It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumeria, Annunaki, and our origins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

cool, where did you hear that the grey's are in charge of watching us? i haven't heard anything like that before, sounds kind of weird because lots of abductees tell about their 'abductors' having all the features of greys, and some when asked to draw them draw pics of greys or grey looking beings

my problem is, if they are here to watch, they are not just watching, they're also abducting, implanting, mutilating livestock, and much else, i say this because abductees have been found to have implants with no entry wounds, add it all up and you get a wide range idea

i doubt they are here to watch and only watch, but perhaps whoever told you this really meant they're here to watch AND take measurements and real physical observations that require invasive tact

[edit on 3/21/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tussilago

Then wouldn't his books be considered fiction?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Tussilago,
Do you have any evidence or facts to back up your claims?
What are your claims exactly, except to say Sitchin is wrong?
Maybe you will believe a Yale University Lecture?
At least consider it along with whatever you are hearing from...???

Pt one of a series illustrating a Yale University Course on the Hebrew Bible. For part 2 I found this very interesting considering the subject - unless your mind is already made up. Then nothing is interesting. Everything is disinformation you need to fight like a virus.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well, if part 2 of this lecture is so interesting, why don't you link to it? I'm unable to locate it in heterodoxism's archive.

Not that I understand how a standard lecture on Hebrew history would vindicate Sitchin in any way.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Tussilago]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Then wouldn't his books be considered fiction?

They are considered fiction. Provided they even heard of him, no one in academia who actually know anything about the Sumerians, cuneiform or the Sumerian pantheon would ever take Sitchin seriously.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

To say heaven didn't mean heaven but a mountaintop, is reaching. Certainly they knew the difference.

Really?

Do you have some sort of "heaven bias?"

I mean, you say "certainly they knew the difference."

Please cite the Sumerian work that allows you to know this as a certainty.

If it looks like a duck, why try to say it's a dog in a duck suit?
Yours is the more complicated argument, at least to me.

Except for one thing. Cuneiform has been translated. People can read what the Sumerians said.

but he is a lot closer than the Bible story.

It's silly to compare.

I mean, obviously the Bible is just as wrong as Sitchen.

Harte

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'll express my ignorance, but I had to look this up on the Inet to educate myself.

According to Babylonian Myth, the Annunaki where Deviant Dieties. And, in Urban legend, they are the Reptilians you here of on this board. Who wish to have others serve them through subserviance.

Sumerians, as far as I know, are one of the Tribes of the M.E. known for trade and ship building.

To sum it up, as far as origins and the Creation of the Human Population, I'll admit it has more flavor than the droll Christianity/Judaistic/Voodoo/ or even the Hindu.

I'll state that this is an interesting view point, but again state they are deviant, and lead through corruption.

[edit on 3/22/2010 by passingthought]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Tussilago,
Do you have any evidence or facts to back up your claims?

That's not my job, it's yours. I'm not the one claiming to have a dragon living in my garage, only that he is invisible, blows odorless smoke and breaths harmless fire as well as lacks a material bodily form, but somehow he is still there anyway cause Sitchin says so.

Consequently, you can begin by explaining how a supposed giant planet is supposed to:

1) Hitherto have gone undetected if it is supposed to make a rendezvous with the inner solar system in two years time.

2) Keep its inhabitants alive considered the crushing gravity, and apparently, since it is so big, the gas giant's lack of a solid surface.

3) Keep its inhabitants alive considered its huge distance from the sun during most of its orbit. After all, it's a bit chilly out there.

4) Why its inhabitants never visit Earth despite space travel ability and must wait thousands of years before their massive planet makes the inner solar system rendezvous.

Moreover, please explain:

5) What the hell the 'special' connection between the "Annunaki" and Sumer is supposed to be if the 'creation' of man (genetic manipulation of a existing Homo forms) happened 150 000 years ago and the earliest traces of the Sumerian civilization dates to about 5300 BC? Some major temporal slip involved right there, apparently.

With all due respect,
Tussilago

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So you are saying, "No."

No evidence what so ever. And there is really no evidence to the contrary - except written texts on cuneiform predating the bible! and all major religious tomes! -so I suppose we are at a stalemate.

You have assigned an opinion and I think also "a pet" to me based on nothing really...the voices in your head... I guess, which carry as much credibility as your opinion on this subject (at least to me) but thanks for offering it.

Gotta go...Time to feed the dragon!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

No evidence what so ever.

None.

And there is really no evidence to the contrary - except written texts on cuneiform predating the bible! and all major religious tomes! -so I suppose we are at a stalemate.

Everyone knows the Sumerian and Babylonian clay tablets, including the story of Utnapishtim (Noah) from the epic of Gilgamesh predate the Bible. So what? It's mostly a lot of boring business transactions anyway.
As for their religious contents, see Harte above who has looked into it a bit. And in fact, I've read several accounts of the Sumerian religion/myth/pantheon, since I have studied the History of religions many years ago, but no one who can actually decipher cuneiform texts, not even wild German romanticists from the 19th century, apparently have drawn similar conclusions to Sitchin. There is the same old line up of human myths, gods, functions and beliefs as there ever was, typical of a polytheistic society long ago.
When Harte clearly states that Sitchin's "translations" are made up/heavily amended, that the man does not even know how to read cuneiform, why don't you believe him instead of a Jewish con artist peddling his books? Why don't you care for having the specific passages checked?

You have assigned an opinion and I think also "a pet" to me based on nothing really...the voices in your head... I guess, which carry as much credibility as your opinion on this subject (at least to me) but thanks for offering it.

Yeah, and you denied me an honest answer to my questions. What a cop out. How typical.

Gotta go...Time to feed the dragon!

Hey wait a second! I'm not actually here to be a jackass, honest. It's just that having encountered this fraud Sitchin on boards for almost 10 years, I sooner or later had to boil over. He's a waste of time. Time that could be spent trying to figure out different models and origins of alien craft believed to be real, an actual, unbiased and scientifical debate on alien nature and origins as well as a critical eye on dispensing of tall tales. As long as people are stuck in the Sitchin swamp, the deranged state of mind that follows from sucking up to his non expertise in anything but baseless snake oil, none of this is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So you are saying, "No."

No evidence what so ever. And there is really no evidence to the contrary - except written texts on cuneiform predating the bible!

You're absolutely right!

Oh. Except for the part about cuneiform texts.

None of them say anything like what you are claiming.

But, other than that,

Harte

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Let us just agree to disagree.
I am just in too good a mood today.
I think I have already taken up enough web space and provided enough digestible reference regarding mysteries, perhaps boring to others though fascinating to me.
There is already enough material in the thread for the curious investigator to get started on a better informed opinion or even to loosen up an already cemented misconception.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I used the way back machine at Internet Archives and this is what I found.
Go to web.archive.org and put in www.1anunnaki.com

I am also using webFerret to try and track down a copy of the movie. I know there is a copy out there.

The Movie was made by Jaguar Films.

Not that I think it is true, I jsut want to see it. The hunt continues.
End of Line......

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Dometheus]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

cool, where did you hear that the grey's are in charge of watching us? i haven't heard anything like that before, sounds kind of weird because lots of abductees tell about their 'abductors' having all the features of greys, and some when asked to draw them draw pics of greys or grey looking beings

my problem is, if they are here to watch, they are not just watching, they're also abducting, implanting, mutilating livestock, and much else, i say this because abductees have been found to have implants with no entry wounds, add it all up and you get a wide range idea

i doubt they are here to watch and only watch, but perhaps whoever told you this really meant they're here to watch AND take measurements and real physical observations that require invasive tact

[edit on 3/21/2010 by indigothefish]

A member named Metalaholic told me this.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I believe there is something to this. I read somewhere that the first wave incoming to earth (Anunaki?) is the evil forces, to deceive mankind into cooperation and worship, the second invasion will be Jesus and his army coming down to defeat Satan and the Anti Christ. I don't know what it is, but every time I see Stichin, I get a hankering for fried chicken

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I've always thought mars was nibiru

looks like the gold shield, didnt hold the atmosphere in too good

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I think they are pretty much fallen angels posing as gods to deceive mankind and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dometheus
I used the way back machine at Internet Archives and this is what I found.
Go to web.archive.org and put in www.1anunnaki.com

I am also using webFerret to try and track down a copy of the movie. I know there is a copy out there.

The Movie was made by Jaguar Films.

Not that I think it is true, I jsut want to see it. The hunt continues.
End of Line......

You should have used the search function here.

You'd have found that, not only did that flick never get released, it never got made.

Harte

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Great thoughts ,metalholic there are thing in this world that are ancient but still so complex that its not even possible with our tech

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The video remind me of someone coming here to earth, taking all the credit for someone elses creation (god, gods, bigbang) and got themselves some nice slaves (humans).... But again its just my associations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join