It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: Osama bin Laden will never face US trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress on Tuesday that Osama bin Laden will never face trial in the United States because he will not be captured alive. In testy exchanges with House Republicans, the attorney general compared terrorists to mass murderer Charles Manson and predicted that events would ensure "we will be reading Miranda rights to the corpse of Osama bin Laden" not to the al-Qaida leader as a captive. Holder sternly rejected criticism from GOP members of a House Appropriations subcommittee, who contend it is too dangerous to put terror suspects on trial in federal civilian courts as Holder has proposed. The attorney general said it infuriates him to hear conservative critics complain that terrorists would get too many rights in the court system. Terrorists in court "have the same rights that Charles Manson would have, any other kind of mass murderer," the attorney general said. "It doesn't mean that they're going to be coddled, it doesn't mean that they're going to be treated with kid gloves."

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looks like they already know Osama Bin Ladan is wanting to die for the cause of his "Jihad". I wonder if this would be the year of us killing Osama is a viscous battle like Saddam Husein's two sons.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"we will be reading Miranda rights to the corpse of Osama bin Laden"

Tim Osman has been dead for some time now, and considering the fact that his grave is most likely unmarked, they won't be reading Miranda to anyone.

US = FAIL.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Of course he won't be captured alive - the guy has acute kidney disease and is treated twice a week, in a cave, not far from Tora-Bora.

Both we Brits and the US Spec ops people know exactly where he is and who is with him.

More importantly, they need him alive and kicking, to gain humint about just who it is that visits him on his soon to be deathbed!

Think it through mate. What good would it serve the US even if they could get him to the US?

All that expense for what? A couple of months in solitary? Not worth it mate!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have a friend whose son works as a "spotter" of sorts for the us intelligence/special forces. He works for a private contractor based out of Georgia.

Anyway, background aside, he recently told his mom that they aren't even seriously looking for Bin Laden anymore. The general consensus amongst the people he is working with is that killing or capturing Bin Laden would be a "pointless excercise that would only make a bad situation worse".

It's not all that surprising to me, but I personally think he is probably dead anyway. It helps everyone involved to believe that Santa.. er Bin Laden is still alive, but that illusion is all that is needed.. not the actuality.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I suspect he's already dead

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i dont think we will ever bring him because i belive that we know where he is BUT if the US brings him they will no longer have any legitimate reason to stay in the middle east

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Are you serious you guys know where he is located? That's insane, if news broke out we knew where he is located, America would be torn a new anus by the media.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel Are you serious you guys know where he is located? That's insane, if news broke out we knew where he is located, America would be torn a new anus by the media.

How can this news be broken? Do Spec Ops personnel now allow baggage, sorry, journalists, to accompany them on operations?

I think not. Just because there are embedded journos who go out on convoys or local patrols, the very nature of Spec Ops is that they remain 'special' or black.

Apart from anything else, journos can't even tell it like it is and for the most part, they think and act like Hollywood hacks!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
He will never see trial because he is DEAD, has been DEAD since Dec 01, buried in an unmarked grave in Tora bora, and died of Kidney Probs. The US Military knows this, the Middle East knows this and especially Israel knows this, everyone in between is being mislead by propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join