It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guys sees UFO in Cleveland for 10th straight night

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by butlincat2

Believe it or not, I'm trying to take your side on this matter. Sometimes, in order to determine what something is, one must embark on the laborious and tedious task of determining what something is not. Is this light in the sky a planet? Planets follow the ecliptic, which is inclined towards the south in the northern hemisphere... therefore, if the light in the sky is in the northern quadrant, it is definitely not a planet. Okay? On the other hand:

a] it changes colour

Atmospheric effects can cause an astronomical object to change color. Ever notice how the sun turns red at sunset?

b] it moves back and forth, dims and brightens etc ...

The CAMERA shakes and the effect is magnified by the digital zoom. In the first video, the light remains stationary relative to the building in the foreground. Seeing is believing, right? Grab your binoculars (you do have binoculars, of course), go outside, turn around and look at the closest bright star to the roof of the building you just left (a source of heat, and therefore atmospheric disturbance) What do you observe? Please describe in detail.

also c] hundreds of people have never seen anything like it before in their lives

Hundreds of people have never seen a hot meal in their lives.

d] it disappears into the clouds on occasion....

Venus disappears behind the clouds on occasion.

e] there are more than one

In some of the footage, there appears to be two points of light very close together.(And "moving" in tandem.) It is impossible to determine whether these two point sources are separate objects, two lights on either end of a single object or merely some sort of "lens flare," in this case, an artifact caused by the silicon chip registering a point source of light from both the outer and inner boundary of the lens. (Get out the binoculars before you object.)

do u think these people cant tell the difference between a planet and this moving, colour-changing, height-changing anomaly?

Absolutely. These people don't know what a tripod is.

Seriously: if you want to prove that it's not a planet, all you have to do is determine that it was at more-or-less due north. Apparently, some people are as clueless about compasses as they are about tripods. NOW, having explained all that... if someone, anyone, can definitively say in EXACTLY what direction this light appears, measure its azimuth and record it in a reasonably professional manner, then it might prove to be reasonably interesting. In fact, if anything like purely reasonable documentation is made it just might turn out to be TOTALLY INEXPLICABLE!!! (Which means it can only be extraterrestrial in origin. Or perhaps a time travelling device. Or a ghost. Or the anti-christ. Or whatever you want it to be... just be prepared to eliminate every other possibiltiy.)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

UFO sighting over Lake Eerie on MSNBC again day 12

Day 12 Eugene was on the News again as the lights returned last night.

UFO Researchers wake up a predictable sighting and UFOLOGY is gone fishing.
Bright light activity over Lake Erie near Euclid, Ohio, continued Tuesday evening as a regular pattern seemed to emerge, according to Ohio Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) Field Investigator Tom Wertman.
Wertman was reached this evening by cell phone at the beach area overlooking Lake Erie near the Euclid apartment building at 9 p.m. where witness Eugene Erlikh, 20, has been reporting continued UFO activity.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by sharklive6]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yes but the changes im talking about happened in a matter of seconds, not ages as the changes youre on about take. Your argument seems to go against these things being anomalies, and your arguments are well off. Planets do not go bright and dim out and then change direction whilst gaining height. Planets are stationary where these things are definatly not, or havent you heard the eye-witness account of Erlikh,or seen the CNN video?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexander_delta
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Hahaha, you called it!!!
nomorestupidlights.blogspot.com...

10 straight nights and nobody bothers to check it out with an airplane or RC plane....

[edit on 16-3-2010 by alexander_delta]

That's probably the dumbest website i've ever seen linked here

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

To correct you, I did post that from a cell phone- a Motorola Droid. Which came in very handy, by the way, what with Google Sky to figure out which bright stars were which planets and all of that, and also with the GPS compass to ensure that we were having the same sightings in the same direction as Eugene, who was updating whenever he saw one of the "objects".

Ok. I went out there last night to Sims Park in Euclid with a friend of mine. He brought his camera and I brought my video camera. What we saw was interesting because it was pretty clear that we were seeing the same objects as Eugene is seeing, but the objects themselves are where things start to get a bit boring.

There were about 10-15 people there at the beach last night. None of us knew each other, but by the end of the experience we had all exchanged contact information. One of the guys filming with us has been in contact with Eugene, and it seems Eugene is going to try to hold on to his 15 minutes in the spotlight, as he was apparently not very accepting of the information that seemed to come out of the experience last night.

Before I go on, I will say this- I do have the video footage, I am just waiting to get a hold of a different camera, as it seems that mine will no longer connect to my computers firewire input. The computer just isnt recognizing it, but I should have it up and viewable by friday. Its a matter of me putting the tape into a different mini dv camera.

Now, the quality of the video is so so but, more importantly, it is steady for the most part and zoomed in on the object. TRIPOD POWER. This is actually where it gets dissapointing. Each time we saw the object, it made no odd movements, didnt zig or zag, disappear, etc. From our objective standpoint last night, all of us agreed that these were simply planes. A gentlment from MUFON joined us there last night. I didnt catch his name or ask for it as he seemed very busy and was in communication with others the whole time. I did, however, get a chance to hear what he thought was happening before it came out on examiner today.

It seems that these are simply planes banking over Lake Erie before they land at Cleveland Hopkins airport. The reason the lights seem to be stationary is because they would be facing straight at us as they are coming in. The lights dim out when the plane turn away from us and towards Hopkins. People closer to Hopkins seemed to confirm that the lights got brighter for them when they dimmed for us.

And let me assure you, the MUFON guy was just as disappointed as us. They werent there to debunk. They were there to find out what was actually happening.

Again, I will get the video up soon. Anyway, I thought you guys should know.

-GreyFox

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What a joke

[edit on 17-3-2010 by sharklive6]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I refer you to my post above you. There was nothing erie about it. As a matter of fact, when the lights 'turned' we could see what appeared to blinking lights, indicative of lights on the wings of the plane.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Thank you GreyFoxSolid! You got out there properly equipped with multiple witnesses and actually observed what was going on. You also had the intellectual integrity to report what you actually saw and not what you wanted to see. It is a bit disappointing, which is probably why MUFON hasn't actually rushed out a report. A glance at the map shows that there are two smaller airports in the vicinity which may lead to further "sightings." Well done!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butlincat2

Buy yourself a decent pair of binoculars and enjoy the night sky. You will then understand how lights in the sky flash, twinkle, change color and appear to do loop-the-loops. You might even catch a glimpse of a real UFO in the process.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

A day late and a tripod short Speakfree,,,went to a friends home,,,an apartment complex in Euclid (suburb of Cleveland), right on the lake( like the 10th floor). Got there about 6:50or so and stayed well into the evening. Sorry my fellow conspiracytheorists,,,missed it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

GreyFoxSolid, thank you very much for putting in some solid (no pun intended) investigative work. This really shows that MUFON has a serious credibility gap. People, if you could just stop rushing to push every little light to "invasion" status we could really better the signal to noise ratio.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

There is no point to reply just for fun sir. If you have payed attention to the case it has been on live-tv,newspapers and tv-stations over the entire us. Cant you see straight through the tv?or?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I suggest that low-intelligent humans should just stay away from info like this.

When it comes to this case, the government\military\over 100 tourists has been camping outside the place for 10 days in a row. PS:not allowed for foreign countries doing any training in the airspace in the us withouth good auth. No other country has even sent up anything that will make this lightshow reveil itself at any location.'

If you DONT have the intelligence to answer with a proper logical result,please hold your mouth quite.

Ye it is frustrating with humans sometimes. Huges trash race in the galaxy.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

Left this post twice but did not show up:
UFOs fall down over water. Google www.varchive.org and check for
Cosmos without Gravitation for all the goofy gravitation that can't be
explained.
Oh yeah.
The deeper the water the more gravity and mountains have less gravity.
UFO crews check you gravity settings.
Tesla aircraft and Towers forever cause thats what you got here.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Trust me, if there was anything significant and conclusive to disclose, it would have been leaked by now

You shoot somebody else down for expressing an opinion, and then go onto state that. You was correct in concluding it would be huge if it where to be disclosed, but that in no way shape or form suggests your above statement is correct.

What concerns me the most is, the amount of stars your post received. I believe you to be correct in you response, but it is all about how you go about denying ignorance. Ignorance combating ignorance should not be the way forward as so many would seem to believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
reply to post by Smell The Roses

From our objective standpoint last night, all of us agreed that these were simply planes. A gentlment from MUFON joined us there last night. I didnt catch his name or ask for it as he seemed very busy and was in communication with others the whole time. I did, however, get a chance to hear what he thought was happening before it came out on examiner today.

It seems that these are simply planes banking over Lake Erie before they land at Cleveland Hopkins airport. The reason the lights seem to be stationary is because they would be facing straight at us as they are coming in.

-GreyFox

Forget about it, nobody will listen to all your sound reasoning here.
Or your eye witness account.

There are just way too many people desperate to believe in aliens that whenever a plane is filmed they can't seem to grasp at the possibility.

Never mind that it's the most probable, that planes regularly fly over lake Erie. Never mind the fact that they must descend over the lake to land in Cleveland.

Ever notice that there's only one condition that lights in the sky are tagged as planes on youtube, and that's air show footage?

That by itself doesn't rule out the possibility of aliens, but there are those more concerned with hurting their case by screaming OMG UFO! at any blurry lights, instead of ruling out the obvious.

It's these types of 'believers' that water down what may be a phenomenon with rampant, delusional noise. They have even wrecked the terminology, that whenever we have a UFO, alien spaceship is always inferred.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexander_delta
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Are you really really really serious? Its posts like these that make ATS forum look like a retirement home for crackpots. Why is this even allowed here?

Are you an Illuminati de bunker?
Can't take the heat from the Tesla didn't do anything crowd.
They are nasty.
Please do not pick up any of their ignorant traits like the message
you gave me.
Find a new crowd to hang with.
Word.
ED:Oops your favorite thread of late.
ED+: And gravity is greater over water proving anti gravity can't work.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

I should also add that I ended up pointing the camera at a plane, though I didnt record (which I should have in hindsight), and it looked almost 100% the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is insanely hilarious, why all the fuss about these lights now? I mean, how long has that airport been there? Surely people must be used to these lights if this airports been there for some time now.

So what's next, lights over Heathrow Airport? Why didn't this guy Eugene just wait for April fool’s day and he just might of gotten a laugh out of this. Maybe Fox8 will annonce an April fools on the day.

I feel silly for even reading this post now

[edit on 18-3-2010 by jackitin]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join