It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Railway MISTAKENLY Announces Train Explosion, 102 Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What a mess up huh, or was it?

PARIS — France's railway operator says an "internal error" caused it to post a false statement on its Web site saying a train explosion had killed 102 people. The announcement on SNCF's home page described an "explosion of unknown origin" on train number 1234 near the town of Macon on a Paris-Dijon line. It cited early estimates "of 102 killed and 380 injured."

Journalists flooded the SNCF with phone calls after the statement Tuesday. The statement was later taken off the site.

An SNCF spokeswoman said the announcement was false and part of an exercise. She said it stemmed from an "internal error" – not a hacker attack. She spoke only on condition of anonymity because of company policy

Link to huff

So how did they come up with those numbers? this is odd

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is about the third false report of a major incident that didn't happen within the last few days. Who writes stories that didn't happen, for them to be accidentally broadcast? Sound like a conspiracy to me, or were these really planned events and insiders are leaking them in advance to stop the events from occurring?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This doesn't even make sense.

How do you "mistakenly" report a catastrophic disaster and 102 people slain? Oops? I'm sick of the, "It was an exercise, move on.." crap. There is something more to this.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I can't believe this, third time in few days? could this be a lead to the "false flag"? Besides how does an "internal error" cause one to write a false report on an official website? and if it was an internal error how come its an exercise?

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This reminds me very much of building 7 and the BBC's reporting that it had collapsed twenty or so minutes before it actually did. Perhaps these events were schedules tp occur, and then for some reason, they were called off. The whole thing stinks of a false flag operation to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
yeah ive seen 3 or 4 strange "exercises"going on this one ,the nuclear accident down in dorset in the uk the strange holocaust enactment in the scottish school and the georgian attack ,,very weird

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can someone show me the other recent false stories?

Stories don't just write themselves.

Makes you wonder about initial casualty reports in general. They are nearly always inaccurate and revised later. Maybe the news outlets just make stuff up in the spirit of having something to say. Could reporters/editors be that pathetic? Probably, going on this story.

There was an exercise going on? Right, this may be the answer. Could be a botched false flag but could just be innocent crossed wires.

Going on recent(and not so recent) history the false flag attempt is the most likely culprit but an innocent explanation is not out of the question.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
She said it stemmed from an "internal error" – not a hacker attack. She spoke only on condition of anonymity because of company policy

I agree, it is odd. But this statement is odd too. Right out of the blue the spokeswoman says it was not a hacker attack? No other mention of why she would have said that? What would be the result of a hacker attack on a computerized rail system? Pretty bad, I'd say. What if it was a hacker? I'd think that if it was and they caught it early, they certainly wouldn't that publicity.

[edit on 16/3/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Stories don't just write themselves.
[edit on 16-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

I think that is the biggest issue that I have with this. It's one thing for there to be a false report that a train had crashed and the possible causalities could be as many as 102. But to have a full blown story and everything? I would think someone would have at least done a spot check or something before they went and wrote a story of this magnitude.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Maybe someone found out about a false flag, and made it public, therefore it isn't going to actually happen after all.

Whistleblower saves the day?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

I agree.

I should have read the thread before I posted a similar response.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

She said it stemmed from an "internal error" – not a hacker attack. She spoke only on condition of anonymity because of company policy

What would be the result of a hacker attack on a computerized rail system? Pretty bad, I'd say. What if it was a hacker? I'd think that if it was and they caught it early, they certainly wouldn't that publicity.

[edit on 16/3/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

I'm pretty sure she meant a hacker didn't broadcast the false message.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have a maybe...

Maybe these false warnings are like fine tuning. Maybe some kind of cohesive terror "event" is going to pop off and country's are getting ready for their part. Perhaps its a fake story used to draw out a terrorist in some way or to cause a reaction from a spy/secret agent or terrorist.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sorry, had to laugh, (literally), about this one. I can here it all now:

Bob: Hey Jim, we're all set on that False Flag at the train station right?

Jim: Oh yeah...I already gave Todd the specifics on what to put on the website. In fact, he should probably have it up by now. (Looking at his watch)

Bob: *spews coffee* WHAT!? We talked about this!! We're going to wait until we get the word from 'Them'! I haven't gotten the word yet!!

Jim: But you said to give Todd the details and get it set up (acting confused)

Bob: YOU IDIOT! I called you last night and told you to hold off until I got the call! REMEMBER!!??

Jim: OH FUDGEBUTTER! I totally forgot!! Sharon was yelling at me about taking the trash out then we got into it over her cell bill and I totally forgot to call Todd!!! What the hell do we do now!?!?

Bob: Call Todd and tell him to get if off the dang site NOW! If anyone asks tell them we were running a training exercise and it was posted accidentally to the public page rather than the test page that was internal only! I'll call 'Them' and tell them we'll have to reschedule. Jeezus Jim you really stuffed the pooch on this one!

Bob: *dials cell - Deep voice answers* Uh sir? We have a situation. (explains) Yes sir, I know but......Yes sir......But Jim's a family man.....I understand sir.....Yes sir......but......Yes sir......No sir, I don't want that.... It'll be taken care of sir. (hangs up)

Bob: Hey Jim? By chance did you take the optional life insurance the company sent the email about last week?

LMAO....freakin awesome. Someone watch the local papers for that area, my bet is within 30 days there will be someone killed in an 'accident'.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Couple of days back, a "mainstream" Georgian T.V news channel reported that Russia has invaded Georgia, the president has been assassinated and the opposition leaders have taken sides with the Russians.This news story caused widespread panic amongst the Georgians. What motivated this news channel to make such bizarre stories is unknown. But now with this latest goof up by the French railways, things indeed look a bit strange.

What if this is a dry run of sorts? What if the elite are playing "the boy who cried wolf" in a creepy way?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What a mess up huh, or was it?

PARIS — France's railway operator says an "internal error" caused it to post a false statement on its Web site saying a train explosion had killed 102 people. The announcement on SNCF's home page described an "explosion of unknown origin" on train number 1234 near the town of Macon on a Paris-Dijon line. It cited early estimates "of 102 killed and 380 injured."

Journalists flooded the SNCF with phone calls after the statement Tuesday. The statement was later taken off the site.

An SNCF spokeswoman said the announcement was false and part of an exercise. She said it stemmed from an "internal error" – not a hacker attack. She spoke only on condition of anonymity because of company policy

Link to huff

So how did they come up with those numbers? this is odd

What kind of "internal error" allowed these reporters to keep this story on their website until terrified journalists made phone calls to the website? Even if the story was somehow "accidentally" uploaded to the website, the reporters could have at least checked the ground reports (twitter or local sources) and in case of a contradiction, they could have removed the story from their web site at least temporarily.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
my clock for the perilous times is moving closer to midnite

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Very weird indeed and Interesting replies.

I am thinking that insiders leaked information to prevent things from happening, I see it more and more.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Don't you know they write these plans down on recipe cards sequentially numbered.

No kidding some sick twisted freaks out there running our world.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The announcement was false and part of an exercise ?????
Just like the 9/11 exercises?
Or those on 7/7 in London?

The next exercise wont be an exercise...it wil be real, and they´ll have the emergency services real close...on exercise of course.
What type of an exercise puts an ANNOUNCMENT on the web with death tolls??

I think someone got their dates mixed up. Now the real false flag operation will have to happen REAL quick to be a another "tragic coincidence".

We have to find out who was running the exercise..Wasnt Peter Power VISOR CONSULTANTS by any chance was it..

[edit on 17-3-2010 by andy1972]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join