It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CNN Rips Obama Administration A New One!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is not meant to be a debate about Rep. against Dem. - although this is political madness, and a great example it is, there is no point in debating democracy here... not to mention democracy is dead. It has been for a long time. Nothing you vote for matters because everything really is set into motion way before you even cast your vote. But that is a whole other discussion so lets stay on topic, I admit I'm almost derailing my own thread here.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"The profit motive is the fundamental flaw in the U.S. health insurance system. That motive is diametrically opposed to the goal of providing quality health care to those who need it."

I certainly agree with the first part of the quote above, however, I submit that EVERYONE NEEDS health care and that EVERYONE has a right to quality health care.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by SusanForKucinich]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by SusanForKucinich]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm actually amazed this guy said 'crap.' I know it's not necessarily a bad word or anything, but you know, it's not exactly...I'm not sure how to word this...In a reporter's best interest? I do agree with him, though. I recall talking about this exact thing with my mom; it's kind of amazing how people will just sort of come up with excuses for things to try and make them right. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I don't remember being at the ballot box and voting to have my civil liberties taken away.

I, like so many of you, wanted an open White House. I wanted to be able to see what bills were being passed, and how they were being negotiated. But alas, I feel I have been dooped by an eloquent man in a sharp suit.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stellar Divinity

When it comes down to it, we've all just had our power as citizens taken away. And when I say power, I mean our rights. And what I mean is, we are being stripped away of everything. It's coming to the point now that we are unable to voice our opinions on the internet because the government doesn't like it.

Our votes never mean a thing, and even if they did, our representatives don't seem to give much thought about what we want anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join