It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does your EM field go when you die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Where does your EM field go when you die?? Does it just disappear; since energy can’t be destroyed I am just wondering, does it turn into another form of energy? Any studies done on were this field go?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Where does your EM field go when you die?? Does it just disappear; since energy can’t be destroyed I am just wondering, does it turn into another form of energy? Any studies done on were this field go?

No studies I am aware of, and not even sure if its possible to study that. There should be no scientific answer to this thread either way...so I guess its fully up to what your predetermined belief system is.

Athiest: It is absorbed into the rest of the backround energy
Religion: Heaven/Hell
Agnostic: I donno.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There has to be some kind of studies, isn’t there any way we can measure EM fields after death?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't know of any studies either but it would break down of course as soon as your heart stops beating. Your heart beats are literally a magnetic pulse that extends beyond your body.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The EM Field is emitted by your body "in connection of your soul". If you die, your dead body does still have an EM Field for some Hours, but your soul isn't based on electricity so...

[edit on 16-3-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Your energy moves into an "ORB" form...I have thousands of photos of energies moving around our planet in a different light spectrum. There are several studies being done..the orb project is just one...do some research the answers are there for those who seek..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What do you mean by break down? How does an EM field break down? I am not a scientist or anything so I don’t really understand what you mean. Care to explain?

Also Jeffrey Gray states in his book Consciousness: Creeping up on the Hard Problem, that tests looking for the influence of electromagnetic fields on brain function have been universally negative in their result. I do not know if he is talking about EM fields causing consciousness, or memory/conscinousness being retained in our EM field. If someone can clear this up it would be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is a question worthy of scientific explanation, and Im sure there is one. If anyone actually knows and can link some relative Scientific information Id appreciate it.
Its a strange question, but one ive never thought of and now my curiosity is aroused.
Science is preferred before philosophy or religious beleif or sheer guess.
I wonder if in some cases, some kind of electromagnetic resonance/residue after death might account for 'ghost' experiences?
Im hoping science will rule this out.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sada_emedu13

Mind posting maybe one link?? That would be greatly helpful

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Yeah the quantum brain theory of Stuart Hameroff argues there's a quantum entangled state of biophotons which is your spirit and this will linger for a while with self-awareness and then it dissipates back into the vacuum and gets reorganized into physical matter again...

I've seen dead spirits btw -- when I was doing intensive qigong training -- Chunyi Lin sees them all the time and heals them so they pass into the emptiness to erase their lower emotional pain in the past death state.

As for the EM field -- that's built up by meditation. As Gurdjieff stated -- modern humans do not have an astral body, contrary to new age belief -- only through the shamanic alchemical training do you CREATE an astral body which is the electromagnetic chi or prana, empowering spirit travel.

So the biophotons are your holographic soul -- holographic meaning spacetime is an interwoven whole aka the "rainbow vortex of reality" so that our external perceptions are a reflection of our internal biophoton energy.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If it is a product of normal biological function then it should fade and die out upon death or shortly after death.

I always get a kick out of the "energy cannot be created or destroyed" afterlife theories. It may not be created or destroyed but it certainly changes form. There is little to no chance that any form it may take after death will have any semblance of a consciousness or be aware of itself or anything around it at all.

The new form is worm food and fertilizer.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am not talking about anything to do with the after life. I am wondering what does this EM energy transform into? EM energy cannot die, but what does it transform into?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Actually is your astral (energy) body that makes your physical body alive. Without astral body your physical will start disintegrating very soon. That is why food is necessary because in order to keep the connection with the physical body and to make it function energy must be extracted from the sources of the same vibratory frequency. Nevertheless the energy from the astral (spirit) realm is far more important just to keep your astral body in this vibratory frequency, you get that when you sleep. Water is needed to keep the constant energy flow throughout the body in order to keep it functioning as intened.

Your astral (energy) body is the seat of your awareness (consciousness).

It is impossible to understand that with your left brain, because left brain way of thinking is only meant for physical.

Scientists crack their left brained heads in order to understand something that they cannot. They invent some tools, come up with some funky names, think of some strange theories. So funny

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Where are the scientific studies to show that EM energy turns into worm food? If you can post it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Yeah the biophoton laser energy is quantum so the energy level is measured by frequency for strength whereas electromagnetic is usually measured classical which means the energy level is measured by amplitude as "more is better" -- heavier. Actually there's something called "quantum chaos" which means a nonlinear quantum resonance into the classical realm -- and that's the reverse for what happens to the electromagnetic energy.

So the electromagnetic energy becomes more intense as it goes into a higher frequency -- turning quantum -- there's an interesting essay on this --

www.i-sis.org.uk...

Quantum Jazz: The Tao of Biology by Dr. Mae-Wan Ho

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
The EM Field is emitted by your body "in connection of your soul". If you die, your dead body does still have an EM Field for some Hours, but your soul isn't based on electricity so...

I agree there are more subtle energies associated with your body but I don't believe there is no correlation between our EM fields and the more subtle energy fields. The EM field itself is simply a more subtle part of our body than our physical flesh and bones.

Already scientists at Stanford are looking to discover (be able to build instruments that can quantify) the energies that precede electrical "decisions" in the brain, which arise at least partially from "random" quantum effects that bias individual neuron firings.

What do you mean by break down? How does an EM field break down? I am not a scientist or anything so I don’t really understand what you mean. Care to explain?

Well this is actually a hard question to answer because the language itself is very deceiving in how simple it is so I can only offer a long explanation for the technical stuff...

But basically the answer is the same way/reason why the EM field breaks down when you turn a TV or other electrical appliance off. All these appliances have EM fields around them when they're running, even your computer right now, that extends beyond its physical location and can even interact with your own body's EM field. But when an open circuit is introduced somewhere along the line or a power source fails, the field attenuates, the same way hot water gets cold in a cold environment or cold water gets warm in a hot environment, the environment is always seeking equilibrium so differences (either in temperature or electrical charge) are eventually evened out through natural processes. The mechanics of those processes aren't really known down to the smallest levels for the same reason we still don't fully understand quantum mechanics. We just don't understand that stuff scientifically yet.

Now the more technical reality of your EM body...

The EM field of your body is a complex group of fields that are in some ways independent of one another and in other ways all inter-related with each other. For example your brain has its own EM signals than your heart most of the time, your nerves and spinal column all have different kinds of electrical activity associated with them, and then if you want to get really technical each cell has its own charges within itself, and even every atom has an electrical field. Every time there is an electrical current there is a magnetic field.

I am a firm mystic, and simultaneously a firm scientist, and I believe science here is pointing to a very revealing and awe-inspiring vision for your mystical side to consider, the way reality (ie just EM energy in your body) is working on so many levels simultaneously that all influence each other but are also all different from one another.

The EM activity of your brain is mostly guided by your conscious thoughts and actions but different general frequencies are associated with different states of mind (awake, concentrating, tired, etc.). It fires whenever thoughts occur, and for automatic body communications that are subconscious and you personally miss out on.

The heart generates strong magnetic pulses, FAR stronger than your brain's EM field but not nearly as high-frequency, ie not as much "data" in the signal as from your brain, but just sharp pulses that are very powerful. When you approach people it's been proven that your hearts' EM fields interfere with one another. You notice that when you get within a foot or two of someone, you can get a much better idea of what they're feeling, probably also because you can see miniature muscle movements more easily and hear breathing more easily as well, which are also clues.

Also your cells have EM fields that appear "static," like a constant negative charge inside the cells and a constant positive charge in the surrounding environment inside the body. This is to attract particles to the cell, whether it's food or whatever the case may be, it's turned into an "ion" that is polarized against the cell and drawn to it. A lot of cell biology works off of charges like this, or even smaller electrical activity between protein bonding on a molecular/atom level inside the different parts of individual cells.

All of these fields surround each other and influence each other because they occupy the same physical space.

When you clear your mind in meditation, and just stay attentive but blank-minded, not "self-talk" thoughts and things, your mind naturally synchronizes with your heart beat because the same space inside your head is noticeably energized by your heartbeat pulse compared to the relative quiet from your lack of active thinking. Remember the heartbeat pulse itself is a lot stronger than your brain's EM radiation to begin with. This synchronized state of activity between heart and mind has been shown to have medical benefits aside from any spiritual ones. There is a website called "HeartMath" that you can search for on Google for more information on all of this.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When you switch off a light bulb where does the electricity go? It goes nowhere. It just is gone. Yes, energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it does not have to stay in the same form. It becomes matter, a bit of a molecule in a dead cell. yes, this is boring, but it is a theory.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

See now that is an answer. You def get a star from me haha. For the subtle energies you believe in, are you referring to Dr. Tillers models? or someone else’s?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here are some images illustrating different parts of your body's various EM fields that together make up your "EM body":

Heart:

Brain:

If you're wondering why the above image shows "potential" front-to-back and the magnetic field top-to-bottom, it's because electrical fields generate magnetic fields that run perpendicular to them and vice-versa. The electric and magnetic fields that always come in pairs, don't do it while occupying the same space, funnily enough.

Whole body:

Metabolism processes within your cells that all use EM repulsion, attraction and bonding to get their chemical work done:

All of these things happening simultaneously using ONE fundamental force of nature.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

For the subtle energies you believe in, are you referring to Dr. Tillers models?

Yeah, I bought one of his books and read it and I was impressed. I haven't seen his work presented like that anywhere online. They could do a whole documentary explaining his models alone imo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join