It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction - Goobgirl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

I have been checked for bipolar and schizophrenia, and once the mold was discovered in the house, and based on the blood tests taken at the time, it was determined that the mold interacted with the thyroid in my system to cause a cascade of thyroid to flood my bloodstream. I am not bipolar or schizophrenic. This was a one time occurrence, haven't had hallucinations since then, haven't thought I was God, etc. I even have a degree in psychology...and am versed in psychological disorders. If you read my posts, my doctor and an expert agreed that I was suffering from thyrotoxicosis, too much thyroid in my bloodstream.

And, this was 4.5 years ago. I would think that if I were bipolar or schizophrenic I would have had symptoms since then. None, zippo.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goobgirl

Well hello goobgirl and welcome to above top secret, and thank you for your post. It seems like whatever happened to you, changed your preception on life as a whole and, given the chance to have this never happen to you that, you wouldn't change anything becuase of the new perspective you have on life. I think things happen for a reason and whatever happened was suppose to.

I am 33, and will be 34 next month. I have had a very interesting life to say the least. I have had many struggles in my life, and even though many were, and are very hard, they have all seemed to fit together nice and neat, like a house warming package to help me this year, and the years to come. I thank you for your post and think that your changed perception was meant to be. Not just for you, but for others around you, to help you this year, and the years to come.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by goobgirl

Then you are like me! Aside from the thyroid, i am completely sain i hope but i believe there are a whole lot of things going on in the world and we need to wake up.
When i started reading up on string theory, quantam phisics and metaphysics it blew my mind!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Having seen some other symptoms from people with thyroid issues, I have become more convinced that a wacky thyroid can really give you some strange experiences....and it made me wonder since thyroid issues usually affect women more whether this might be a key to psychic experiences....

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do you take mental health medicine, and do you feel better since you started it?

Also, GOOB is a backwards BOOG, which is what my brother and I used to call each other when we were kids (you know...short for BOOGER).

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I agree with you 100 percent. There's nothing that opens the mind up, and enables one to see things differently, like a good ole session of hallucinating. The only thing is, usually the subject induces the trip, whereas in your case you had no idea. That must have been scary as hell.

Once you have one profound mental change you never see things the same way ever again. The trick is to know where to draw the line. There is indeed a fine line between being enlightened and psychotic.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That must have been difficult for you to get through, welcome to ATS

[edit on 22-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I would've been fascinated to read logs of this experience, had you kept a diary.

Do your family and friends treat you any differently now, because of this, more cautious, or are things relatively back to normal?

[edit on 12/4/10 by Ashtree]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The closest I got to a diary was the section I wrote about regarding Robin Williams and telling people to look into my mouth. (I also have an audio recording which I keep and find interesting, if not humorous based on my statements that I am making at the time). My best friend thinks that because I have a mind that wants to figure things out probably helped pull me out of this situation. I kept questioning things and trying to meld together all the experiences....eventually the mold in my body dissipated and the effects upon me lessened so that I was able to think more clearly and then test my hypotheses as to what was "real" and what had happened.

I have never had any psychological issues in the past, no schizophrenia, bipolar, nothing. After this happened, I had paranoia, was thinking about things that made NO SENSE whatsoever.... Crap, I thought people were watching me through tv.....and I remember stepping outside and seeing something run quickly over my feet as if a lizard had run quickly over them, except I am in a geographic region that does not have lizards.

I did lose a couple of friends over this...which leads me to believe they weren't really friends. They were people that were trying to help me get out of the hospital (one is an attorney) and the day the attorney's spouse came to the hospital to meet with my husband, I happened to have a really bad episode in front of her (I recall almost all the details...it involved me trying to get to the elevator again).

I also lost touch with a half brother and his family whom I had recently met for the first time. He and my father (whom I had just reconnected with) jetted out of my personal life after this. Five years later and they still won't answer my phone calls or letters.

The other "fall out" was that the hospital put into my sister and mother's mind that my husband was "poisoning" me by giving me the medication my doctor ordered to bring my thyroid down. Proprananol is commonly used for lowering thyroid levels and this is what my husband was giving and what was bringing me back to reality. The meds the doctors at the hospital gave me worsened the condition, and I was told later by other physicians that basically the hospital almost killed me (I declined suing the hospital after meeting with an attorney who said that it would be a difficult case and that the hospital would argue that they were only giving me a "vacation" so to speak by holding me so long...and that my "symptoms" warranted it).

The fall out from my sister was that she still doesn't trust my husband (who literally has nothing to gain by killing me such as money or "freedom") and she has actively acted aggressively towards him even in light of scientific proof of what happened. I told her last summer that if she truly thought he had tried to kill me, then I blamed her for not reporting him to the police! I mean, either you do or don't believe something, and if you have rational support for something, then you should act upon it when it's in someone's best interest. Holding on to this illogical conclusion without truly doing anything about it is worse....it just goes to show that she either doesn't really believe it and it just using it as 'reason,' or she doesn't care about me enough to really stop a "killer!"

My mother finally came around a bit when I explained to her again what happened in detail. I believe my mother was in denial for a long time since the mold was in a house I was renting from her husband (not my father) and that she just couldn't process that she, through him, nearly killed me.

Sometimes the whole episode makes me cry when I think back on it..as there a bit more that I haven't revealed for privacy's sake...and it was completely scary in some bits. However, it opened my eyes to a whole different reality and I experienced something that made me ask questions. I don't know if I have the answers, but I'm glad that I'm looking at things from a different perspective now...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by goobgirl]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join