It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt past and present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have this belief that the people who live in and around Egypt at present cannot truly be called or classed Egyptian!
i think Arabian may be a better fit.to me the past history of the hieroglyphs and the pyramids do not belong to a current bloodline that exists by those who occupy that region.

This is what i believe that Dr Hawass probably knows deep down and is totally misinterpreting everything he finds and documents,i think the man needs bringing down a peg or two! The fact that only his close colleges can dig or explore and document new findings only strengthens my case that the egyptians were totally different people all together.

Yes the same can be said for a lot of civilisations but this stands out to me, there interpretation of the pyramids as tombs and nothing else is narrow minded, my theory is that these Arabs are so afraid that one day the truth will out and they will no longer be able to lay claim to be of from origin from the true Egyptian being.

where is all the knowledge that should of been passed down from generation to generation gone? why cant they tell us how they lit the pyramids,

And the people who now claim to be egyptian dont look anything like they did in the past from what evidence we have seen.

Genetics may hold the answer but how far do you go back to find the true builders of the great city?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
HMm 2 flags (more please i want a blue f ;-) ) and a star yet no response? no doubt this has been mentioned time and time again, yet i did a search all be it modest one at most.

not many threads calling out on a population that thinks it's responsible for all the wonders of Egypt yet to me there not, there just Arabs who happen to be there now.

i think there so afraid of the truth (which could be even more complex than even we can imagine) that they wont allow further outside parties in to discover and give there point of view to the world.

one reason is pride, another is money through tourism! i bet that makes an awful lot for these Arabs.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
I have this belief that the people who live in and around Egypt at present cannot truly be called or classed Egyptian!
i think Arabian may be a better fit.

But Egypt isn't that close to Arabia. Egypt is in Africa.

to me the past history of the hieroglyphs and the pyramids do not belong to a current bloodline that exists by those who occupy that region.

Why not? Egypt and the Middle East have the oldest written histories in the area -- the Arabians did not have writing until far later and they never built any big monuments. Greeks and Romans saw them writing in hieroglyphs and demotic script. Greece ruled Egypt for well over 300 years.

This is what i believe that Dr Hawass probably knows deep down and is totally misinterpreting everything he finds and documents,

Egyptology didn't begin with Hawass. It's been around since the 1700's. The contributions of Hawass are only a very very very tiny fraction of all the things written about Egypt by Egyptologists.

i think the man needs bringing down a peg or two! The fact that only his close colleges can dig or explore and document new findings only strengthens my case that the egyptians were totally different people all together.

Yes the same can be said for a lot of civilisations but this stands out to me, there interpretation of the pyramids as tombs and nothing else is narrow minded,

In spite of the fact that they've found mummies inside coffins in many pyramids? And that tombs of the nobles in their cemeteries are in the shape of small pyramids? And that the pyramids are found in the middle of cemeteries?

where is all the knowledge that should of been passed down from generation to generation gone?

Into lots and lots of books, many of them written in the language of the people.

why cant they tell us how they lit the pyramids,

Well, our information comes from their records AND from Herodotus (who lived in 400 BC) and other people who lived in and wrote about Egypt.

And the people who now claim to be egyptian dont look anything like they did in the past from what evidence we have seen.

Actually, they do. Just look at the facial features of the skeletons.

Genetics may hold the answer but how far do you go back to find the true builders of the great city?

Which great city? There's many of them. I think the most interesting one is probably Armana... there's a number of unanswered questions there. If you mean Cairo (across from Giza), it's been continually inhabited for 4,000 years so there's layers and layers of evidence and history in the land and in the cemeteries.

And they're doing DNA studies of the Pharaohs to fill in blanks about how they're related.

I think you may have been getting some information from websites written by people who don't know much about Egypt or its history. I recommend starting out at Wikipedia and reading about the history first, and then exploring he many links.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The people that live in Egypt today for the most part are the same people that lived in Egypt throughout antiquity. The people ruling Egypt, however, have not always been truly Egyptian. Before Anwar Sadat in the 20th century, an Egyptian never ruled Egypt for over 2000 years!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

ahh Byrd, of all the people to answer me thread YOU have to come in and put me rite! i should of seen that one coming!

i can hardly argue my case amongst such an educated man,oh well, i thought i had something there! for a while.

but i do stand by some of my comments.
OK maybe egyptology is not one of my strong points and yes your also rite i may of read stuff on the net that is also incorrect.

Yes i should study a more reliable source but i still don't like the way the current Hawass carry on is going! mind you he is up for replacement soon so lets hope we can get more access to knew sites.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Those people are still there, they're called fellahin and have always been too poor to move anywhere. And ancient Egyptian paintings DO resemble many modern Egyptians, not sure about the pics you've seen. Have you been out there? It's actually pretty plain to see.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by Byrd

ahh Byrd, of all the people to answer me thread YOU have to come in and put me rite! i should of seen that one coming!

i can hardly argue my case amongst such an educated man

FYI, Byrd's a woman.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Byrd a women? oops! sorry Byrd, even more respect, so who is he/she on the avatar? i thought with this person having all the credentials it was there picture. (maybe it is?)

top topics

join