It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Storm Warning in Effect, Chile Blackout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Come on, man!!

This is Phage's playing field and i do take his word when it concerns space stuff.....

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

KP index definitely showing some activity...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6628c4861bfd7b58.gif[/atsimg]

Kp-indices of 5 or greater indicate storm-level geomagnetic activity.

Not quite there yet....

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just a quick plug for my thread as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would seem that the blackout is not related to the CME at all. It was reported yesterday on the noaa website it was a slow moving partial halo CME arriving late on day three.
When you have as much seismic activity as the Chile region has has lately you can expect to have issues with the infrastructure.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Good one!
Now I just wish Govts. and their patsies would get there heads out of their a$%ses and realize that its the sun that is causing climate change; and what we do here doesn't mean squat!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So much data, so little accuracy. The topic of a CME effecting communications has a new article for your perusal, "Geomagnetic Storm Warning, The Luck of The Irish."

ahrcanum.wordpress.com...

Regards and Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Come on, man!!

This is Phage's playing field and i do take his word when it concerns space stuff.....

Peace

Created a little gift for you..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5855dffbe8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Just my little joke! I have a LOT of time for Phage the Sage and respect his comments greatly but I like to hear what others have to say too

Peace

bb

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

At least you have to give it to him that he never posts off-topic....

Now what was it that you had to say about the current geomagnetic storm, because i failed to find it in your post.

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is there any chance i could see this in port huron michigan? And what would happen if we did have this type of storm? May someone please explain this to me in a message?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
Where is Phage on this one.... I am sure he will have a good answer for this.. Come to us PHAGE!!!! We need good answers...

WHY do you need Phage? He isnt all knowing on everything you do know that? Why not do a little research yourself?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA

Come on, man!!

Peace

Created a little gift for you..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5855dffbe8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Just my little joke! I have a LOT of time for Phage the Sage and respect his comments greatly but I like to hear what others have to say too

Peace

bb

Cute, and although I am sure he loves all of the attention, he is a logic slave.

Many of us have finally moved on from that constricting box, but many here on ATS are stuck there ....

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Still nothing on RSOE EDIS. The Blackout was completely unrelated. It was a transformer failure on an already fragile, earthquake damaged grid.

I don't think this one is anything to worry about.

I did notice on RSOE EDIS that a 140 - 340 meter near Earth Object is approaching within 22 LD on March 20th though! All the other objects were 10x smaller and 5x further away, so this one seems pretty scary, although still plenty far away.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Maybe because I like his answers and why do I have to research it when clearly he does it and posts the links every time... So quit trolling on me...Gawd

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
earth just went trough a cloud that was spitt out 3 day's ago from the sun... no direct hit....:-)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I’m sorry fellows, but by mentioning Chile in this post, I sure didn’t mean I wanted to connect their blackout with the sun’s activity or non-activity – as it turns out. I only found the article about Chile through the website I initially researched and thought it interesting – and coincidental, as I believe Ahrcanum did.

I strongly believe the sun is the reason behind our weather anomalies, some earthquakes, maybe even volcanic activity, not to mention childish fun. Whether or not the sun takes an active role in the next few days or the next few years, there’s still nothing we can do about it.

But, having friends online with whom we can discuss, humor, agree and disagree is what this site is all about.

I’m not the smartest – in fact, really, really far from it, and I don’t have the wit as most do, but I sure do enjoy those who do.

Thanks for the stars and flags!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All is calm. Here is the link for the Magnetometer Array Chain-137.229.36.30...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"Explore the magnetic and electromagnetic fields all around you with EMF Detector!" from itunes. "Your new iPhone 3GS can detect how strong the magnetic fields are with respect to the x, y, and z axes. Now you have access to this information in a interesting and responsive way."

The reviews aren't that great but for 99 cents...
itunes.apple.com...#

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ahrcanum]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by badBERTHA

At least you have to give it to him that he never posts off-topic....

Now what was it that you had to say about the current geomagnetic storm, because i failed to find it in your post.

Peace

erm ... hang-on ... yes ... no ... no sorry I don't think you added anything in this post that added to the thread topic
and I've already commented on the 'Phage-worshippers' on a couple other threads so I won't repeat myself again ... I'll just accept it for the enigma it has become (Go Phage) ! Oh sh!t it's catching

Anyways, I'd just like to ask that if anyone get's to see good lights and you manage to photograph/film them will you please upload so that we can all appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join