It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant/Fast-food ENGINEERED to make us overweight and still want more!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have a friend working on a Ph D at LSU in medical sciences, she sent me this article this morning. This is truly disturbing!!!

Our favourite foods are making us fat, yet we can't resist, because eating them is changing our minds as well as bodies

These foods are being meticulously engineered to "condition" our minds to want more, they're systematically making the world a fatter place. But to what end? Dare I even ask????

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It proves that junkfood is rubbish. But we already knew that, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello there!

I think because of glutamat,monosodic and fosfat!
for example take potato chips,you cant stopp before
carton is empty?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't even like junkfood, I think a lot of it tastes like cardboard.
So it doesn't seem to have the same effect on everybody, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't crave fastfood.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

WOW, your Avatar is...............what was the OP again.

OP-Yes, you can go to McD's and eat a huge meal but in 1 hour you are hungry again. It is same with almost all fast food places and it seems to be moving into our grocery stores. I try to eat as much non pre prepared meals as possible.

Of course most of us turn to these places and foods for convenience, due to our hectic lives. We need to assess this problem though. Take an extra 45 minutes a day to prepare proper meals.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
watch "supersize me" if you haven't already!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The end game is to maximize calorie density, minimize nutritional value, while creating an addictive food.

All of these contribute to skyrocketing healthcare and increasing its' demand. It fuels pharmaceuticals as well as the diet and exercise industries. It also allows the elite to have another benefit over the poor in regards to health and fitness due to their freedom of time and funds.

This is nothing more than a scam to create a docile, sick, indebted working class that will serve a wealthy, healthy, free managerial class.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It just gets me to thinking: if this much scientific engineering goes into make our FOOD more addictive (effectively changing the landscape of our minds), what are the pharma-corps doing with the medicine they're creating to "heal"???

The implications of this kind of deception in something as seemingly-benign as the food industry are just sad and disgusting to even fathom.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting.

I never used to eat fast food, at all, and after a few months you can actually smell the oils from outside and it was awful.

I do eat it occasionally now, simply out of convenience, and I definitely overeat when I do, it'd be great if I could blame it on this instead of me being an oinker

I have noticed though, diet meals (lean cuisine, healthy choice, etc) often times aren't any better. Ridiculous amounts of sodium aside, when one takes the portion size and nutrition of the smaller meals and compare it fast food you aren't really saving anything significant. I was just talking about this the other day, and how it's a conspiracy to keep people fat, bc eating those meals will not lead to anyone losing weight.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. S&F. I've been lucky enough to kick the fast food habit over the last four months. (Something about ammonia-injected beef at McDs helped)

It's hard to get any food that's not adulterated it seems. I have a son with autism on a gluten-free diet and a hubby with Crohn's which requires care. So much of the food has hidden additives. With meat, I have to watch for the "added broth" which typically contains gluten & MSG. Now we're tripling the size of our garden so I can ditch canned tomatoes due to the BPA in the can linings. Yikes.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Yes but we should also remember it is insane to avoid fast food to go and get your sugar/fat/salt fix from a restaurant. In the UK there are pubs that do not really cook but just by in the pre-cooked stuff, reheat and reassemble.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Relax. They're not trying to make you fatter, they're just trying to sell more hamburgers and pizza. That beanbag inside the seat of your pants is just a side-effect.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

There are a lot of restaurants in the states that do that as well. I waited tables in college at a sit down restaurant (not fast food) and nearly everything came in precooked. I was amazed, some meals were simply microwaved. Ironically, the hamburgers were the freshest item on the menu, for that the ground beef came in daily from the butcher, but most everything else was microwaveable.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I can imagine only a few things less benign than the food industry, particularly, but certainly not exclusive to, America.

But yes, the food industry makes us fat (regardless of our personal will power or tastes) and sickly so that we have to go to the medical establishment to receive "care" by way of the health insurance scam/industry which drives us to receive the product of the pharmacological industry ... and that finally makes us all better. I'm not so sure this diabolical cycle is far from the truth. And even if it's not entirely here now, it will be soon. But I really do think it's already here.

Also, when we die our premature deaths, don't forget our survivors get to wallow in the corruption of the death industry, too.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

It's actually ironic you should say that....I managed a cemetery with my grandmother for nearly 4 years, so I'm well aware of the crap that goes on there too.

I'm also a vegetarian, living in the south...a situation that means I've basically been disgusted with everything for a very long time

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Excellent....spoken like true close-minded Commie. Seriously, I get that. But how do these people sleep at night? Do they feed this crap to their own families, or eat it themselves?.....I'm inclined to doubt it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

How is possible to change meat,fat,salt-sodium base diet to vegetarian?
Any tips?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Any food item that is so good you have to have another is indeed going to affect your weight, but in the scheme of things being overweight is a condition that is not as serious as having cancer, pancreatic problems, liver, gall bladder, brain tumors, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and any number of other health issues that will kill you and make you financially poor in the process.

While food that is indeed engineered to make us fat, it is nothing but a method to keep us buying the product. The more product we eat the more profit they make and the more profit the medical industry makes.

Works like in the crack coc aine world or the pharmaceutical vaccine industry. They create a flu that requires a flu shot. You buy the flu shot and if the flu changes, you need another flu shot. In fact you want another shot so you can be OK. Get the picture? Well, food is no different, but to merely blame the process on making people overweight is the least of our health issues or problems created by certain types of food.

With so much high fructose sugar and sodium in everything we eat, it is a wonder we aren't worse off than just being overweight. Sooner or later the overweight problems get activated by the continued consumption of more deadly chemicals or from the fluoride in the water we consume on a daily basis. The point I want to make is that the poisons are everywhere and the poisons are intended to slow kill us while keeping the medical industry well supplied with sick and dying citizens. This agenda also contributes to a steady sterilization of the population and to population control of the masses.

The pharmaceutical companies make money off of the sick and dying and so what we have is an entire food industry that is run like a criminal enterprise. Eat what appears good. Get addicted, get fat and get ill. Sooner or later it all ends with you dying from some health related issues but only after you have emptied your bank account to get well which will never happen once you get so sick that it needs surgery and chemo treatments..

Worrying about getting overweight is indeed a valid concern, but getting ill and sick because our government in bed with the food industry to use food and water and anything we consume to contaminate us and to slow kill us with all the poisons that we ingest in the multitude of food products that we are faced with each and every day.

Mad cow disease, salmonella contamination, plastics contamination, mercury, melanin poisoning, high fructose sugar issues, cancers, leukemia, brains tumors and a host of other issues are what we face whenever we eat or drink anything. It is this way because our government wants this way and because they get paid to allow such atrocities from the food giants that pay them to vote their way or to legislate their way. It's about corruption and greed that promotes this type of unhealthy food distribution.

To complain about getting fat without complaining about getting slow killed is an oxymoron that still alludes me, but yes, foods do cause weight issues, but it's not the most pressing health issue and as such, all food and water should be rendered safe for consumption, but alas the FDA that regulates does so based on who bribes them to allow their contaminated foods to enter the pubic places where we consume and drink.

It is the corruption of our FDA and the greed of those corporations that produce tainted or less than healthy foods that are the real problem, but avoiding one fast food restaurant to avoid an unhealthy burger is not the answer. We must address all of the food contamination, poisons and unhealthy side affects of what the food industry produces. We must have a return to safe foods and water for all or else we shouldn't accept any food product that endangers our health or contributes to increased medical costs.

Oh well, if the food is engineered which I feel it is, then we should demand a return to healthy foods and we should not expect less. We deserve good decent food and if we had it, worrying about being overweight would then not be the problem that it is in today's world of fast food junk food that does nothing but contributes to our early demise and which promotes negative health issues that are caused by the very foods we eat and drink.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When I cook I try to engineer my evil concoctions to do just the same. My grandmother's English roast and fried chicken were most heinously demonic.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

I was never really a fan of meat to begin with...I still kinda use fish as a crutch every now and then, so it wasn't a really jarring transition for me.

But I would start with eating the way you normally would, just take out the meat/fat/sodium rich parts. For example: If you're a cheeseburger addict, try a Boca Grilled burger with fat free or organic cheese and a tossed salad. Or if you eat Spaghetti w/ meat, try making it with Morning Star Veggie crumbles instead.

My fav fast food used to be Taco-Bell's Cheesy Gordita Crunch. I learned how to make them myself using those veggie crumbles & whole wheat tortilla's. Just takes some planning and creative subsituting is all

Best of luck!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join