It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lula refuses to visit grave of founder of Zionism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Lula refuses to visit grave of founder of Zionism

www.presstv.ir

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has refused to visit the grave of Theodor Herzl, the founder of modern Zionism.

In response to the rebuff, Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman decided to boycott the Brazilian president's visit.

On Monday, Lieberman also criticized Lula's close ties with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his plan to visit Tehran in the near future.

Lula described his Middle East tour, which includes scheduled visits to the occupied West Bank and Jordan, as "a mission of peace."

“We are very proud that we can say Latin America and th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.salem-news.com

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So the Brazilian President refuses to visit the grave of the founder of modern day Zionism. In a more recent article that is linked here from BBC news, Israel's foreign minister is reported to have boycotted the visit to Israel by the Brazilian President in response to his refusal to visit the grave. I find it all intriguing as Lula has deepening ties with Iran and has criticized attempts to isolate Iran over its nuclear program. Lula's visit he says is one of peace where a nuclear weapons free Middle East is what he is encouraging. Can you imagine the Israel parliament squirming as Lula says this about a nuclear weapons free Middle East? It seems Lula trusts Iran.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We should start a betting pool here. How long before Netanyahu calls him anti-semitic to explain his anti-zionist sentiment? I'm guessing within 5 days.

The zionists that run Israel today are some of the most rascist and hypocritical people in history. One holocaust does not justify another.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Lulu betting odds.

Anti-semite in over/under 4.5 days.

Over 4.5 (-200)
Under 4.5 days (+170)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Gotta love it. A thread created using an article from the Iran's PRESSTV. Who needs ATS when you have the Iranian government as a news source.

BBC also had this to say:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Lula described his visit to Israel as "a mission of peace" that he hoped would help his country emerge as a bigger player in foreign affairs.

He informed Israeli President Shimon Peres that Israel had been accepted as the first non-South American partner in the free trade group, Mercosur.

Brazil is Israel's largest trading partner in Latin America, and trade between Brazil and Iran has also grown by 40% during Mr Lula's presidency.

The Brazilian leader is visiting Israel, the Palestinian territories and Jordan ahead of a more controversial visit to Iran in May.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There is a popular right wing morning talk show here in Phoenix and the host keeps telling everyone that there are no Zionists. That Zionism is something made up by antisemites.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

There were other sources for this story but the PressTV one was what I used. I didn't realize PressTV was the Iranian government. In your opinion this source is no good?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

A bit strange. As the organisation that pushed the creation of a Jewish National Home in Palestine up until the Balfour Declaration and beyond was called the 'Zionist Organisation' by both themselves and those they dealt with.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Gotta love it. A thread created using an article from the Iran's PRESSTV. Who needs ATS when you have the Iranian government as a news source.

What this suppose to mean?

This source is good for you?
www.jta.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Zionism Unmasked: The Dark Side of Jewish Nationalism

But whereas extremism in other nationalist movements is an aberration, extremism in Jewish nationalism is the norm, pitting Zionist Jews (secular or observant) against the goyim (everyone else), who are either possible predator or certain prey, if not both sequentially. This does not mean that all Jews or all Israelis feel and act this way, by any means. But it does mean that Israel today is what it cannot avoid being, and what it would be under any electable government (a point I’ll develop in another article).

This is external content from one of the sources that I provided in the opening post. You see, I really do not know what Zionism is and if I could be considered one. For the life of me I have been looking to see where it contradicts certain aspects of normal behavior and I cannot.

If you are a Zionist, weigh in on this. If you are not a Zionist, tell us why. I guess what I am trying to get at is, what is Zionism and how can you tell if someone is a Zionist? I know it has been blamed for a lot of violence but can someone give an example?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

It seems Lula trusts Iran.

I trust Iran more than I trust Israel.

That's just me, though. I don't trust the Israeli government any more than I trust my own, which is nil, none, zero, nada, zip, zilch. They have pretty much become one and the same with all the dual citizens we have running our government.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I have to agree with you. At least Iran isn't 2 faced and their leader says what he thinks (most of the time) unlike the U.S. and Israel. I will trust a leader who knows what he wants and sticks to his guns than a leader who changes his mind every 2 days and tells others what they can or can't have when they lie about having the same things in the first place (nukes)...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I trust Iran more than I trust Israel.

I've seen this sentiment more and more and the things Ahmadinejad is addressing lately is certainly fueling that sentiment. Like the US playing a double role in Afghanistan, his belief that there is more to the 9-11 debacle and so forth.

I used to read the headlines about Iran and I must tell you I was swept up in what the MSM was feeding us. Now, I look at some of the things he has said in the past and I am questioning more and more what is really going on.

Like the Zionist regime in Israel being wiped out. He's not saying he wants all of Israel gone, just the Zionist mentality. So I guess I just need clarification as to what that is to see what he means.

I find it suspect that we are conveniently perched on Iran's borders and beating the drums of war. I find it more perplexing that a regime like the one in North Korea isn't afforded such attention after detonating two nuclear weapons and blatantly saying they will use them against our interests.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Theodor Herzl was a very intelligent, articulated and proud supporter of human rights in general. He rejected Jewish emancipation and assimilation into society because of the widespread anti-Semitism and cultural distrust of Jews in Europe.

He held direct discussions with the Ottoman Empire, Egypt and other governments regarding the creation of a Jewish. Herzl believed the state should be created out of negotiations and peace treaties, involving all of humanity.

Sadly, he died in 1904 and never saw the creation of Israel. The leaders, who replaced him in the World Zionist Organisation, did not share some of his personal beliefs and ideals.

The 28th Zionist Congress, meeting in Jerusalem 1968, resorted back to Herzl's ambition of a Jewish state that defend and promoted human rights and world peace. Since the creation of Israel, the Zionist Congress and World Zionist Organisation have little political influence.

If President Lula did refuse to visit the grave (PressTV is highly bias) then is shows Brazil's lack of understanding regarding Jewish history and yet more stereotypical mentality of a left wing leader.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Understanding what Zionism is is no easy thing because in reality there are two forms of Zionism.

There is the dictionary version of Zionism which formerly is alleged to have meant anyone who supported the rebirth of a Jewish nation of Israel and presently means anyone who supports it.

This is the politically correct version of Zionism which to be blunt is all about confusing people in regards to what Zionism is.

Why it is really so hard to define Zionism in its truer and greater form is the Zionists themselves literally ply the Internet looking to shut down Internet Sites that have historical references too and parts or all of the Zionist Manifesto of 1924.

Groups like the Israeli Internet Defense Force, Jewish Defense League, and Anti Defamation League just to name a few take great efforts to keep a sanitized version of Zionism out there.

They are very successful in their efforts too. It used to be Wikipedia had an overview of the Zionist Manifesto but that’s gone, along with things like the article on Rahm Emanuel’s father who was a founding Zionist terrorist.

The Manifesto itself is still very active and basically constitutes the following:

1. To dominate the entire Middle East from the Brooks of Egypt to the Mesopotamian Delta and to make it all part of a greater Israel.
2. To depopulate Zionist held lands of indigenous ethnic and Muslim Arabs using violence, economics and other forms of coercion.
3. To enlist powerful nations as allies to fight what ever wars and battles and to provide economic assistance in making 1 & 2 come about.
4. To utilize the Jews in Diaspora to influence the Medias and governments throughout the world to always favor Zionist policies and initiatives.
5. To utilize Jews in Diaspora throughout the world as 5th column elements who will provide assistance when called upon to Israeli Intelligence and Military Operatives stationed throughout the world.

These are some of the key highlights to the Manifesto it is exceedingly hard to find online these days there are however original copies in several Museums throughout the world and there is absolutely no doubt Zionists like Begin and Shamir, Stern and Levi followed the Manifesto religiously.

In short Zionism is actually a terrorist group!

To better understand radical and extremist Zionism this lengthy article by the Institute for Historical Review can shed a lot of well document light on Zionism and terrorism.

The Zionist Terror Network

Background and Operation of the Jewish Defense League and other Criminal Zionist Groups

This booklet documents the background and criminal activities of Jewish Zionist terrorist groups, and especially the Jewish Defense League. Particular emphasis is given here to terror -- including murder -- against "thought criminals" who question the Holocaust story that six million Jews were systematically killed during the Second World War.

Zionist terrorists openly proclaim an arrogant Jewish-supremacist ideology and acknowledge their readiness to use violence against those who disagree with them. With a well-documented record of bigotry and crime, they pose a serious danger to our society, and to men and women everywhere who treasure freedom.

Institute For Historical Review

Zionism is a true scourge and pox on humanity in my humble opinion and rest assured DECEIT is one of the Zionist's primary weapons.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

We should start a betting pool here. How long before Netanyahu calls him anti-semitic to explain his anti-zionist sentiment? I'm guessing within 5 days. The zionists that run Israel today are some of the most rascist and hypocritical people in history. One holocaust does not justify another.

I do not know who are most hypocritical (or at least shallow) people in the world. But Netanyahu did speak with Brazilian president. Please outline for me where he used "anti-semite" label.

Honorable President da Silva and Mrs. da Silva, welcome to Israel and
welcome to united Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, the eternal city and the
city of the Bible. The Knesset and People of Israel extend a warm welcome
to you.

www.imra.org.il...
Check for second article from 15/3.
Wow, zionists that run Israel today just cost you your bet. Oops.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yep sympathy for Iran is growing where i live .
most people i asked would let em have nuclear power .But the people i know hate gordo toO so do they count?

Me myself thinks the Iranian president is consistent for one an my feeling he is on about a corrupt zionist gov not Israel it self. Because that will only condem Iran if he was.

Never had a war except for the Iraq -Iran war for hundreds of years, which i believe was orchestrated from some point far away not from Iran or iraq, i wonder were that might be?.
Yep i feel for them sure do, what is it like i wonder to be a leader of a country and fly to the UN. then be given the cold shoulder by leaders who bow to a few other leaders through fear to the big G8.
news about Iran i watch for daily for some reason.

[edit on 3/16/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I was making a joke. Typically when public opinion turns against Israel or any powerful jewish organization someone screams about anti-semitism. An example follows:

The most ludicrous of these, and the one that surprised me the most, is the accusation that my article was anti-Semitic propaganda. The first letter I got on this score I actually mistook for a joke sent to me by one of my friends. Then I got another one which I quickly realized was not a joke at all. “Isn’t it convenient,” it read, “that an Arab-American writer for Rolling Stone looks at Wall Street and picks the most prototypically Jewish firm around to demonize.”

Quoted from a rolling stone writer who said many people claimed he was anti-semitic after writing an article about goldman sachs role in the ongoing financial collapse. Netanyahu's brother called the Obama administration anti-semitic as well because they won't go along with the settlement program. Ben Stein called Ron Paul antisemitic when he talked about ending the federal reserve. Its just a label that certain jewish criminals hide behind.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I am infected by the peace virus, says President Lula as he seeks UN job

President Lula Da Silva of Brazil, who joked recently that he was “infected by the peace virus”, is considering an attempt at becoming the next UN Secretary-General. Diplomats say that Mr Lula Da Silva, who must leave office in January, may seek the world’s top diplomatic post when Ban Ki Moon’s first term expires at the end of 2011. The idea is understood to have been first floated by President Sarkozy at the G20 meeting in Pittsburgh in September.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

If U.S., Europe not talking to Syria, Iran we will do it: Lula

“Many of the people who are part of the solution to the conflict between Israel and Palestine, the Middle East, are distant. You know, one country does not talk to the other, another refuses to participate in the meetings, it is something that seems to belong to somebody, but nobody solves,” he compared.

www.tehrantimes.com...

ANALYSIS - Brazil's Lula raises concern with Iran embrace

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, whose charm and everyman style have made him a hit on the world stage, is risking trouble at home and abroad with a puzzling embrace of Iran just as world opinion hardens over its nuclear program. Lula, a former union leader who was jailed by Brazil's military rulers in the 1970s, has refused to criticize Iran's human rights record and welcomed Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Brazil with hugs and smiles late last year.

in.reuters.com...

Some of the more recent articles regarding Brazil's president. He seems to want to promote peace and doesn't care what others think. He may actually be on the right track from what I can gather.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by jackflap]

new topics

top topics

join