It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird flu one the comeback???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The veterinary authority sent an Immediate Notification dated 8 March to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). The report says that the virus was found on a farm at Fuglebjerg on the island of East on 5 March. The affected population was a breeding farm with 190 mallards and five hens. The suspicion arose on 5 March 2010 due to positive samples taken in connection with the surveillance programme for avian influenza. All the birds have been destroyed. The virus appears to be an H7 sub-type but serology results are pending. The last outbreak of avian flu in Denmark
was in May 2008.

The birds were spotted falling onto the entrance of a house in Coxley in Somerset on Sunday 7 March.

Animal welfare officer Alison Sparkes, who was called by police, said: "It was a remarkable sight, I've never seen anything like it."

There is no evidence the birds were ill or poisoned before they hit the ground.
Romania has identified an outbreak of bird flu at a poultry farm and taken steps to control its spread, the European Union's executive said on Tuesday. Romania has identified an outbreak of bird flu at a poultry farm and taken steps to control its spread, the European Union's executive said on Tuesday. "The Commission adopted today a decision confirming the risk area set up by the Romanian authorities in relation to an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza in a backyard poultry farm," a European Commission statement said. The outbreak happened in the commune of Letea in Tulcea county at the Danube's delta close to the Ukrainian border, it added.
Bird flu has been found in different Village Development Committees (VDCs) of Nawalparasi district. Samples were sent to Britain for laboratory examination after ducks and fowls started dying in Deurali, Deubadi and Tamsariya VDCs in the district a few days ago. The District Livestock Service Office, Nawalparasi said birdflu virus has been found in the samples sent to Britain for tests. It had sent the samples for tests out of suspicion. It is suspected that the poultry disease might have spread as the dead ducks and fowls have been disposed of openly. A large number of poultry at Jhyalbas, Guheri, Beluwa, Dihi and Rumsi have died. Similarly, poultry in the neighbouring Deubadi Tamasariya VDC have also started dying. Chief District Officer of Nawalparasi district, Balkrishna Panthi said a technical team will be dispatched to the affected area for taking preventive measures.
The Bac Ninh provincial People’s Committee on March 14 announced the occurrence of bird flu in Nam Son commune, Bac Ninh city. Previously, the poultry of a farmer family in Da Cau hamlet of this commune died in mass numbers. The provincial animal health department said farmer Dam Thi Chinh raised 400 heads of fowl, which had been vaccinated for four months but died massively on the night of March 11. They first showed signs of sickness on March 10. The veterinary agency inspected the family’s farm on March 12 and concluded that Ms Chinh’s poultry had signs of being infected with avian flu. It later destroyed all the birds and sent two samples of the disease to a central veterinary diagnosis centre for further testing. The agency also had the entire Da Cau hamlet disinfected with lime and cloramin B. The Bac Ninh Animal Health Department has set up two temporary checkpoints at the hamlet, suspended all activities involving poultry in markets within Nam Son commune, vaccinated all the fowl in the commune and is closely monitoring the slaughter of poultry in an effort to prevent the epidemic from spreading.

Its seems to be coming over from china, will be worried as I keep hens

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
damn it no more chicken for me i think im gonna try that sun thing the guy was talkin about on the pineal gland thread! can it be passed from birds to humans without actually eating the bird??

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I knew it was just a matter of time before this resurfaced, I knew it wasn't gone, and neither is the swine flu

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh darn it. Was going to make chicken curry tonight.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

i wouldn't worry as long as you cook it all thoroughly first!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
you sure jumping beanz cuz i love chicken??lol you got me paranoid now!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

don't think can be sure of anything everything has the possibility!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
thanks for makin me feel better...

new topics

top topics

join