It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductee's Experience Watching "The Fourth Kind" Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Firstly, what really annoys me is that a lot of people say some facts, but do not provide evidence to backup those facts.
Secondly, You are ATS people! Why don't you think, that the cover up agents work properly to hide this story, to block the way to the widespread interest in the abduction stories?
Thirdly, I just don't get why people take wikipedia as a credible source... Its about time to realize the truth - wikipedia is not the source where you can look for truth. (of course, it has some basic info, but not about aliens).

You see, I am not a believer, but I'm open-minded and when people say its a hoax and add nothing to backup the word it's just not right.

Now on the movie. I've seen it today and it was very well made. At some parts scary and overall it was a great movie. Some people say "why the was no aliens or spaceships" and all I can say is that this would make this movie not so credible. Without special effects it made me think, use my imagination (like paranormal activity).
I think this movie isn't a hoax. Yes, it has a bunch of actors and internet is filled with people debunking it, but I think it has something credible in it. I don't know what, but I feel, that that little town hides some truth..

P.S. That Charlott e Milchard has a similar face as real Abigale Tyler from the movie, but she isn't the one. The birth marks on the face (right cheek).

[edit on 17-3-2010 by 13ssA]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by 13ssA]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Why do we have to call it 'hoax'? It's a movie about alien abductions made in a way that is very realistic. I have been an abduction believer since I was a child, but I didn't go to see this thinking it was real. It was still just as frightening though and I think that making people aware of what abductees go through in a fictional movie is still very important.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I was part of an group abduction
while stationed a Holloman AFB in New Mexico.
It started durring the day & extened in to dark.
The F15's were scrambled from the base after the object.
With that in mind I want to make a comment to the public.

I was very disturbed by the way that the public
is being treated by the media.
You are being conditioned to belive nothing.
To a point...

Now take that in mind.
Go to this movie.
Turn around & watch the croud.
Watch there reactions.
How many stay to watch the credits?
If this proves anything.
It proves we are ready.

Don't be critial of those that claim abduction.
Just start watching the sky & waters for anomlies youself.

Watcher -------

PS I am tee'ed off by the prestation of this movie.
It claims to be real.
Has the film maker steped out to comment that it was a spoof ?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The movie looks quite interesting and the question of real or actors is what was used to sell it. I do not know if I am going to watch it, as some of these types of films do give me bad dreams.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, xynephadyn.

Here is the list of credits from imdb:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, friend, and don't let the individuals swinging the "hoax" hammer and those espousing negativity bother you; there are many here, both lurkers and active posters, that are experiencers; far too much focus is placed on whether it is real or fake, yet it stands out that this is another little piece set before all to bring the idea of aliens and abductions before everyone.

As an example, watch a random sample of the current cartoons on everyday for the children, and see how many have aliens or futuristic technology in them; tis indeed a very good way to plant the thought that aliens do exist, even if it is just a "childrens" anime or cartoon; propaganda is still propaganda, and it makes one wonder just what the public isbeing prepped for...

seeker

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't believe anyone would believe that the movie showed real footage and that the bad acting "victims" weren't actors. It was all too cheesy. All the split screens and fake footage that always got fuzzy. Do people actually think that real footage that insane would be shown first and only in a movie? People are more gullible than I thought. Now about the movie. I had high hopes for it. They could've done so much with a movie based on alien abductions. When it comes to real abductions the truth is far stranger than the fiction like what you see in this movie. Why even make stuff up like the aliens speaking an ancient language? They could've shown what supposedly goes on aboard ufos during an abduction. They could've shown the small aliens people describe and the taller aliens. So many people have seen them and most describe the same features so it'd be easy. They could show the tools and machines people see. Real abductees have described in detail many things that went on while they were aboard the craft. There are so many consistencies in abduction accounts. All anyone would have to do is use real abduction accounts in a movie and it could turn out to be amazing. If they'd just quit with the hollywood fake bull#. Movies like this is what makes aliens and ufos and abductions seem so silly and help spread fake information. If you're going to make a movie about abductions at least tell the truth. Otherwise it makes it all seem bogus.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys for your support!

Everybody has their own opinions on the film, but I did want to agree with a previous poster that Dr. Tyler in the "actual footage" was not played by the actress Charlotte Milchard "Dr. Tyler" that was being interviewed towards the end. So who played the Dr. Tyler in the original footage? We may never know...

Additionally, as a regression therapist myself, the reactions of the people under hypnosis, seemed very visually real, to what people in real life act, speak, and look like while under hypnosis.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
just downloaded it tonight, planning on watching it in a little while. hope it's as good as everyone says. I hate milla jojovevich

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I would turn down regression for the same reasons you are giving as well. I do recall the last negative physical abduction that I know took place, April 17 th of last year, that I was given a choice to be conscious and aware, or to go to sleep. I couldnt see them, but a more gentle grey was touching me and connecting. I chose sleep and hoped I was mistaken, only to awake with wounds, burns, the children had needle marks same place, my older son missing time while up, and I had some short glimpses of memories.

But even while I say that, there is so much more inside, there is a feeling of putting it into perspective, and like you I've had experiences with the positives, many, ongoing. And recently, off and on since summer actually, I've also had patroles and protection from the negatives. I won't watch this movie, because its slanted. This is a fear based movie, put out by the same militia that was in my experinces, with the greys, and you have said were in yours. Have you wondered why? I question everything and look closely. Movies, media, news all manipulate our emotions, our feelings, and they do so in a certain way, by design, so that they have windows to change timelines on, windows into our collective consciousness. This is all manipulation and their intentions for us, and the human race is to reset us, depopulate.

For you memories, seek assistance within, go deep within in meditation, to understand and heal, to gain perspective, to connect to your higher self, your cosmic self. Work on raising your frequency, and memories returning, and these other things will lose their intensity.

We need to keep clear when we watch things like this, and know how powerful manifesting with emotions are, so we can develop guided meditations and create vision boards that really bring strong positive feelings to change the ending to this play.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just saw it, loved it! Lights off, stereo up watching it through the big screen T.V

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Whether it was real or not it was very entertaining and spooky in parts.
Not many movies send a chill over me like this one did

I would recommend this film for sure

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Great post, S&F, thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm just glad I have never experienced that.

I don't think I will ever watch that film. Real or not, I find it hard enough to sleep as it is! I watched the vids in the "CGI: discussion with Philipe Kling David" thread 2 nights ago, I wasn't really freaked out watching them because I knew they were fake but that night I still had the worst nightmare.

I woke up around 3-4am, completely dark in my room as I live in the country and it was a cloudy night, felt uncomfortably warm and my mind started racing and a really strong feeling of fear came over me.

Somehow I drifted back to sleep, but the dream carried on like I was awake, and I'n the dream I was looking at earlier camera footage of me in bed asleep, then a creature like a cross between a grey and those things from "the descent" walks into frame and was just leaning over me. So then I completely freaked out in the dream which woke me up. I calmed down though when I realized that I don't actually have a security camera in my room and logic kicked back in!

Still gives me shivers though. So can't really imaging what the forth kind might cause!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I did watch this movie with my husband, and it did disturb me, and really upset me, weither or not it was real. I went to bed freaked out, it was the only movie that scared me this badly, and I thought "Fire in the Sky" was bad. I was happy they didn't show actual aliens, which is probably why it freaked so many people out.

My husband and I both got up the next morning and researched wether it was a hoax, and come to find out it was all fake. My husband found a board with people from Gnome Alaska and com to find out it is isolated but people basically go there to get drunk, and yes people go missing, and it was said that they probably get lost going back home, and freeze to death, some people have been found in that manner, and some are never to be found.

What distubred me the most was what this "Dr" said in the movie that some people don't even know they are being abducted at all, and the fact that she didn't even know she was being abducted until she recorded it. *Sorry for the spoiler* I haven't really been thinking about this much as i don't want to open another door right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'll try and be as unharsh (if thats even a word) as possible here..

Seriously, its just a film. Sure, there's plenty of films out there that are based on real events and are just spiced up to appeal to the masses.. but while this is being portrayed as actual events also, you only have to see how heavily they're relying on the 'this is a reconstruction of blah blah etc' thing to see that its done for entertainment purposes.
Its just an angle to come from when making the film. If it was marketed as a run-of-the-mill fictional alien film then it would not have recieved half of the interest it has. And like you said, you went to see it believing it was real.. thats probably why thousands of other people have gone to watch it, and why thousands/millions went to watch paranormal activity and the blair witch project.
Also, you say you've been abducted yourself and were quite disturbed by it.. so why would you go see a horror film with that exact thing happening? Surely you didnt expect to come out feeling happy and at peace with the world?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So many people on here are calling this movie fake because there's an IMDB rating complete with cast, writers and director.

Has it ever occured to you that the government forced IMDB to post this stuff to divert us from the truth? If the movie could be fake, then you have to entertain the fact that maybe the IMDB info is fake, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

The IMDB does not credit the many actors who appeared in all of the clips of abductees. I put up the reference for those who are interested in seeing who is listed in the credits of the movie.

Most actors in bit roles are not credited, and even those who have speaking parts may not get a credit.

That does not mean the persons appearing are actors.

IMDB is supplied with information by producers and others associated with the movies. It is quite possible some could put in fake credits in a movie, as the checking of facts at the site is limited.

[edit on 3/21/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.[7]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by k3rm1t]

It could have been a really good movie, but it sucked. Milla Jovovich should not have signed on for such crap. And the guy that played the sheriff was just terrible. That's why it was straight to video, and I wasted 4 bucks on it on ondemand.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is a touchy subject for me. It seems very few people have had what Whitley Strieber calls "body terrors," when the body trembles and becomes almost uncontrollable due to fear induced by the grays. I personally feel it is an energy incompatability more than fear.

I wish I could hug each and every person that has gone through the experience as the bastards did that to me on four different occasions. On two of them I woke-up myself up screaming with a gray in the room. All I can say is let them screw up just once, let me be free to move and the thing will be on my grill that night. My daughter told me I almost caught it the first time, me in a full run behind it as we passed her open door to her bedroom.

The screaming is real and the voice and screams accompanying the "body terror" events are real. The voice is so powerful it even frightened me and it was coming from my body.

But anyway, it is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Rich

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Oouthere]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Jeez, people are willing to believe anything. The film was a hoax, and the "real" footage was fake. It's just a movie people..and a pretty poor one at that.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
I look forward to watching both 'the fourth kind' and 'paranormal activity',
Hopefully both are better than blair witch.
Its based on actual cases but its not real footage, they are all actors. Its just a movie, and one that alot of time and money went into making 'authentic'.

I think the fact you never really saw the aliens or UFOs is what did it for me.

Damn you, you just ruined it for me. I love Cgi aliens! CEOTK (close encounters) was excellent.

Yes indeed though, this was the fear factor in blair witch, that its what you dont see that frightens you.
We fear the unknown. I expect the fear factor is the same in 'paranormal activity', but more effective perhaps, since you dont expect to see ghost.

Im looking forwardto both anyway!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

The Blair Witch project is better than both of these films. Paranormal Activity is the better of the 2 that you mentioned but IMO it's not great either.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oouthere
My daughter told me I almost caught it the first time, me in a full run behind it as we passed her open door to her bedroom.

So you chased an alien through your house. How did it manage to escape? Did it go out the front door? If so, did it have to open the door or was it already open? When it left the house where did it go? Did this happen at night? If so, why was your daughter awake? I suppose your screams woke her up. Are you married? If so, did your wife witness all of this? How did the alien get into your house? I thought aliens supposedly had beam technology. Why did it have to run from you, couldn't it have just beamed out?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join