It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Prediction Experiment: Asking the Cosmos During Meditation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I can hardly imagine that I would be the first to try this, or be the last for that matter. But I did. Tonight I tried it. I asked the Cosmos, or Akashic Record, or God, or whatever you want to call it, when would be the next earthquake. It wasn't a deep meditative session, but merely a quick blanking of the mind, connecting to the beyond, and then the simple question.

I did this at around 4pm Eastern Standard Time. I left my mind open, and tried to pay attention to my next incoming thought. The word TONGA came up.

Well, so being the avid earthquake watcher I am, as many around ATS will know, I immediately recognized this name to be that of a chain of islands in the southwestern pacific. And earthquakes in that region are plentiful- happen all the time.

As most of the time occurs with me, after blanking my mind and connecting, I became very tired and went to sleep for 4 hours or so.

When I got up, I was curious, so I looked at the ever-so-referenced link that many of us watch from the USGS, which lists the latest earthquakes all over the world:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And I wasn't floored, but I must admit I was nevertheless a bit surprised when I saw that indeed, a 5.1 magnitude earthquake occurred close to there, some 3 to 4 hours after my little "session":

earthquake.usgs.gov...

So with that, I just did a couple of hours ago another session where this time I got more specific. I asked, "Where will the next 8 magnitude or above earthquake occur," and kept my mind open. No thoughts came at first, but then "Japan" popped into my mind. I asked the same question again. And again, after a brief period, the same word came back into my mind: Japan.

And then I asked, "when will this occur, what date?" A pause, and then all that came into my mind was "March". I tried to concentrate harder for more information, and I think the number 17 came up. March 17th? I don't know. And I ended it there.

It takes a lot out of me to do this, and already I am tired again- as usual when I do this.

Now needless to say, I am not putting much stock in this, and I am probably wrong. So we will see. But thought I would deposit this here just in case there is something to this.

Doing this assumes certain things, like that there is some kind of Cosmic Timeline, and that future events can be accessed in some way. Big assumptions, I know. I won't be upset or disappointed at all if it doesn't happen, and on the contrary, I will be glad for the people of Japan.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I try to tap in to the matrix that binds everything in the universe for answers. For the best part all i get are vague images. Nothing specific ever leaps out at me. So far anyway.

Im now focusing on methods for decifering what these images might be symbolic of. Some nostradamus style predictions. Its hard because as you say it takes a lot out of you. I totaly believe this is possible but unless your born very gifted. I think you'll heve to practice to get better.

I look forward to posting some of my predictions on here in the future. Im not going to go out on a limb untill i feel that i've got it down the best i can.

Does'nt look like that Earth quake happened this time but all you got was march 17. You didnt ask which year this may occur.

I say keep trying my friend and building on your skills. Maybe you just need to focus you minds eye a little clearer.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by KrypticCriminal]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This looks like an interesting experiment - might give it a try myself.
Like the previous poster said, probably would take a few tries before you would get much success. If I do try this myself, I won't try to get a date but just maybe focus on the next one over a particular magnitude. It's often said by those who do attempt psychic predictions of any kind that dates and times are the most difficult thing to get.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Think about what will happen if you have never heard of the place where the next earthquake will occur? I did a experiment today inspired by this thread, and asked for the next 5.0+ and got Chile. The next 5.0+ was actually Kermadec Islands. Now I had never heard or read of Kermadec Islands, so maybe that messed it up. But the next did happen to be Chile. I do know it could be a lucky guess, (or not so lucky). But regardless of that this is something you may want to keep in mind. Also of note is the fact that after my asking the very next one was in Chile,but it was 4.8 and not 5.0+. So I don't know, just leaving you details, make of it what you will. Also as the above poster said do not ask for dates, just for the next one with magnitude if you wish.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have been meditating for several months now, and only a couple of times I tried to get an answer to a question. I realize that only when our hearts are in the right place do we get the answers we seek. If we have a self-serving agenda, then we probably won't get the answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaMente

Yeah i agee. Not much chance of predicting the lotto numbers in other words. Although i have tried.

I usually dont ask for anything. I just see what finds me. Its a strange feeling when you start to see images or events. Part of you wonders if your just imagining this stuff yourself. But some of the things ive seen have no relation at all to anything in my life or experiences ive had. So it makes you think.

I have deliberately tried to contact other life forms and other people who do this kind of thing here on Earth. The problem is. How to tell if you've made contact. Im thinking of coming up with a sign or symbol that could be sent that would indicate contact. Im mainly focusing on visions for now though so its still just theoretical at the moment.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well I said I'd dig up the thread, and here it is. Pretty scary. The information was correct even down to the month.

Japan

And Japan it was.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

in March. As I said, the information on the exact day was unclear, and I could see how 11 was close to "17" - the day the information hinted at, but again, it was unclear.

I have other situations that very strange things have occurred as a result of meditation.

Was this just total luck? Yep, to those that do not believe in the power of meditation, it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Nice one but a year ago when you did this, you didn't ask what year.

I mean, we know now and all but still...If you ever (I know you said you don't want to) do it again, be more specific to get a date, month and year.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Well Sir, I give you mega-kudos for your blending of science and spirituality. In the mind's eye, the number 11 could appear to be 17, especially as you only had a fleeting glimpse and weren't sure of the accuracy of whta you saw. Well done, and a fine example of how we can all connect to something greater than ourselves. March 11th, a mega quake and a cluster, possibly caused by zone tearing, off the east coast of Japan. A perfect prediction; made all the more believable by your description of the method and humble presentation.

I have added you as a friend, and will be watching your input from now on; also, will be seekign to mirror some of your meditative experimentation. You may or may not know, but I experience dreams and hypnagogic visions which can foretell future events. I've not tried to work with the phenomenon as such, seeing it as a gift which comes when it wills... I'm inspired to work a bit more closely with the processes and energies/ entities/ God involved.

Star and flag.
x 1,000

ETA -

RE: the year? The harmonics of the universal cycles (being almost a year ago to the day that this prediction was made) could have enabled a prediction that would be 'in tune' with the time at which you were asking. One year on, the event has occurred. To the person who said we need a date, month & year.. We had a date and month, and in the understanding that such cosmic knowledge comes from a place beyond time, we should be prepared to acknowledge delays according to fixed cycles (eg one year) if no year is specific. However, yes, if possible, we should try to get the year too. Hope this makes sense.

I believe this meditative prediction process can work if conducted in the right attitude/spirit (humility and concern for others) as demonstrated by True American.
edit on 11-3-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That's pretty scary and fascinating indeed. A very big coincidence or a real-life example of spiritual prediction. That must validate the accuracy of the information that you receive for yourself.
edit on 11-3-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the nice comments you guys. Certainly easier to stomach than some of the other comments I see flying around the threads about the massive quake. There is one guy who said something so insensitive in one of those threads, that I just had to bail. I'd kill him. Dead.
edit on Fri Mar 11th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I know who you mean. What a sicko...

Still, keep shining the light and things will get easier for people to stomach generally. Nothing will ever prevent us from feeling pain in the midst of such things, but people become stronger in times of trial, of that there is no doubt. All these earthquakes and stuff makes me think of the Rainbow Eagle video posted by ATS from the UFO conference recently... I'll add the link soon.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hey, thanks for the nice comments you guys. Certainly easier to stomach than some of the other comments I see flying around the threads about the massive quake. There is one guy who said something so insensitive in one of those threads, that I just had to bail. I'd kill him. Dead.

I know which one you mean, that was the most appalingly insensitive and tasteless thing ive seen in ages, and he thought it was funny. He seems to have gone away with his tail between his legs.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. Now that is two more accurate prediction threads on ATS regarding the Japan Earthquake... you even had the Month.

Here is the other one which is a precognitive dream: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
May I ask how you learned to meditate? Any books you would recommend?

I don't care about gaining predictive abilities, but I really would like to reconnect with my inner self.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

You must learn to turn away incoming thoughts, and learn to blank your mind- hold it there, each time a little more. And at first it won't be easy. To this day it is still very hard for me, and that's why I really don't like doing it- plus for some reason I get extremely tired- never figured out why.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yeah well, I'd say you nailed it brother.
This is why it is soooo very important to make a thread if you have a vision/prediction/dream.
IF it is proven true, you have proof that you called it and it massively lends credibility to the idea
of being able to tap into a world of information that we don't normally have access to.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just to add here, this is awesome. Really THIS is awesome.

Location, Mag and Month

sorry it came a bit late to check this thread out. but well worth it none the less

Indeed the signs are there in the world. If only to trust our instincts and go recognize them for what they are.

Hat's off to you OP

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well I said I'd dig up the thread, and here it is. Pretty scary. The information was correct even down to the month.

Japan

And Japan it was.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

in March. As I said, the information on the exact day was unclear, and I could see how 11 was close to "17" - the day the information hinted at, but again, it was unclear.

I have other situations that very strange things have occurred as a result of meditation.

Was this just total luck? Yep, to those that do not believe in the power of meditation, it is.

That is amazing. I wonder how many people are out there in the world with such abilities.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That is absolutely incredible. I don't typically believe psychics, but the fact that it was spot on definately has me thinking. I will be anticipating your next "vision". S+F.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join