It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a dream i hav only when ILL !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hi,
i need to know if any 1 has had a simler dreams to this when they were ill.

ive had this about 15 times in my life only when im ill.

1stly its more of a feeling than visual but i guess my brain
gives me visual and audio imput to corrolate what i feel?

its like theres something so fragile (light, tiny, quiet, good)i see a small ball like a bb.
then after a few seconds if i lose concerntration its
infanatly massive (heavy, loud, dark, and bad)and a massive sphere feels like as big as the hole cosmos

i dont just see it i feel it

its like a speck ,so tiny. then as huge as the universe its self.

a few times this has been as
all i can see is a perfect thin straight line in a off-white background with a hi pitched tone
after a few seconds its a f*$#@!ing mess of infinatly tangled lines like string knoted and bent .its just to massive to visulise and a roring thunder sound its horriffic.

can any one explain this or relait to this?

the times when im ill and i dream of it
i usualy have a fever or feeling sick

also my lips feel like there way too big

please help

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thats really weird Ive exp. the same thing multiple times. It was like the small white lines or dots gave me a feeling of sadness or loneliness. The "bigger" ones were loud and gave me a feeling of madness and anger. I havent had one of those kind of dreams for like 5 years. I tried to explain it the best i could to my friends, but they couldnt tell me what was going on. All I could ever see was black and white, it was never in color. Next time you have one write down what you see right after you wake up. thats the best time that your brain remembers it.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
When I get a high fever, I have strange dreams also, similar to yours.

I can only attribute the dreams to the illness. How, why your [our] body(s) act that way, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
wow!!!

i thought i might be the only one.

they started when i was about 8 years old

last one i was 18 am now 23 and have not had one since

if a few people hve had simler dreams when ill
then there must be an explenation

have u ever felt like ur lips are like to balloons?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have them too, though not in a while.

Something small like a bb, then something huge, each one calling out some sort of emotion, then the larger one sometime crushing the smaller one.

Its really weird that some people have similar dreams.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
its like theres something so fragile (light, tiny, quiet, good)i see a small ball like a bb.
then after a few seconds if i lose concerntration its
infanatly massive (heavy, loud, dark, and bad)and a massive sphere feels like as big as the hole cosmos

i dont just see it i feel it

!! I have had this happen to me a few times in my life. It only happens when I am ill (!), laying down. With me, it happens not while I am sleeping, but when I am awake. Although it is almost impossible to explain, it does seem more like a feeling than a dream or vision. It is almost like I can only explain it when I am experiencing it. It is a very unusual sensation, almost as if you are the object that "expands". It also evokes a feeling of dizziness.

I also am surprised that this has happened to other people.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Jake_]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No my lips dont feel like they are expanding but i dont remember being ill when it happened. Maybe once it did. Like i said it was like 5 years ago when it happened. It started for me when i was about 10. Im 21 now.

mrq

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've felt what you're describing. It's felt, not seen, although it feels like I'm seeing it (okay...like that made a lot of sense). Feels like it's either me, or everything around me, or both, or just space...in an instant balloons/expands..as if everything were tiny bubbles, and suddenly inflated to a mass that as big as I'm able to comprehend. It happened a lot when I was younger, any time I got sick. If I got a fever, it happened for sure. Nowadays it doesn't happen very often. Only when I get a fever from a flu or whatever, or if I become extremely uncomfortable to the point where I want to leave wherever it is I am.
I used to think it was due just to fever dreams. But now that it happens once in a while if I'm panicked, I dunno what to put it off to.
It's such an odd occurrence. It can border on claustrophobia, I suppose..because everything is expanding around me...in a flash. When I was younger, I remember describing it to myself as "Everything is getting too big!".
I can't believe someone else has had this kinda thing happen. I've tried to ask a few people about it, but no one knows what to say about it.
Anyways. Sorry if my description was impossible to understand...I did my best. Hard to describe something you can see but can't see

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I also have a dream of the same likeness when i am ill.... i asked my mother about it when i was young. she said she has the same kind of dreams when she is ill. I love the way you described it. that is the best way of putting the feeling. i believe it is some kind of basic function of the human phsyche to produce that type of a dream durring feverd times. My dreams are similar with the very quiet and tiny becoming chaotic and loud. I ususaly enter into a white room through a very small hole in the corner near the floor....and then it is quiet and as i make my way into the room. giant rocks begin falling all around me and i usualy end up crushed

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have these too...it is like a neon glow to me and it feels like I can control it then it expands and I feel like I have a burden of weight on me

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
if this happends with fever it may just be hallucinations.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hi all, my first post here!

I get these (or used too.. I haven't for a while)

black / white
jagged / smooth
sence of danger yet security at the same time.

I heard a theory once as to what causes these and why they happen often when you're ill, or highly stressed. Apparently it's some sort of deep recollection / reconstruction of the birth process..i.e. remembering what it's like being born!!

For me it fits. I had an easy birth (so I'm told!) 1 hour labour then plop, waaaah etc.. For me the feeling in thr "dream" seems to match that.

I'd love to hear how other peoples births went see how that affected the dream experience. May it my corroborate ther theory!

muppet

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by muppet]

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by muppet]

mrq

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

I'd love to hear how other peoples births went see how that affected the dream experience. May it my corroborate ther theory!

muppet

When this feeling happens to me, it's not pleasant; it feels like everything around me is expanding/ballooning and I'm in the middle or part of it, and if I could imagine everything possibly getting bigger, it would, but it's beyond what I can conceive, and so it just stays at that size (expanded as much as possible), and kinda pulsates sorta...and expands but not...sheesh. I know I'm explaining it poorly... but..anyway, re:quote above:
My birth was a very long long one (according to one who knows-my mom). It was drawn out and very humid on that day.
That's an interesting explanation, muppet. I'd like to find out more about this.

-Be Well
mrq

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yes ive had the same feeling like everything seems small but than boom everything big and moving normally but when everything seems to be far away everything moves very fast.......only had it twice....or it could be just the excessive video games i play

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
also have anyone heard
comfortably numb by pink floyd?

the lyrics in that seems (for me anyway )
to discribe those dreams

"when i was a child...i had a fever.... my lips felt just like 2 ballons..

and other refrences

that theory of memerys of being born sounds very good
coz u wouldent see it u would just remember the feeling.

and birth probly is the first time u feel i'll

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Youre dream sure sounds like something a have read before. By Robert Monroe, author of far journeys and other books he was a real pioneer in this area.Your description reminds me of a "roat" a small thought form or energy ball, he described in his books that was actually him- without him knowing it, i know it sounds weird but you would have to read the books, which cant hurt anyway they are very thought evoking.
I have had re- ocurring dreams when i was a child and very ill, i was very sickly as a child and almost died a couple of times, but they always were about war and me dying in mud looking up at the sky, and then the dream would end (past life?) im not sure but as i got older i got stronger and the dreams have stopped.
Don't know if this helps or not.
Parker

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
hmm.. wow people sure do have weird dreams when their ill, i can't say i've had a similar experience because when im ill i just dont have dreams....or just don't remember them
but anyways this thread sure has some intresting theories....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hmmm, I've had these dreams too, when ill like the rest of you. For me it's distance/closeness, I race away from something till it becomes tiny, then hurtle back until it's large. My hearing becomes very acute at the same time distant sounds are very loud.

I think it's the prelude to a real oob experience, if you let yourself go, let it happen without panicking, it can be a panicky experience.

There is a buzzing sound and vibration attached to this, it keeps pace with the to and free, near/far, small/large.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Trevor]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I ususaly enter into a white room through a very small hole in the corner near the floor....

hi jaypeth that bit u mensiond above!!!! ive had that once

i was in my bedroom and i saw a small hole in the wall (1 foot across)
i climed through it and i was in a contrasty white room even the furnature was white

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
hey trevor!!!!

my real name is Trevor too!!!
I thought i was the only one!!!

as mensiond above about I should read robert A. monroe books

I am and have finnished Journeys out of the body and am starting Far journys (as Im currently intrested in astral projection)

the first book also discribes how an involuntary OBE can occur and dose occur mostly when the subject is ILL!!!!!!

maybe this is related?

the loud roaring sound I used to hear with these dreams is also mensiond in the book.

However I can some times through practice, Astral project (mildly)

but do not have these experiances in the transision stage
probly due to the fact that I consiously know what is happening at the time

and when I used to have these dreams I was very young an knew nothing of asteral projection and OBE'S and such
and was a very scary experiance.

new topics

top topics

join