It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domesticating humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"Domestication (from Latin domesticus) or taming is the process whereby a population of animals or plants, through a process of selection, becomes accustomed to human provision and control. "

What's the difference between this :

Miami Seaquarium Education or Exploitation

"At the Miami Seaprison, we teach children that it is okay to break animals of that silly habit of "being wild" by kidnapping them away from their families, forcing them kicking and screaming into a chlorinated concrete tank, and making them perform ridiculous circus tricks for food (we call it training). All in the name of exploitation and profit. Oh, and education…of course"

and what we do to humans , in this "civilization" ? This system, glued together, like a Frankenstein monster, in danger to disintegrate at the first power failure : New York City blackout of 1977 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The difference is : the machine has covered the world, and most people do not know anything else, or do not have the chance to experience anything else. If they knew, or had the chance, 90 % of people would leave this madness , never to return:
Prisoner Exchange

We are told that without education we would be savages, killing each other for food... We perform all kinds of tricks to get food. We don't care why we do it, or what's the result. It's not our problem. We don't think, we don't care, we don't need to think. We are trained not to think.

China : Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China | ChinaHush

Look here :
cryptogon.com Recession Drives Surge in Youth Runaways
“We keep running into this,” said one of the boys, Clinton Anchors, 18. Over the past year, he said, he and five other teenagers living together on the streets had taken under their wings no fewer than 20 children — some as young as 12 — and taught them how to avoid predators and the police, survive the cold and find food.

WTF is going on there ? Is education to blame ? Crazy children helping each other. Why ? Why are they not killing each other ? I mean they are not "educated", why are they what we call "good" ?
A tribe is the natural way people organize when free. Everywhere around us - incipient tribes, groups of friends. Quickly erased by the machine. Or reduced to something with no real substance. Still - at the edge of the machine, where the system is crumbling, wild things start to grow again. Gangs. See Rio de Janeiro. Yes they do not look pretty and still have some machine inside them. Their environment - also is different. But there are some free people, thinking for themselves, and organizing to survive...
The "machine" : The Machine in our Heads--Glenn Parton
----------

From "Columbus and other cannibals":

"The Pawnee : They were a well-disciplined people, maintaining public order under many trying circumstances. And yet they had none of the power mechanisms that we consider essential to a well-ordered life. No orders were ever issued...Time after time I tried to find a case of orders given and there were none. Gradually I began to realize that democracy is a very personal thing which like charity, begins at home. Basically it means not being coerced and having no need to coerce anyone else. The Pawnee learned this way of living in the earliest beginning of his life. In the detailed events of every day as a child, he began his development as a disciplined and free man or as a women who felt her dignity and her independence to be inviolate"

----------------

"The Creeks are just honest, liberal and hospitable to strangers; considerate, loving and affectionate to their wives and relations; fond of their children; industrious, frugal, temperate and persevering; charitable and forbearing. I have been weeks and months among them and in their towns, and never observed the least sign of contention or wrangling: never saw an instance of and Indian beating his wife, or even reproving her in anger. In this case they stand as examples of reproof to the most civilized nations . . . for indeed their wives merit their esteem and the most gentle treatment, they being industrious, frugal, loving and affectionate . . .Their internal police and family economy. . .incontrovertibly place those people in an illustrious point of view: their liberality, intimacy and friendly intercourse with one another, without any restraint of ceremonious formality; as if they were even insensible of the use of necessity of associating the passions of affections of avarice, ambition or covetousness. . . How are we to account for their excellent policy in civil government; it cannot derive its influence from coercive laws, for they have no such artificial system."

[edit on 17-3-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal."

"There is as much educational benefit in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be in studying human beings by only observing prisoners in solitary confinement."

Jacques Yves Cousteau

---

Replace dolphins with "humans" above. Do free humans do what we do ? Our crazy behavior ? With a few "free" days a year ? No - because they have direct access to food. They don't need to perform tricks. We have all the food in the world, but we are slaves. There is no "We".
Even the gangs that appear - they are not like the tribes in the past. No direct access to food. They depend on the system.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

To participate in our society's depredations is an indignity. A corporate executive recently confessed to me that his job consisted of lying to the customer; another that his job consisted of frightening customers into accepting digital security products that they really didn't need. An elite lawyer described his job as, "I take money from one rich son-of-a-bitch and give it to another rich son-of-a-bitch." Part of my job at Penn State is to pass judgment on students by issuing them a grade. To be sure, there are many people fortunate enough to have interesting jobs, creative jobs, perhaps even meaningful jobs, but even if you love your work, what do you have to put up with in order to do it? Indignity is hard to avoid when our whole economy revolves around the creation and fulfillment of phony needs.

All the "ideologies" that try to "make people happy", capitalism, communism, all the "isms", depend on people with no direct access to the basics of life. So they can be caught in the system, made to do stuff they don't care about - just to survive. All this because we think we need "ideology" to live and be happy. We can be happy, the same way a free dolphin is happy, he needs no "ideology". He has no tricks to perform.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
s + F Thank you for using your brain and listening to your heart. It's depressing.... I know that myself and my kin are way to "wild" for this control freak technocracy.

All those things we do to our pets and fellow inhabitants of our home will be done to us.

WE WILL END UP(ARE) MICROCHIPPED, CASTRATED, DE-CLAWED, LITTLE INSIDE KITTIES and PATHETIC, SHAKING, HAND HELD DOGS constantly pissing ourselves licking the boots of our masters for food.

But who cares the ipad is coming out. Maybe we can all put it over our eyes, covering the truth that we a spiritless drones, addicted to our various dopamine responses, and completely missing the point of existence.

Get in touch with your inner Raccoon, be undomesticatable, make up words. LIVE

new topics

join