It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Weren't We Trapped?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Greetings to all

For some time now, I have wondered something that I would be very interested in hearing my fellow ATSers thoughts and opinions on..I am not sure if this question is even worth a Thread of its own, or if it should just go into blog form, but either way I am going to give it a go..

The question is this: Why. Why have people such as ourselves on this site, those who are free thinkers, who question our so called reality and the world around us..why have we slipped through the net- so to say- of the lies and controls while the mass majority have become caught up in it?
Some (myself included) have felt since early childhood that something just wasn't... right in the world..most often even before we had any real understanding of politics or belief systems in general..
Everyone living on Earth at this point in time, has, in various ways depending on the time frame each person grew up in, had social indoctrination since birth via media (be it news papers, radio or television), the schooling systems etc..
So why have we escaped while others have become trapped? I guess thats the real question I am trying to get at. From upbringing to DNA differences/changes, I would very much like to hear your ideas on this..
Thanks in advance,
Tessa Lynn

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is actually a very interesting question that you have posed!

I too, just like I have said in previous threads, have always felt like there was something wrong in the world...from a very young age. I was questioning teachers, even correcting them at times, especially when it came to historical events and subjects such as politics.

I don't have a real answer as I do a theory. Those of us who have seen through the web of lies, and who live "outside" of the grid and mainstream, for most of our lives, could very well be the ones that are here to make sure the rest of the world opens up the same way we did. To what ends, I really can't be certain, but like I said, my main theory is already in another thread of mine.

I really don't know why much of the world still has the blinders on, but I'll answer a question with a question: Could it be out of a subconscious fear of finding out the truth? I'm only speculating at this point, and I guess that's all we can do at this point.

Some may just call us social deviants or accuse us of having a "fighting the man" complex, but in a way, why aren't more people like this? What give one man or woman a right over another? I mean, we could all be crazy and just have an anti-establishment complex, but I of course think it goes much deeper than that.

I guess that those of us who have seen through it all are the lucky ones in one respect, and in another, have to be subjected to the laws and social standards that the rest of the world seems to be blindly following. It's quite unfortunate, and sometimes quite exhausting to keep fighting the power, as it were.

Thank you for posing this question, and I look forward to other responses.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

I think it is because ignorance really is bliss. It is more difficult to question what is going on than it is to blindly follow. Many people don't want to know the real answers so they prefer to stick to the reality that is being fed to them. It is safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Got a feeling that this is going to make for a good thread ! I have been asking myself that question for a looooong time now,without coming to any definitive answer.Believe me,there have been times that the frustation made me want to scream,trying to comprehend why the average joe just could not 'get it'. So far,some good replies here.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Oh yes, frustrating and mentally exhausting at the same time! I have wondered, as you stated here, if it is because we have a purpose to help open the minds of the closed minded..to help things along ..to progress when others do not because of their chosen or ignorant ignorance..time can only tell though, and as you say really all we can do at this point is to speculate.. which is good in its own way as I am hoping with this thread to hear new possibilities and theories that others of us may not have thought of
As to the fear in truth, I agree that is a pretty good question and reason for one to remain blind..simply not wanting their false securities and reality to crash down upon them.. instead of seeking truth, or at least other possibilities, and adapting ones life and to understand what they find.. if that makes sense lol..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Very good
thank you for contributing! So in this case it would really be the difference between strong minded individuals and weaker minded 'sheep' ? where as the strong minded want to know, and ache to find out what is going on.. the sheep don't care and continue munchy crunching their grass! Ignorance is bliss for them indeed ..until it leads to their demise (might not be quite the right word) eventually..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Good question.

I was a bit of a loner as a child, more content to sit with my nose in a book and I guess I started to read the "wrong" books. As I got older I started to listen to music more and I really got into the Dead Kennedys, would sit and listen reading through the lyric books and soaking up their awesome presentation style - mostly strange newspaper articles, cut-up/collaged.

The main thing for me on reaching adulthood was my thorough disgust at the media, not just the tv news, the tabloids, but the mindless "entertainment" - which is just opium for the masses, keeping us quiet and tranquil.

Lol - sorry, now I've got Whitesnake going round in my head.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Who says we aren't the ones who are trapped?

We may see things from a different angle or question things more than normal...but as many have said on here...that becomes tedious and frustrating at times.

Maybe it is just a good way to "trap" a brilliant mind from doing more useful and important things.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
From a very early age I knew that something was not adding up.For my entire life,I have been on what I can only describe as some sort of 'quest'. There were times that I was ostracized because I just didn't 'fit in'.I always had questions that no one cared to answer, it seemed.Most of my peers would steer clear of me because my take on things was irrelevant to football,being a jock,etc.There were those certain breed of teachers that recognised something about me and did their best to encourage me.Sadly,my own family would scorn and ridicule me and tell me to get my head out of the clouds,nothing I was interested in was going to help me in life.I was the only one from a family of six kids to go on to college.I have always had a voracious appetite for reading,so while going thru college,I studied numerous cultures/religions in search of answers.To me, they all basicly had the same theme,and tended to present more questions than answers.World history has always been a favorite study of mine.,you can't properly study the history of a culture without making a study of the religion of said culture.,in my opinion.Maybe I will get flamed for this,I hope not.I am not a christian,nor do I adhere to any set of religious dogma.However,I have no problem with anyone who is or does.Having said that,I do find an extensive amount of knowledge and truth in the bible.Keep in mind that I am not discussing 'religion' in the orthodox way.The bible is replete with stories of 'angels' having direct interaction with mankind.The bible also says that 'God' is the same yesterday,today and tomorrow.So,where are these 'angels' today?WHO are these angels...? According to Youngs Analytical Concordance--ANGEL(s): Mighty.,Messenger,agent. Hmmm....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I hear ya,bro.You are dead-on about the media and entertainment industry.I'm old school so I been around the block a few times.Makes me glad to know that there are those of your generation who can see thru the friggin illusion too.(smoking up a little metallica myself.,nothing else matters...)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some people take things at face value and rarely question anything. This can be a very effective trait for a person, but it wont leave them very open to outside of the box thinking. Forums like this one, whenever we post personality tests, there are always most Intuitive types instead of Sensing types, and most of the sensing types are not extremely sensing and have some intuitive traits too. In psychology that is what is meant on that spectrum, whether you take the world and things at face value, or you go deeper and think for yourself.

Heres the thing, in the world sensing types dominate - it's like 90%. Once you get on ATS, you have a majority of intuitive (meant psychologically). Even if it was 50/50 on ATS, it would be very different than taking a random sample of people, it would still be a huge correlation and concentration of intuitives.

Thinking for yourself is not always the most useful. If someone gives you directions to a far off city, and they have given you the shortest route, you will not benefit by getting out a map and finding your own way.

Other then that I think it comes down simply to intelligence, and placing a high value on truth. But like someone said, we are sort of in a prison too, just a different one. We will always be ignorant of something surely, as long as we are human.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Have we really escaped or are we just trapped in our own tunnel vision?

I dont think we have all the answers or some special kind of insight. All that i know is i could easily be wrong all the time. But this doesnt matter.
In questions of existence there is no need of measurements or categories, right or wrong.
I am not "more awake" than others.
For all i know we could be asleep as well, just dreaming a different dream

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The responses that we may well not be more "awake", sadly are completely legitimate. I don't want to be pessimistic, but little is changing for the better in this world and relative to conscious/unconscious behaviour - none of us really knows.

Still, on the plus side I'd think we all now can recognise a lot of political and media lies more easily than most.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision

...why have we slipped through the net- so to say- of the lies and controls while the mass majority have become caught up in it?

Some (myself included) have felt since early childhood that something just wasn't... right in the world..most often even before we had any real understanding of politics or belief systems in general..

Everyone living on Earth at this point in time, has, in various ways depending on the time frame each person grew up in, had social indoctrination since birth via media (be it news papers, radio or television), the schooling systems etc..

So why have we escaped while others have become trapped? I guess thats the real question I am trying to get at. From upbringing to DNA differences/changes, I would very much like to hear your ideas on this..

THis is actually a very interesting question. Perhaps this thread would be better suited for the psychology forum.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

This is a very good point.. and in ways everyone is trapped within the system itself wether one likes it or not, TPTB have set everything up that way and all any of us can do in that respect is to distance ourselves from that system to the best of our abilities and limit what we personally feed into it all..

Easier said then done for many, i know..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Thank you for your imput
is there a way of moving the thread without deleting it and re-posting?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
each time someone poses this question I think of this:

Arthur: "All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world..."

Slartibartfast: "No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

FROM---

Most people think like you do, but very few care enough to ask "Why". I doubt we are much diffrent from each other from a biological view point, but some people can see multiple sides of an issue, which is a good thing here at ATS. you must look at all things from EACH viewpoint.

Alot of cats say, the illuminati wants to kill us all. ok, thats fine, whatever, but why would they want to? then who would buy their stuff or build their societies? common sense and hard hardheadedness dont go hand in hand, but I like to consider my lifes work to be a fact finding mission. If only those facts could keep my grave warm too, cause in the end, thats all we have,

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

hmmm.....i think you are trapped but just don't know it.
I don't know how to elaborate on this right now, so I'll just sit back and wait....
but just cuz you think you're not trapped doesn't really mean anything....i mean what makes you think you're right? Oh of course...you haven't been trapped....LOL....

this is silly...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The simple answer is because of trust. People have put their trust in the people they elect. Once the power is abused, the people elect another person they could trust and simply move on.

Another factor is the television. Many people tune in without questioning the source of news outlets nor even know their agenda. Many people watch TV not knowing there are hidden agendas that get through subconsciously.

If people can't perceive danger than they assume there is no danger and continue living in ignorance.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think that people "such as ourselves" are set apart because of our overall quest for knowledge. We soak it all in. We want to know the who, what, where, why, when and how. I don't believe that most people enjoy learning "new" things unless they're either forced to do it (gonna lose my job if I don't) or paid to do it. We just have some inherent ability to always want to know and to keep on digging if what we find doesn't quite fit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join