It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will truth destroy your mind?? Mind Guardians: Matrix, Harry Potter and Carlos Castaneda common meme

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
First, I liked the Matrix, Castenada, Harry Potter, and ideas about a reality we don't know about, it's great science fiction.

The metaphors are fiction, but a 'reality we don't know about' as in, don't usually perceive, is already science fact.

What reality?
What science fact?
Source?

Originally posted by T0by

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by T0by
In my opinion, the scariest truth I could uncover is that when we die we cease to exist completely.

That wouldn't really be scary though. It's literally nothing. Was it so bad before you were born? Of course not, you didn't know the difference. Same thing when you're dead. There won't be any "you" to have any idea, so it can't possibly be bad. Enjoy life now, but once it's gone there's no chance that you will miss it.
Theres two things scary about it.
a) The thought of nothingness, being cast into oblivion. Isn't it a scary thought?
b) For me, it would highlight a certain purposelessness of the universe.
If there is no afterlife, there is no real meaning of life.

There are some who think the foundation of some religions is based upon this very fear. The Christian faith teaches that we can either die, or if we accept their faith, have life after death. Why would that appeal to people if people aren't afraid of dying?

So dying may not be scary to onceReturned, and that's fine, but it's scary to a lot of people, and that's understandable. I think we are so used to existing, it's hard to imagine non-existence...we can comprehend it, we just don't look forward to it.

Originally posted by Grey Magic
it is indeed a lot of crap, why else would we have star trek?

Star Trek is cool, Stargate SG-1 is even cooler. There's a whole thread on ATS about how stargates are real! Hey maybe THAT's the big secret nobody would tells us about. But there's a thread telling us that so somebody did tell us! Well if that's the secret, somebody's not doing a very good job of keeping the secret!

We don't even need those fancy warp drive engines with that stargate. (unless the planet you want to go to doesn't have a stargate, then you still need it, but most habitable planets seem to have them)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Simply J

I think you hit a nail on the head when you mentioned dealing in bits and pieces. Those just dealing in bits and pieces will only approach and calcify themselves. Only those genuinely, and to the core, seeking reconciliation can get it. And even then, it must be wisely maintained through continuing to be in that awareness, but with ease and little effort. The truth cannot be grasped; it must be accepted. It is given when you seek honestly and peacefully, wise as a serpent but peaceful as a dove. But these things must not be done with intent to receive. They must just be done, as one knows what one must do. You grasp it and it might just shatter you, so please do not lust after this fruit. It is a NOthing of nuance. I was careful with what I said, but it is wisest to say nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Simply J

I don't understand why people do that. I mean, unless they are of a different planetary origin

Maybe they are!!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Many politicians lay it down as a self-evident proposition that no people ought to be free till they are fit to use their freedom. The maxim is worthy of the fool in the old story, who resolved not to go into the water till he had learned to swim."
-Lord Macaulay Thomas Babington

-Edrick

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well sadly I have know a few people see ghosts and suffer complete nervous breakdowns. Other people did not. The problematic issue is mental rigidity. Some hard core sceptics should never see ghosts for this reason. Yet who knows what the future holds..

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

NEventual
Even in the bible we weren't meant to eat from the tree of knowledge.

Well, in this point I basically agree with Malcram... But i also want to add that the myth of Prometheus is the exact opposite: the demigood sacrifice itself for human benefit.

OnceReturned
I don't think much would change if it turned out UFOs were ET spacecraft, or that we lived in one of an infinite number of universes, or that consciousness could be simulated by a computer. Cosmological stuff and quantum physics doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the public. The stuff that remains to be discovered and which is turning out to be fairly strange is stuff that most people don't really care about. Why kind of facts might have a destabilizing effect on the populace? If people are really truly resistant to an idea, they just won't believe it. They won't freak out.

You know?? I totally agree with you, people don't freak out, they just take its time (decades??, centuries??) to assimilate the ideas. But my point is: well, we are sure our mind will not irremediably break apart, what can be the secret then?? Shol'va and ET_MAN were basically talking about disclosure.

Malcram
OP, with regard to the question of would the truth destroy your mind - well, if the ultimate truth is that the 'ego' - you - 'the mind' is an artificial construct created to navigate within a perceptive dualistic world, then yes, directly discovering that this 'you' is false would necessarily destroy it, at least as being 'you'. If so, then quite literally 'you' can't handle the truth. But the good news would be You were never 'you' in the first place LOL.
This is quite a good point

I kind of agree with Carlos Castaneda in this kind of thing. Our ego keep us in some kind of slavery.

Arbitrageur
But if someone tells me they know a secret, but they just can't tell me what it is, I don't see any rational alternative but to just ignore that comment.

Ok, you are right. So please, let me give you a better context: In both cases, Shol'va and ET_MAN are talking about the negative results on extraterrestrial information disclosure. They are talking like if they know exactly what is going on. ET_MAN in a very kind way even suggested me to wait after death to learn the truth

Now, that i have found 2 persons of this kind, I cant but wonder how can this be possible? yes, it probably is a coincidence... but what if it isnt?

TOby
Rather than chasing shadowy illusions, time is better spent looking at and discovering true reality via science because in my opinion that's just as scary.

Well... I would rather say using "science methodology" , because i got the feeling that science in general, is as manipulated by political forces as everything else.
And yes... its scary, but that have not stopped humanity before

blujay
now isn't it obvious why 'they' want to keep you so dependent on listening to their stories? Humanity could have a hard time handling the truth, though, because this truth makes you realize just how much responsibility it holds.

But we already have the responsability we have, so, we better get aware we have it, before is too late... wouldn't you agree???

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

SomkeandShadow

Some would probably die if they "saw the face of God" so to speak.

Yeah, somewhere, there must be a limit on the human perception capacity, but to learn such limits, its also a useful quest.
Carlos Castaneda talks about the ancient wizards quest for the understanding between the union of the universe and the infinity, just to find after millenia of struggle that even to observe not the universe, but the very personal union of the self with the infinite is a dangerous task.

So the Everest is there, we are called to reach its top.

RRokkyy
"The Freakingest Truth: YOU ARE GOD! "
"But nothing to worry about. As Twain put it;90 percent of the people would rather die than think.

Yeah, the gossip is that such idea may be the ultimate truth

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I do not if there are ghost or not, but if they do exist, then should not we be able to deal with them??

There was a time when occidental culture didnt even know that there was such a thing like a volcano. When Pompeya was destroyed, they didnt even have a word for volcanic phenomena. But the point is that volcanoes are there, and they are not going anywhere, so better for us to learn to deal with them.

And now, we have again some unknow thing... is it a threat?? is it something useful? I think we not only have a right to know, we may even have a NEED to know. We should demand access above top secret.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oshdra

NEventual
Even in the bible we weren't meant to eat from the tree of knowledge.

blujay
now isn't it obvious why 'they' want to keep you so dependent on listening to their stories? Humanity could have a hard time handling the truth, though, because this truth makes you realize just how much responsibility it holds.

But we already have the responsability we have, so, we better get aware we have it, before is too late... wouldn't you agree???

I would agree. It is difficult to wake up the masses to the fact, though, because of aeons of conditioning. The truths that are the truth, are portrayed to the public as being 'out there' and laughable. Once the collective consciousness has reached a critical mass (which I think is nearing), more will catch on and awaken.

Another issue is that the energies that are coming in to the planet now have not ever come before. This is part of the reason for the sleeping masses, besides the conditioning. Now that the energies are here, humanity is having a difficult time dealing with them.

They are energies of 'love' or higher consciousness. And as they flow in, they illuminate the darkness, the fears, the negativity that we have collectively been suppressing for thousands of years. This all has to be allowed to surface and then to be released. Not a fun process when forced upon a person.

Well, it's happening now. And how we handle it, will determine our outcome. Hang on, release, find joy.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What reality?
What science fact?
Source?

The reality underlying the world of our normal perception. As eminent nuclear physicist Hans-Peter Durr succinctly put it:

"I can tell you, I have spent 50 years of my life doing research into the question of what is matter, and the outcome is matter does not exist! Matter is not made of matter."

www.compasnet.org...

As I said, where this discovery will eventually lead and what it's full implications will be we don't yet know. But the world of our perceptions in not 'real', it's an appearance, a mode of perception, and 'reality' underlies it.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

What reality?
What science fact?
Source?

The reality underlying the world of our normal perception. As eminent nuclear physicist Hans-Peter Durr succinctly put it:

"I can tell you, I have spent 50 years of my life doing research into the question of what is matter, and the outcome is matter does not exist! Matter is not made of matter."

Hmm I'm not sure what he's getting at except maybe that quantum mechanics is strange, which it is. However his quote seems as nonsensical but yet true as if I were to say:

"People are not made of people"

Well of course people aren't made of people, they are made of smaller building blocks called "cells", and those cells are made of yet smaller building blocks called DNA, RNA, etc

Likewise matter is composed of building blocks which is comprised of yet smaller building blocks, and in fact we might never actually find out how small the smallest building blocks really are, but that may just be because they are beyond our limit, or horizon, of perception in the micro world, as anything further than 13 billion light years away is beyond our horizon in the macro world.

I don't think the fact that our observational horizons have limits means that what we see within those horizons isn't real, if that's what you're implying.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Likewise matter is composed of building blocks which is comprised of yet smaller building blocks, and in fact we might never actually find out how small the smallest building blocks really are, but that may just be because they are beyond our limit, or horizon, of perception in the micro world, as anything further than 13 billion light years away is beyond our horizon in the macro world.

I don't think the fact that our observational horizons have limits means that what we see within those horizons isn't real, if that's what you're implying.

But we're not just talking about ever smaller 'building blocks'. If that was the case then physicists like Durr would not be saying things like this. It's about completely different physics, totally different 'rules' and possibilities. For instance, calling them 'building blocks' makes it sounds as if they are static lumps taking up a discrete amount of space and time - just like the apparent 'things' these 'building blocks' appear as - but they are not. Not at all.

And we are learning that the strange 'rules' by which these strange 'building blocks' operate have application and influence within this perceptive level too, not just on their own. For instance, consciousness interfaces to some degree with matter because consciousness interfaces to some degree with the quantum building blocks which make their appearance as 'matter'. As I said, the full implication of this are startling to consider - but it goes infinitely further than simply 'smaller building blocks'.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If u people want to find out the truth

ill tell you first of all you are a GOD your thoughts have power but because the enemy has kept humanity in the dark for so long we have lost the ability to use our minds they way they were intended to be used for our selves.

<< 1   >>

join