It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Intruders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am not really sure what to title this post, but I simply wanted to share an experience I had. I hope you find it worth the time it took to read.

There was a time, years ago, when I lived with my aunt. She was deathly afraid of burglars or other nightly intruders invading her home, so she would never forget to lock every door and window in her home before going to bed every night. This never bothered me, and I certainly don't blame her for being on the safe side.

One more little detail before I go any further. Many years ago she had some locks installed on her door that could only be opened from the inside of the house. I think they were some kind of child safety lock, but I am not completely certain about that.

Back to the story... one particularly scary morning she woke me up, banging on my bedroom door, and yelling at me because I left both the front and back door open all night. I calmly walked out of room, assured her that I would never do such a thing, and then went to investigate. Sure enough both doors were wide open. Both of them were locked the night before, and there was absolutely no sign of forced entry. The locks that you can only open from inside were definitely locked that night, as they always are. The two of us searched the house for any missing valuables, and not a single thing was missing.

I have been trying to figure out what the heck happened ever since this odd event occurred. I don't live with my aunt anymore and I've called her often. Not once have the doors unlocked themselves ever again. If she was a sleepwalker I suspect I'd have known. If I was a sleepwalker I also suspect my girlfriend would have told me by now.

Anyone know what on earth could have happened? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by aletheia]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Maybe you just forgot to lock them lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That thought had crossed my mind, but I know my aunt would have double checked before she went to bed. I can't think of a single night she wouldn't be absolutely sure everything was locked. It was her nightly routine.

I usually never left the house after around 11PM. Nowhere to go. If I did I always made sure the doors were locked when I got back, due to the fact that my aunt would be pretty upset with me if I didn't.

No those doors were locked.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by aletheia]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
When I was a kid I sleepwalked I opened the back door and went outside to the garden, then I went back inside and went back to bed to sleep. I remember it happening.

When I woke up, I found that the door was still open lol.

Well that's one possibility for you. Who knows.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah I suppose so... I have no recollection of such a thing ever happening. I don't see why I'd need to use both doors either.

Is there such a thing as a one-time sleepwalking event? I was under the impression that sleepwalking was an ongoing thing... I admit I don't know much about the subject.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What were you Smoking, just before you went to bed?

Seriously though, I thought I had done something, like locking the Car Doors before I went to bed and sure enough, the next morning they were unlocked. There was no sign of Forced entry. Nobody had an extra set of keys and there were no Windows open.

I know exactly what happened and how those Doors were unlocked in the Morning. I remembered going out to the Car just before I went to bed to get my wallet and that;s when I realised I hadn't RE-Locked the Damn Doors..

So it seems no matter how adamant you are that you locked the Doors or closed the Windows, It was just a forgetfull mistake...

That's all..

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A person's memory can have gaps in it that a conscious person may have little or no knowledge anymore. Did you get intoxicated, did your aunt?
Maybe someone enter through a window and, for some unknown reason, opened both doors

I don't think that you are a liar, OP, but I do believe that this is probably a case of faulty recall. I mean, I check to make sure I turned the oven off and locked the front door several times, usually, before I go to bed.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well I guess the two of us could have both forgotten to lock the doors...

I know for sure I wasn't under the influence of anything because I do not drink and I've never once done any drugs... aside from over the counter stuff. I doubt a few Tylenol would cause any psychotropic affects.

So perhaps I will chalk it up to forgetfulness. I'd be interested in talking to whoever came into our home though. I mean if you're already breaking the law by trespassing... why not take a few unguarded items while you're at it?

...or maybe it's just me who'd think like that...

new topics

top topics

join