It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future career?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
seeing as how high school students (as myself) now have to start looking for a career when they enter 9th grade...seeings that im at the end of my sophmore year and going to be a junior ive been looking for a future job and have decided on the CIA...so if anybody has any info for more i would greatly appreciate it thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First you need to not get in to any trouble at all, They generally only take on those with a squeaky clean record, Never dabble in Illegal drugs again this will not get you in,

Study hard in maths and science and also in computer classes and also try and learn a few languages as this will help you,

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hill 10
seeing as how high school students (as myself) now have to start looking for a career when they enter 9th grade...seeings that im at the end of my sophmore year and going to be a junior ive been looking for a future job and have decided on the CIA...so if anybody has any info for more i would greatly appreciate it thanks

1. Have they decided on you?,

2. Being a member of ATS may not be one of their core competency requirements.

Try HR instead, maybe PR? )

Good luck

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well,you need to learn to crawl before you can walk.

There is no reason to decide now.

There are many variables that can effect your career,or even if you have one.

Th first thing you need to do is walk away from this site-now.

Never log in never visit,forget about it and any other site.

One does not choose the Agency.

They choose you ,mostly from Ivy league schools and certain socio-economic families.

No slackers,no alternative lifestyles or sexual orientations,religious beliefs,etc.

No blather mouths either.

Study history.Become a expert in the history of a certain region of the world.

Major in it in college.

Learn the language of the region,visit there.

There is a large majority of employees at the Agency who have political science,history,art and even archaeology degrees.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

This was my former career of choice too...I was in a student trainee program, but the program got axed by Clinton, as Communism very rudely collapsed around soon after I got into the program (Coup in Russia, etc.).....

First, I'd recommend really learning about the agency, and what they do, and how they are organized. Note that there are overt and covert jobs within the agency...so you have to kind of know which world you want to be in.

Good grades are a must, as is picking up a language (I'd recommend Arabic)...if you can do so.

I'd also recommend getting the CIA Entrance Exam Guide. You can usually find it real cheap online...but it has some great info in it. It's old, but has good background info...

The CIA partners with certain colleges, so this is a good idea to learn which ones in your area (or desire). You may want to start up a correspondence with a professor at one of these colleges who teaches espionage-related courses. If they like you, they may (as one did for me) put you in touch with a recruiter, and you can map out from there.

By the way, I was going into an overt branch through the program...the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service) at the time... Just a working stiff these days, and not with the agency....

If you're heavy into Foreign service, then Case Officer is what you want to shoot for. Note, it's easier to go from a Military Intelligence career into this kind of work, but not impossible for civilians. A large part of your schooling here would go into your cover line of work (such as business, archeology, etc.). So, best to get with a recruiter and map this out early on.

Th first thing you need to do is walk away from this site-now.

Hate to say it, but it's good advice. Heavy online blogging/forum participation will come up in a background check by them. The security application was VERY long (about 20 pages or so as I recall), and this was before the internet was widely used, I can only imagine it now... Just be sure to be very truthful with them.

However, YOU can seek them, and you don't have to be an Ivy Leaguer to join...but you do have to have special qualities, (and be willing to re-locate to Langley and/or Washington DC)...

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Gazrok]

top topics

join