It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductee's Experience Watching "The Fourth Kind" Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying I don't believe in anything except myself. However, I too just watched the movie, less than an hour ago.

Fun movie. I found myself thinking of some of the key words or phrases, "sumerian", "I am.....god", and the floating human on bed, etc. At a glance you can easily see this was a demon and not an alien.

Take care folks,

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Definitively putting this topic to rest:

"It was with crushing disappointment that my research discovered this is all made up out of whole cloth, including the real Abigail. The film wasn't even shot in Nome, but mostly in Bulgaria. And Dallas Massie, a retired state trooper who's the acting police chief in Nome, says he's heard nothing about aliens.

I learn all this from the blog of an Anchorage Daily News reporter, Kyle Hopkins, who says about 20 people have indeed disappeared in the area since the 1960s, and writes: "The FBI stepped in, reviewing two dozen cases, eventually determining that excessive alcohol consumption and the winter climate were a common link in many of the cases. Some of the dead were killed by exposure or from falling off a jetty into the frigid Snake River."

Roger Ebert's review of The Fourth Kind which can be found here.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

sorry no. the nose, the chin even the eyebrows are different. she is not the woman in the footage. nice try but its not the same person!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0d2a815c2ac.jpg[/atsimg]
She does however look alot like Seline Dion!

It must be her! she looks just like her. she is living a double life!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by NephraTari]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

well if the GOVERNMENT says that is what it must be then it MUST be so. we all know they would NEVER lie to us right?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Wow! I am sorry you went through an emotional upset when watching this movie. I haven't heard of it (don't watch TV) so I am not up on current movies.

I wonder what triggered this reaction off in you? Familiarity?

I gotta say though (as you probably would concur) not all abductions are negative experiences (that I believe anyways).

I wonder what differentiates them all?
Different Human reactions?
Different intent in certain abductions?
Or is it the different species doing the abduction that makes this bad or good?
On a side note; although I tend to agree abductions are mostly performed by Greys , these Grey entities 'work for' many different off-world species. They are the 'helpers' and many different species, 'hire' them.... (sorta speak)

So again, it's always fascinated me trying to figure out why some experiences are enlightening while others, unremarkable yet others, down right terrifying.

I think we may get to know pretty soon because I do believe (and want) them to 'show up' (or us, to evolve to the 4th dimension) in the next couple of years!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

That wasn't the govn'ment saying that, Nephra. That was national film critic and film reviewer Roger Ebert. Ebert has no government agenda. He's just a guy who loves cinema and decided to look into the truth behind the Nome, Alaska cases.

As well, if such a plethora of abductees were recorded having these experiences, and they were all from the same town - it would have made national headlines, not just a thriller movie.

And finally, the "archival" footage presented in the movie would be extremely personal and protected from being distributed freely. Wait through the credits and there are no "archive tapes used by permission" comments.

It's a decently suspenseful movie. And it IS based on legitimate case files. But Nome, Alaska was not where it all happened.

~ Scribe

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I was referring to THIS bit that you posted.

I learn all this from the blog of an Anchorage Daily News reporter, Kyle Hopkins, who says about 20 people have indeed disappeared in the area since the 1960s, and writes: "The FBI stepped in, reviewing two dozen cases, eventually determining that excessive alcohol consumption and the winter climate were a common link in many of the cases. Some of the dead were killed by exposure or from falling off a jetty into the frigid Snake River."

Obviously there was something to investigate or they would not have stepped in. If they had come to other conclusions do you really think it would have been stated as such?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit mean but pleeeeeease, I have seen this movie and straight away you can tell the footage, audio is fake.

As for the film well, I thought it was tripe.

How can anyone believe the footage isn't fake when that woman suddenly takes off and is hovering in the air lol.

As soon as you see Milla Jovovich playing the lead role you know what she is saying about it being real is total rubbish.

She's never been in a good film, all the resident evil films were tripe.

Of course I know many will disagree with my opinions but one thing is for sure if people are really being abducted by aliens i'd be frankly offended by all this hollywood rubbish being spewed out about ufo's and aliens.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by kurtcobainuk]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That bit is from Ebert's film review. And while the FBI has stepped in, the FBI has also investigated millions of missing persons claims across the country. Nome may have had a lost of missing persons claims, but no where near the amount stated at the end of the film. Nor I believe, has the FBI been there such a preposterous amount of time so that this small Alaskan town has more FBI visits than any other town or city in the country.

Overall the movie is fake, but many events in the movie are gathered from cases across the country and it's history. Much how [Paranormal Activity was a mockumentary that gathered common demonic possession elements (trances, loud rappings, Ouija board use, ghostly phenomenon, etc) in an attempt to make a convincing movie about all of the elements of demonic possession.

The Fourth Kind has gathered abduction claims, and abduction literature then taken all of these cases and piled them all up together in the little town of Nome to make the effects more shocking.

Aaaand, not to be a killjoy or anything, but in Sumerian theology (the Babylonian elements) the Gods aren't demons, or aliens, or any of that. They're just selfish and greedy little beasties who really don't care one way or the other about humanity.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Same woman, ever heard of a thing called make up? This is just a movie folks, relax.

The film's trailer states that the story is based on "actual case studies," but did not specify any cases. As a result, much speculation has arisen regarding the search for documented evidence from the actual cases and whether Dr. Abigail Tyler is a real person or a fictional character for use in an internet viral marketing campaign.

On September 1, 2009, an investigation by the Anchorage Daily News examined the validity of the film's premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more frequent than any other small Alaskan town. The consensus is that the high rate of alcoholism combined with the harsh landscape surrounding Nome accounts for a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.

Source

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

LOL! Just accept it. It's the same woman for crying out loud

*shakes head*

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by GOTZEUS

sorry no. the nose, the chin even the eyebrows are different. she is not the woman in the footage. nice try but its not the same person!

Yeah same woman. just like
www.inquisitr.com...
and
www.ourkitchensink.com...

--------------------------------------

That fact is the fourth kind was one the worst movie i have ever watched. The entire "this was real" thing seemed tacked on in an effort to make the movie interesting. Even if it was real i woud have wished that the doctor never walked again and that she would never find her child because people accross america had to sit and watch that.
I love how people try to work every conspiray angle on this, when this was comming out the usual characters rose their heads and were saying "OMG this is diclosure because they are making a movie about aliens that means the NWO illuminati are going to disclose it all" then when the movie is horrible and is in and out of the movie theatre its "OMG cover up"

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing those for you very bad experiences xynephadyn,

Originally posted by xynephadyn
If I could desribe it acurately, the way the people were screaming and reacting in the movie- is how you feel while being abducted, however you cant move, you cant scream- and you are paralyzed while it is happening. But the horror- the horror is real.

For what I know and understand of the abduction phenomenon so far is that it mostly happens as you described it, so that you cant move, you cant scream and you are paralyzed while it is happening. But the horror- the horror is real.

Regarding the scenes in the film which I did not see myself yet [see below], I personally believe that it is absolutely impossible to come into a position that an abduction executed by Non Humans [ETs] could be filmed; therefore I cannot believe that they are genuine, despite they seem to look so real.

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I learned I was taken many times by the Greys, with them at times the Reptillians and Government Agents, all were negative abductions.

I suppose you are familiar with this information, but to be shore I post it anyway.

The information below shows that it seems more and more clear that there is definitely some kind of ongoing interference between certain abductees and some military or intelligence covert-ops but this interference happens only after people were abducted by ET’s.

So that covert-ops military personnel surveillance, re-abduct, and interrogate abductees to gather information on ET motives, ET genetics, ET technology, and abductees’ psi (paranormal) abilities.

I think that such an experience would be very shocking as well.

The Research of Melinda Leslie:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d075ef2a2efa.jpg[/atsimg]

Melinda Leslie's research into the military or intelligence covert-ops reverse engineering of extraterrestrial abductees, also known as MILABs and RE-ABs in ufology, is redefining both the UFO cover-up and abduction paradigms by showing that the military-industrial management of extraterrestrial related information and technology includes the monitoring and re-abduction of alien abductees.

She finds that just as covert-ops personnel gathers and reverse-engineers ET craft, they also gather and reverse-engineer abductees – and for the same reason; furthering development of secret advanced programs and technologies and control of the information.

Her research shows that covert-ops military personnel surveillance, re-abduct, and interrogate abductees to gather information on ET motives, ET genetics, ET technology, and abductees’ psi (paranormal) abilities.

She investigates the newest developments, cases, evidence, and detailed experiences of the abductees involved. Additionally, Melinda feels strongly that her research demonstrates why there can't be an official UFO disclosure without addressing the abduction phenomenon.

www.alienexperiences.com...

The late Dr. John E. Mack on MILABS from an interview by Melinda Leslie:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b85fe7b096.jpg[/atsimg]

“…I have cases I’m working with particularly in some depth where military involvement has been very important, disturbing, ongoing, and complicated. I have others that have seen military people as well…The person feels they’re being menaced in day-to-day life by black helicopters, MIBs, men in uniform, and people in dark cars…This is not like a regular feel…abductees are transported to some underground place…

There is some relationship, some kind of communication and collaboration between certain extraterrestrial beings in this underground place and the military people. The abductees are in some kind of intermediary role between these (covert-ops) types and the beings…” in some kind of intermediary role between these (covert-ops) types and the beings…”

www.alienexperiences.com...

I would have watched the film this evening [in Holland] but after reading your OP and spoke about it with my wife she decide that it would be better as I look to it first in order to see what I would say about it.

[edit on 30/3/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have to be honest, this film did scare the living £%$ out of me, when that first guy raises out of the bed and his face distorts in the camera, i was getting complete goosebumps, like with the other 'footage'.

To be honest, i'm actually kind of hoping that it is all a hoax, i looked at the comparison between the actors and such that was put up before, and the similarity is striking, i am a bit torn between whether it is or not. my only comparison is that in the videos, she has brown eyes yet the actress has stark blue, although this is easily changed through contact lenses.

In the 'real footage' however, i know there are some pretty spectacular actors out there, but i've never seen a 'class B' actor pull off the look of fear that i saw..

i completely don't agree with the complete bashing of the movie though, even if it is all a hoax, which i hope it is. i think it was very well put together and a good concept, it obviously worked since the publicity the film got, which in the end is all the filmmakers want.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JACKRADAKILL
There is NO question that it is a hoax. For anyone to think otherwise makes me question just how silly human beings really are. I actually thought they did a half-assed job of the 'real' footage, it stank of hollywood all over, i am always surprised to hear that someone has taken this movie seriously.

Then why is there currently a need for a police chief with this type of backround???

Craig Moates

Especially after the last a$$hole who was portrayed in the movie. My Lord... I wanted to strangle that SOB.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Longy4eva

In the 'real footage' however, i know there are some pretty spectacular actors out there, but i've never seen a 'class B' actor pull off the look of fear that i saw.

I agree totally.

I suspect that the university interview with the doctor really happened as portrayed... but to protect the doctor, who I suspect has never recovered from her experiences... they got another actress to similate the interview. That was my take as I was watching.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by GOTZEUS

I thought she looked more like Dakota Fanning in twenty years.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Ok i never seen anything about this movie on ATS i never looked. But i just seen it 3 weeks ago and IMO its fake. Anyone who has a pistol or has shot one would see from the "Police footage" that it was fake.

And out of the 4 people in the world who can translate Sumerian text she finds one who hops a plane to Nome Alaska translates the voice (because he and only he knows what the Sumerian language sounds like) and sits in on a session.

Oh and ALL IN 1 DAY??????? sorry but IMHO its fake. Where are the actors? Under contract and (maybe) in Nome.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I suspect... that what the movie portrayed as actual recorded video... was in itself just a simulation of the actual recorded events. In other words... they created a simulation within a simulation... to protect the identities of the actual victims. I'm still doing some research so still can't be positive. Just a hunch.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The most truth you could say about this type of media/advertising/hyping is "inspired by alleged events". That pretty-much let's them call anything "true".

Here's one more IMDB link, with the full *CAST*:

Internet Movie Data-Base

PS: Lead role by same chick as from "UltraViolet".

[edit on 2010-7-7 by EnhancedInterrogator]

[edit on 2010-7-7 by EnhancedInterrogator]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join