It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CNN Rips Obama Administration A New One!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
CNN attacking Obama or liberals in general isn't new.

Last year CNN employee Lou Dobbs continuously brought up the Birther conspiracy on his program in an attempt to overturn the election results of 2008 that were legally determined by the people of the United States of America (and the Electoral College, of course). Dobbs was never fired over these statements but did resign months later. Fox News and other conservative outlets find it useful for their purposes to drive made-up wedges between Americans using anti-Obama conspiracy theories, and CNN joined right up with them. Its a xenophobic, racist, and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy and CNN had it broadcast during prime time for months against the current President of the USA.

And then of course prior to that CNN had Glenn Beck as an employee continually attacking liberals and going so far as to ask one muslim politician in the U.S. if he was working for the enemy in the War on Terror.

In 2010 on CNN, besides this latest anti-Obama tirade, CNN's Wolf Blizter joined Fox using the text chyron on his program that read "department of jihad?". Echoing one of the latest conspiracy theories by the right against the U.S. justice department and another stab at Obama.

CNN has also today employed the frothing mad redstate.com blowhard, Erick Erickson (who had many guest-spots on the channel before his full-time employment). Erickson continually issues forth the usual conservative conspiracy theories and has even called former Supreme Court Justice David Souter a ""goat f***ing child molester."

What a class-act CNN is. Really.

MSNBC is really no better. Especially just a scant few years ago when they were even more far-right than Fox when they employed only the most radical of wingnuts like Michael Weiner "Savage" and Ann Coulter. MSNBC even fired their anti-war personality Phil Donahue days before the 2003 Iraq invasion began. These days they still retain Joe Scarborough and the Hitler-sympathizer Pat Buchanan, but they have finally figured out they can't out-right Fox and win over viewers and advertisers.

If there is a liberal media, it doesn't exist in the USA.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by highlyoriginal

One year ago, this would've marked the end of his "service" on CNN, as happened to Beck. Today, he may be able to stick around a while.

Thats some revisionist history you're thinking of.

Glenn Beck was fired for taking a job at Fox News while he was still employed by CNN. Any employer that finds out you're working for the competition is going to fire you. He removed himself from CNN for accepting a contract by another employer while working under another contract.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Seems interesting that he says that stuff. I wonder if people will listen this time.

I hope the voters do remember this crap.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally898
Seems interesting that he says that stuff. I wonder if people will listen this time.

I hope the voters do remember this crap.

Voters? Votes? HAHA!

Since when did votes matter? Now that large corporations, as well as the lobbyists, can throw cash at anyone running for any candidacy votes are moot.

Not to mention, tptb always get what they want when it comes to who becomes president. Do you think, for even a moment, that if they didn't want Obama as president that he would be there?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'll say it again

He is a criminal. How does the American system support a blatant liar of a President? Lying, especially in something as large as the health care issue, should not be tolerated. It's a deliberate misleading of the American public to garner support without any repercussion.

100% criminal.

b

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I would agree he is a liar. I mean, most presidential candidates say they will do a lot of things, and only get some of them done. However, if you look at the promises Obama made, and how many he has not even attempted to follow through with you see just how many lies have been told... but lets not turn this into an Obama hate thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

CNN attacking Obama or liberals in general isn't new.

You're right, its not. But that statement, even though true, doesn't fit the "My team politics" agenda of stupid bull crap, so it doesn't get any attention.

Remember, conservatives have Fox News, and the entire world is against them. They are the victims...until another republican is in the oval office, then...? They're the deciders

Same goes for dems. Its pathetic.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
John Cafferty has been highly critical of Obama and most of all the politicians in Washington and he hasn't been shy about talking about it. The guy reads emails and messages from his blogs on television everyday. He gets the mood of the country more than many others.

He's also a big Ron Paul guy and basically begged him to run in 2012 a few weeks ago.

yup,.... john has ripped every president like this for decades, but i can see where this gets the conservatives foaming at the mouth. i don't think there would be so much glee, if he was ripping ronnie or the bushies.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
ooooo man that was great, jack went off on the democrats.. S and F that was great, i hope this thread gets more and mroe attention cause jack says it all right there. the dems are just like the republicans when bush was in office... republicans are NOT an alternative you ignorant mass of people!!!! neither are the tea parties.... this country is out of options and its time to make new ones... i love jack cafferty, even wolf blitzer tries to downplays what jack says sometimes its so radical. wolf is a tool piece of crap. lol

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This guy will not be getting a contract renewal any time soon...Here is the problem. CNN didn't rip Obama. One broadcaster did. The problem isn't seperate offices in this matter it's our operations as a government as a whole. Our news companies are just smoke and mirrors for our government. You will never see a news outlet take a stand against our government as a whole. News is big business, Big advertising revenue, the government controls that revenue stream through taxes and laws. CNN isn't one person who chooses to renegade himself against the government through his news channel. It's spread sheets and profit margins and market share. And when the profit margins are controlled in-directly by the government it's not going to set the truth out there. It will hire people who are contracted to present a version of the news. But never a company as a whole.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hopefully, folks will begin to see Obama for the blatant liar that he his. His lies and half truths about the financial status of a Cleveland cancer patient in his recent trip to Strongsville, Ohio speak volumes. He has been using this woman to stump for healthcare since Feb. The woman is in good hands at the Cleveland Clinic. Obama needs to butt out.

Clinic: Cancer Patient Who Wrote to Obama Will Not Lose Home, May Get Aid

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Yes you may be correct, but understand this: The people watching CNN look at whoever is reporting at the time they are watching as the correspondent for CNN. Meaning, that even though this 1 person may have some 'radical' views on society/government/Obama what have you, the people will still drink it in. Why? Because unfortunately the masses still turn to FOX, CNN, CNBC, ABC, and NBC to get their 'world news' which is a bunch of crap because it's all controlled by.... THE GOVERNMENT. But nonetheless, like I've said multiple times in this thread, even if there is some ulterior motive behind rants like the video in the OP, who cares? It still will awake SOME people, and that is all I personally care about. It's better than nothing, so we should all be thankful for that!

Maybe in the long run it may win some people over somehow someway, I have no idea, or maybe not. We just need to hope that people will wake up in time... and when I say in time, I mean before WWIII start and/or TSHF (which could be one in the same).

Regardless of what you think this video represents, please share with everyone you know that the MSM cannot be trusted. This is fact, no doubt about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why is everyone surprised? Fox is conservative, MSNBC is liberal and CNN is sometimes down the middle.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
yeah, yeah...what you see on the screen is OLDER WHITE MAN, disgruntled...that is EXACTLY how government portraits all opposition - racist, white, old and angry. So, CNN is cleverly doing it's job, as it always did.

Nothing to see here, move on (I can't believe I just said that).

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

You are 100% totally WRONG in your assertion that...

Lou Dobbs continuously brought up the Birther conspiracy on his program in an attempt to overturn the election results of 2008 that were legally determined by the people of the United States of America (and the Electoral College, of course).

While I will give you some props for recognizing the role of the electoral college, the word "AND" has no place in establishing a link between the two, and the resulting mechanism used to determine the POTUS.

Want to know why?

Let's look at the majority ruling of Bush v. Gore, which was written by the Chief Justice Rehnquist.

The individual citizen has no federal constitutional right to vote for electors for the President of the United States.

I know. It is rather shocking.
If you don't believe me then here is the link.

Anytime ANYONE brings up the lawsuits brought against Obama regarding his status as an immigrant, then the last resort/go to argument is this...

"We can't just overturn the will of the people!!!"

That would actually be a rather decent argument if it wasn't based on a complete and utter outright lie.

In fact, if one (you) were to actually read the many rulings by the many judges in these cases, then one (you) would notice that the reasoning that nearly ALL of these judges use in throwing out these cases is this...

"We can't just overturn the will of the people!!!"

I can accept a civilian making a mistake regarding the actual protocols involved in the federal election process, but I cannot, in any way excuse a JUDGE from NOT knowing federal election protocol.

What these judges are engaging in is fraud at best, and treason at worst.

But let me repeat myself.

The popular vote, OR will of the people as so many like to say, has not one single thing, and I mean NOTHING to do with the electing the POTUS.

The POTUS is ALWAYS appointed.

Please, try to inform oneself before making comments based upon deceit.

You are treading a thin line with statements like that, because purposeful deception is a violation of the T&C's here at ATS.
Hopefully, you simply made an honest mistake that I hopefully assisted in clearing up.

(Note to mods: please correct me if I am wrong concerning the last statement on lies and the T&C's)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You guys seem surprised that a President would lie. When has a president ever told the truth? At least we haven't seen anybody throw a friggin shoe at him, yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Very well said... I hope that message sinks in real good to all the dedicated CNN viewers that thought this administration could do no wrong. "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I actually am quite fond of Jack Cafferty. CNN only gives him a few minutes of airtime a day to make a point and ask a question. Then you the viewer post your answers on his blog. However, in the few minutes of airtime Jack does get, he is straight to the point and is not afraid to go against the scheduled non-opinion thinking the rest of CNN follows.

I think all media should be focusing their attention to certian subjects as Jack does. Instead of reporting just the official story or just a biased opinion. Do some critical thinking, investigate, and ask the hard questions. Don't just sway whatever way the wind blows, and don't spin it in favor of your party.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I love Jack Cafferty. He makes me really miss my cable. Every single thing this president and the democrats in Congress have done going back 20 years has been destructive to our economy, our social well being and our country. Please vote out the incumbents in November. We would be better off with a Congress that is frozen solid for a few sessions than to endure any more harm.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I think all media should be focusing their attention to certian subjects as Jack does. Instead of reporting just the official story or just a biased opinion. Do some critical thinking, investigate, and ask the hard questions. Don't just sway whatever way the wind blows, and don't spin it in favor of your party.

You are aware the mass media, which once again is basically FOX, CNN, CNBC, NBC, and ABC - is all regulated by the government, right?

As much as I'd like to see more people ask the important questions, and give realistic views on what is going on in the world (specifically the economy which we are frequently told is recovering... what a joke), it wont happen until (or if...) someone independently owns a station - which will actually never happen on our airways since the FCC regulates everything. You could act like you're going to go along with their crap, and maybe get away with 5 minutes of spouting the truth before the screen turns black and fuzzy, but that would be the extent of it. This is why alternative news websites, such as ATS and many others, are so great to have around. Basically the internet is the only thing left that we have, and they are trying to take that away from us too!

We must spread the word continuously over and over until people get the message - the MSM cannot be trusted, EVER!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join