It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guest glitched out on CNBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So I'm up all night watching episodes of Breaking Bad. During a commercial break I changed the channel to CNBC and watched the anchor quiz a fat corporate cat type. I picked up where he said something to the effect that the Fed usually wins out in this type of dispute, after which he enjoyed a hearty laugh. Anyway, they cut to an anchor in Asia, who asks when he'll get retail banking over there because it's huge. He said, well, we're still working on the model in Britain and it's going to take a while. What happened next left me stunned. He skipped three or four times on a word, in a uniquely awkward way. It was fuh-fur-fuh-fuh. It was WEIRD. Really, really weird. I've seen a lot of stutters and when the playback skips or whatever, but this guy was GLITCHING. It was brief, and he continued the blah-blah-blah without skipping a beat, but I saw it. Afterwards there was what can best be described as an uncomfortable silence, followed by a commercial break. No follow up and no thank you for your time. It was very strange. It happened a little before 3:50 Mountain time and I'm sorry I didn't have it recorded.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
do you know who was doing the interview? the glitchers name? anything we can follow up with?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
No, just the time. A little before 3:50am Mountain time.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Its hard to judge based on nothing, but my first guess out of thin air would be possibly some sort of malfunction, which could explain why they went to commercial without the usual todo.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I work at a TV station and that happens all the time. the lead in (local cable provider) was experiencing a glitch on their decoder/receiver. only people in your DMA (market area) watching that channel at that time would have seen it.

Its also probable that CNBC network headquarters had a similar problem on their end with the uplink.

Lastly, it could have been a master control operator erroneously did a "instant replay" function on the production control board, but thats less likely than the other options.

top topics

join