It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductee's Experience Watching "The Fourth Kind" Movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, I just got finished watching The Fourth Kind, the movie starring Mila Jovovich about alien abductions in Nome, Alaska.

Here is the trailer for those unfamiliar with the movie.

Let me say, that my reaction to this movie is simply- TRAUMATIZED.

I went into the movie, believing it was real footage, and while there are tons of articles, on ATS and all over the internet claiming that it was Hoaxed like Paranormal Activity and the Blair Witch, claiming that what the film portrayed as Actual Footage, was infact staged footage.

My rebuttle to that opinion, is where are the actors (Dr. Abigail Tyler) who were portrayed in the Actual Footage, and why hasnt anybody- anybody who knew them in real life pointed out to the press that it was a Hoax. Certainly this film has been out for over 5 months now- and where are the actors? Disinformation exists, to stop people from freaking out. This may have been the case in this instance. Regardless of debating whether or not the footage was real, the point of this thread is to tell you my personal reaction.

PERSONAL REACTION:

I think I went into shock about a quarter through the movie. And I stayed simply mortified watching through until the end. I am a very sensitive Empath and the horror portrayed on the video of the actual footage, really really disturbed me. To the point that I can say that it was the most disturbing footage I have ever seen to date. My bodys reaction to seeing this film was that of anxiety, and an all over numbness and tensing of all of my body's muscles to the point that I am now trying to calm myself enough to write this. And I wanted to write this while it was fresh in my mind to share with all of you, rather than tomorrow after it had faded.

What disturbed me most about the film, for me, was the horror. The horror portrayed in the film is similiar in my opinion to what it feels like to be abducted. And I write this with tears in my eyes, because it is so frightening to remember. If I could desribe it acurately, the way the people were screaming and reacting in the movie- is how you feel while being abducted, however you cant move, you cant scream- and you are paralyzed while it is happening. But the horror- the horror is real.

Also, what struck me as interesting was the description of a smell of putrid cinnamon, to describe the smell of the alien, and I smelled it- I could actually smell what they had just said, and I Had never remembered a smell associated with my abductions. The Sumerian language I did not however agree with remembering or being associated in any other persons abduction encounter that I have ever come across. So that could very well be, Hollywood.

My personal abductions, began when I was a child, and continued until several years ago, to my knowledge. I have no clear recollection of any of my abductions, as some do- some remember everything.

However, I have always had the scars and marks to confirm the abductions, aswell as the same marks shared with an ex-boyfriend who was also abducted with me. It was never a question to me, whether I had or had not been. And since my psychic abilities developed in my early twenties I Have had a better understanding of the meaning behind the abductions. I worked in meditation learning more about how, what, and who.

I learned I was taken many times by the Greys, with them at times the Reptillians and Government Agents, all were negative abductions. I have also had positive abductions with the Nordics, Pleiadians, aswell as the Insectiods.

I have chosen specifically not to go under full hypnosis to remember the abductions, for the reasons displayed in the movie The Fourth Kind. I do not want to remember that kind of horror and trauma. I enjoy my ignorance in that fact. However, I do remember fragments of the experiences, and these alone keep me from wanting to remember them completely.

I feel that the horror experienced in my body tonight- by reliving the horror that these people or actors portrayed was enough to experience. Whether it was real or not on film, it is real in real life. And that fact, is disturbing as hell.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
You make an excellent point about the actors, if this is a movie, where are they? Where were the publicity tours? The interviews? All the other stuff that goes with making a movie?

The disinformation angle is probably right. This is real footage until proven otherwise.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I am really excited that this movie is out. I have wanted to see it for awhile. I don't know if it is a hoax or not but I always found it strange that it was almost immediately buried the minute it came out. There was much advertising and hype and all of it seemed to go away all of a sudden. Maybe a coincidence or maybe a cover up...who really knows? Looks like a great movie and the read on your experience was excellent as well so thanks for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I saw the movie,and I also felt really frightned,Im not claiming to be abducted in the past or anything.I simply felt scared watching the movie,and I really like this thrilling feeling of fear from movies,I used to get that when I was younger,and almost never anymore.But this movie was really uh,scary what more to say I dont know,but if ya're easily scared,do not watch it,or do it for the sake of fear thrill

But I dont know.maybe it is real,in some way

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
sorry for double post

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Locke23]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The movie is really awesome if you believe in it - it really makes you feel unsettled inside.

The only thing that spoiled it for me was some of the footage - in my believing mind I was thinking "Amazing!!!"....but then reality kicked back in and I said "Hold on, if this is real, I would have surely seen that video on ATS"

The best part of the movie was watching people afterwards, you could tell in the crowd the people who believed it - because they were totally shocked, as if their whole world and beliefs had crumbled apart.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
guys its a hoax....
come on.
there are numerous threads about it on ATS. And also tons of info on the net.
the movie created a sense of uneasiness for me too, it was well done, but it was a hoax. you can do research on the dr. she never existed. You can do research on gnome..there's no record of any of that stuff or any of the people. They probably looked for obscure actors on purpose...i mean come on...how can anyone underestimate hollywood....they spend millions and millions of dollars to make this stuff believable...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
here you go>>>>>>>>Charlott e Milchard

Here she is at IMDB

and Wiki

[edit on 17-3-2010 by GOTZEUS]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
All I have to say is, well... first of all, OMG you poor thing! I am SO sorry that... evilness happened to you! But I was gonna tell you, although I`ve not been abducted as far as my knowledge, I went into the theatre thinking it was real as well and i was very interested in the "abduction phenomena" (I learned that term from reading John E. Mack`s first book on the topic) and it scared the crap outta me too and my first reaction was also how real the horror portrayed by the incredible actors was. If they ever find these people they should seriously all win some awards. And of course I was familiar with all of the sumarian e.t. stories so I fell for all of it like an idiot and only read later on the internet that it was fake. And there was also a thing saying how the company got in trouble for saying that the footage was real on all the prewviews, so at least I knew I wasn`t crazy for thinking it was real. Guess it`s like that movie, fargo. They can just lie if they want because it`s a movie. I guess we should remember that. But until we know, we don`t knowe it could have been real. Freaked me out...especially that guy killin his family. The scary thing was, I could understand why he diid that. HAVE any abductees done anything similiar? I`ve never heard of it that`s what eventually convinced me it was fake

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
There is NO question that it is a hoax. For anyone to think otherwise makes me question just how silly human beings really are. I actually thought they did a half-assed job of the 'real' footage, it stank of hollywood all over, i am always surprised to hear that someone has taken this movie seriously.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just wanted to say, yeah if the movies fake ok but the phenomena is not. And I just wanted to say that the humans who allow this to happen to other people should be...castrated! And the e.t.`s... I`d put a good ol` Earthling foot up it`s ayuzz and send it careening across the galaxy hopefully to a black hole so it can disappear forever! (But not the good one`s of course! ;^)) I don`t know if this sounds really pretentious but I have always felt that love can help this universe...and the living things in it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is from Wikipedia ok and I have seen the film. For me it was a very good gripping film but rumors about it being a hoax well each to their own i say.

On September 1, 2009, an investigation by Noori Wright and the Anchorage Daily News examined the validity of the film's premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).[6]

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.[7]

On November 13, 2009 WorstPreviews.com reported "Universal Pictures has just reached out to us to let us know that the studio was not sued and the money was just a contribution Universal made to the Alaska Press Club. The contribution was not a result of any lawsuit."[8]

The movie actually turned out to be fake, and the actress who played Dr. Abigail Tyler is Charlotte Milchard, who can be found on the Internet Movie Database.[9] Her name is stated in the end credits under "Nome Residents", along with actors Valentin Ganev, Vladimir Kolev, Jay Glenn Sunberg, and Sylvia Loulcheva.[citation needed] Also, the town portrayed as "Nome" in the movie is actually Squamish, British Columbia.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It has an IMDB entry complete with writing, directing and acting credits.

www.imdb.com...

Regardless of what it is based on or the possible reality of what it depicts, it appears to be a work of fiction.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The movie IS fake!!! It's a form of cinema where they market a movie as real or as a documentary. It's a French term. This movie is NOT based on actual events in Alaska, it's marketed to seem that way and well it worked.

Here is the actress who played the "real" Abigail Tyler in the movie.
Charlotte Milchard

I believe in alien abductions but this movie is not a true story. It's made to make you think it is, which to me is wrong. I personally dont like movies that do this because someone somewhere will always think it's real. It was a marketing scheme and it worked.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In my opinion I think that the approach to this film was a really bad move on the part of the filmmakers.

They had a real opportunity to deliver something unique here but instead took a lot of actual (and somewhat conventional) facts, twisted them to enormous proportions then fabricated a story to deliver a very shoddy "Alien" version of The Blair Witch Project.

Sadly, the film didn't even know what it wanted to be.

Filmed somewhere in Bulgaria(?), it switched from documentary-style with an unnecessary intro and fuzzy footage, then back to dramatization where it should have stayed, then AGAIN back to quasi-documentary when oddly reiterating what it stated in the beginning by telling us via subtitles that Bill Patton was simply an actor playing a part.

Duh.

Why show the alleged psychiatric sessions side by side with a filmed version? Was that necessary? I mean, if you are even going to use the "archived footage" in such a manner then why not just make an actual documentary and not pretend it is a film based on one? It was very annoying going back and forth like that.

Most of the people in Nome, Alaska had no idea what the hell this film was trying to say about them. Certainly from my own research online, the law officers asked about this said they don't know anything about aliens having abducted people in the area.

The film took a very unique phenomenon, one that is very emotional and even traumatic for many of those claiming to have gone through it, and turned it into a cheap gimmick to trick people out of their money through deceit and outright insults to the audiences intelligence.

The equivalent of a low budget smash-and-grab.

To those that allege they are going through similar experiences, I feel for you.
I myself have gone through some very other-worldly experiences that I cannot fully explain or understand.

None of us know too much for sure about all of this, but I believe that at the very least you feel are experiencing something...whatever that may eventually turn out to be. Unfortunately a bungled film/hoax like this only seems to yank away any sort of credibility most abductees struggle to maintain because they inevitably get mocked for falling for this "hoax" that uses actually bits and pieces of accounts they can relate to.

Sadly I see people claiming they went through similar experiences only to be hit real fast and hard with "That was a hoax! You fell for that rubbish?" Maybe that was the true purpose of this garbage. To discredit you even further because you personally relate to what it is trying to say and if you ever do come forward your claims will be summarily dismissed as pure Hollywood inspired fiction.

After all, what was "Holly wood" but material used to create a wand to cast (sleeping) spells?
It's all about the magic of movies. Unless you believe the other story of that name merely being random because it sounded cool.

If you are waiting for Hollywood to devout any real attention to the alien abduction phenomenon, don't hold your breath. Look at that Travis Walton travesty then read what he actually claimed happened.

Forget Hollywood.
You'll get more honesty and less agenda from claims and stories on Youtube.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I forgot to mention this, but good luck xynephadyn.
My heart is with you, and I know you will find resolution.

It is inevitable.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I found this movie to be a tad creepy. I believe in abductions and well this movie just made the hairs on my neck stand up! I think the fact you never really saw the aliens or UFOs is what did it for me. It seemed real, even though it wasnt. I have had some experiences when I was younger but I am still not sure what they were. I dont really discuss it because I dont know what it was....a dream or other?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I look forward to watching both 'the fourth kind' and 'paranormal activity',
Hopefully both are better than blair witch.
Its based on actual cases but its not real footage, they are all actors. Its just a movie, and one that alot of time and money went into making 'authentic'.

I think the fact you never really saw the aliens or UFOs is what did it for me.

Damn you, you just ruined it for me. I love Cgi aliens! CEOTK (close encounters) was excellent.

Yes indeed though, this was the fear factor in blair witch, that its what you dont see that frightens you.
We fear the unknown. I expect the fear factor is the same in 'paranormal activity', but more effective perhaps, since you dont expect to see ghost.

Im looking forwardto both anyway!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I thought it was a crappy Sci- fi movie. It was not buried...it sucked. They tried to make like abductions were real when thier not. That was thier mistake...lame attempt at making something fictional...real. No one in thier right mind believes this garbage and the audiences spoke when the movie failed at box office. They should have made abductions for what it is,,,SCI FI and a lot more exciting. The audiences probably felt ripped off by not being able to see the pretend spaceships and aliens.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have to say, I went to see that film with my friend and I was screaming all the way through XD
I do find it strange that non of the actors in the "original footage" are creditied.
Being in the performance field my self, I find it very un likely that non of the actors are going to want to be credited. Concidering that the way to get the jobs is to be seen in pervious jobs.

Anyway yeah, i think the whole thing about the town being a prime center for abductions and the plot is fake, I think that the cases could very well be based on real cases, just from around the globe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join