildlife that's for sure... this society which has been created is not looking too great... buildings everywhere... people everywhere and religious folk intruding everywhere....

I made a thread not too long ago about 'the perfect world' and in it there was an Island called 'paradise island' this is the island i want to find....

All i'd need really is a tent, something to sleep on and a few ther possessions and i think i'd be alright...

Flagged!

THE POWERS THAT BE MADE THIS WORLD SO 90% OF US WOULD HAVE TO WORK OUR ASSES OFF UNTIL WE DIE WHILE THEY LIVE IN BIG MANSIONS OFF OF OUR HARD WORK!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I say keep on dreaming as the money system will one day be abolished when people come together to realise that the Global Elite have been planning for many centuries how to keep the masses in debt. Do you think the recession will ever go away completed? Wrong. It will have its high points and low points that is no different with stock shares gaining a bit and loosing a bit. Corporate laws are getting tighter therefore one day the government will own all our land, car's, homes, money(which they already do) and even the air we breathe that they poison with chemical's on a daily basis.

Even we are owned by the stock market, just check your small code on the far left side at the bottom of your A4 Birth Certificate which has two codes one above the other and with a silver background. Well these codes is one for us(our identity/asset) and that the other code is their code for the stock trade market. Everyone of the masses have been owned by the government from the very first day we were born.

If that's not enough to make you wake up then why do you think every job we take, apply anywhere along the lines of what is required to be purchased with (money) they ask for our passport which also has a code or birth certificate or driver's license which hence again you need a birth certificate for a driving license. If people stop in their tracks and look away from the bigger picture and pay a little more attention to the small picture people will realise the whole time we have been owned by corporations and the government and we winge about paying tax on everything we buy and earn and yet the government owns everything we purchased, think we own, even us and what we EARN.

Doesn't it just make you mad!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Society needs to get money out of the picture and crack down on the corporate laws and interest's who really do own everything we have even us. Once people wake up to this a lot more action can be taken against the perpretrator's who's only interest in us are our money.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yo dudes!

im in! Im 22 year old martial arist who is basically smart (high IQ and stuff) and wold LOOOVE this....

I could invest like 3 or 4 grand, but if I sell off the car back to the dealer might be able to get like 2k more... so minus papers and visas....

do you have the costs on papers and visas (sorry I'm a trained accountant)
whats the temperature like there?

long term, regrowable seeds... We could keep our extra $$ in oil stocks taht pay about 9% dividend to keep $ coming in for that....

ok so otherwise lets see.... I could help fashion weapons and help the hunt or cook, or build!

What else guys other obstacles that could get us there....

BTW I am immensely interested in doing this. Immensely. I think it would be the best thing thats ever happened in life.

I'll let the thread sit for a bit, and come back and check it.

I'm interested in that book also.

Thanks guys!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join