It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot-out at space research base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Shoot-out at space research base

www.theaustralian.com.au

POLICE are hunting two men who opened fire at a high-security space research facility in India.

The suspects were involved in a shoot-out with security personnel at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) base at Bylalu near Bangalore, The Times of India said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
timesofindia.indiatimes. com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Very curious. I wonder if indeed it may have been terrorism as suggested in the article, or more likely in my mind, foreign spies checking on the ISRO. A shoot out suggests something nefarious though.

The Chinese would be my firstt guess given there rivalry with India at the moment, but they may be more likley to organise a military school to hack in instead.

www.theaustralian.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They will probably blame it on some 9/11 truthers or some alien lovers or something along them lines..

HR 1955 in action..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There are plenty of terrorist organisations in India to blame it on (plus the Pakistani ones and Al-Qaida). Here is just one list I found of more than a hundred terrorist and extremist organisations in India.

Just seems like an odd target for terrorists to me when you could achieve more attacking poor helpless civilians.

[edit on 16/3/10 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sorry I didnt read your post right..

I am not my normal self..

Anyway it sad to hear this happened... I thought it was in the US.. should have paid attn.. sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
They were going in there to destroy the Velociraptors that the aliens were breeding to wipe us all out. (Sorry, D&D D20 Modern flashbacks. Mainlining Mountain Dew will do that to you.) It doesn't seem like they got what they came for, so they will probably try again. This is seeming an awful lot like something they would do a low-budget version of on the sci-fi channel.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i bet it was a aic< funded attack. the perps probably hit the mud when the security guards fired back and bailed out!
.....hence the reason of little media coverage!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I keep thinking that one day, some day, the main stream media will actually report some current event news.

You know the stuff, with lots of surfing you can occasionally find some, and you immediately know when you hear it and/or read it.

Truthful occurrances / events, with sources investigated, and reported honestly with integrity, and without censoring, or filtering, or spin.

But maybe I have deluded myself, thinking that might happen.
Dreaming and hoping are better descriptives.

[edit on 3/16/2010 by SadieJane]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This incident is getting just plain weird.

According to The Wall Street Journal They don't believe it was a terrorist attack and the two men were using home made weapons and trying to shoot at a distance. Apart from being total whackjobs I wonder what on earth they were planning to achieve?

The conspirator in me says they were making a diversion for another spy. It can't be a coincidence that this is where India develops it's satellite technology and the base station for the moon missions.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
would they have items like missiles (long range) or guidance systems? I am not familiar with Indian aerospace, unfortunately. It is exciting to see their burgeoning program, however, and i am sad to hear about this attack.

India is a major target, just because they are so close to the crazies.

new topics

top topics

join