It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumeria, Annunaki, and our origins

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
then u can understand how ancient man knew what it is written in ancient texts the talking of homo sapiens being the first test tube babies the knowledge of our solar system including pluto it wasnt discovered until 1930 but ancient man knew about...how? obviously gods walked with man!

The answer is easy, they didn't know about Pluto.

The Sumerians never mentioned any planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

...we are supposively half ape and half alien but remember the texts also say that there were failed attempts before the desired product came which was the first human ...

The "texts" don't say this either.

Harte

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

The videos you posted give a good basic background on the topic. Over the past several years I've become extremely interested in this and other related topics. In my opinion, it is very plausible that the human race came about through a genetic experiment. Not that you mentioned this specifically, but I have heard that the Anunaki wanted to use us to mine gold. When I hear statements like that, I almost scoff at the idea. They're advanced enough to come to our planet so why have slaves? As for 2012, I still don't think it will be any kind of catastrophe. It is interesting that we have had some devastating earthquakes in such a short period of time though. Coincidence? Who knows? Anyway, thanks for some good introductory information.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While researching the topic of our origin and it's relation to religious texts, I stumbled upon a fascinating load of information that ties most religion together that is rarely ever mentioned. It even connects events like the "Our Lady of Fatima" one. Although it bugs me that the site is so on their side, it's worth looking at.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

It might take a bit to read all of it, but there's some great information to consider in there, along with some stuff that seems a little bit twisted due to their pro point of view. If many of the claims in here are true, than most of our religion is the result of direct alien interference. Now what is really important is finding who's point of view is right, because this tip toes around the questionable actions they have made. I'm not the most knowledgeable in some of the sections, so if there are flaws in the claims, please let me know. I would actually prefer it if what they said about a few things were not true.

And here is a counter view and criticism I found of that page questioning the alien's motives.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I think some of this info concerning religion really needs to get out, I rarely hear about it.(I think that discussion of this place's point of view could use it's own thread, so If somebody could make a thread about "The Daughters of Ma" for me since I don't have enough posts to make a thread yet and linked me to it, it would me much appreciated.) Sorry if it seems like I'm plugging this site too much, it's just that it's really concerning me and I really want to discuss it with some people that would know more on the subject.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by NamelessMonster]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I find them pretty fasinating. Weather its real or not, well thats another question

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think the Annunaki story is a very plausible one.
Greys ? I would say are not part of it. We are clearly made in our creators image. Do you look grey ?

Apparently, 3600 years is a definite cycle of events.
About 3600 years ago in ancient Greece Thera erupted. Wiping out the Minoan civilisation with it.

I've also read about a different history of human evolution.
I think it explains alot and is most definitely plausible.
The Aquatic Ape Theory

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

well i'll admit that i havent read the sumerian txts myself but scholars that have...the ones who had the cahuna's to put there reputation on the line to go as far as to say we are half alien and half ape claim some of the olden texts say that...

the bible talks about these so called gods you just have to know what yoru reading when your reading it like in genesis when its talking about abraham abraham was actually a sumerian and later became a semite though the bible doesnt come right out and name his birthplace which was nippur a sumerian city but there are clues there that say it!

someone said well if they had the technology to come to earth why would they need slaves...we have the technology to get to mars and the moon! but that doesnt mean that if we were mining for something there that it would be that much easier...yes they came to earth but mining the gold became so backbreaking that the gods got tired of it and rebelled obviously with the itelligence to create a primitive worker

why do all the work yourself? kinda goes back to why did people need slaves from africa? when you can have someone else do it for you why not!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

first of all them being greys is jus a theory and secondly the theory states that they became greys later through evolution so no we would not look like a grey...the environment on the planet and possibly the way they bred and or lived caused them to become what they are obviously you didnt pay any mind to how i described it to be that way in theory!

everyone that bashes these theories are in the same boat as the people that claim them they cant be proved or disproved

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

first of all them being greys is jus a theory and secondly the theory states that they became greys later through evolution so no we would not look like a grey...the environment on the planet and possibly the way they bred and or lived caused them to become what they are obviously you didnt pay any mind to how i described it to be that way in theory!

everyone that bashes these theories are in the same boat as the people that claim them they cant be proved or disproved

I only said I did not believe in your grey theory.
Common I used the bible as evidence

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

sorry i wasnt comin at you like that..i was jus sayin hey its jus a theory..and when you said well u dont look like a grey i took that as u didnt understand what i was saying when describing the theory..sorry for the inconvene!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Here you earned yourself a star.

A simple apology seems hard for some members these days.

Thank you !

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

SITCHIN IS WRONG.COM

Thanks for bringing the real ancient Gods into this discussion. The Watchers are the Gods that the people of Summer were talking about. Watchers are Sons of GOD himself as are angels but each are a different species. Watchers are divine spirits and all are not bad, Just the ones who you find messing with earth and us are.

Satan is a Watcher. You will find that the Gods of old Mythology were actually Watchers hiding their real identities from Man.

The Anunnaki

As I noted in my open letter to Zecharia Sitchin, I have challenged him and other ancient astronaut researchers to produce one line of one cuneiform text that demonstrates his ideas about the Anunnaki are really in the Sumerian texts. I want to see one line of one text that says things like the Anunnaki inhabit a planet or inhabit Nibiru, or that the term "Anunnaki" means "people of the fiery rockets, that sort of thing.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

what about words in the bible matching such words as nibiru nippur igigi which was the term for the watchers who were actually stationed in the sky to be a stationary between nibiru and earth when they rebelled and were defeated they became known as the titans!

the tower of babel,the pathway in the great pyramid that was dug through to the well tunnel or w/e u wanna call it it is clear that at one point it was used to withold a prisoner all you have to do is look at the evidence dont read sitchins words look up the references he uses of other scholars and exploeres that were there before any of us in this century was!

obviously the first men to america and even older cities such as egypt wouldnt make up #

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Sky Watcher, what exactly are your beliefs when it comes to religion? If it is at all related to the Bible or Islam please refer to the link I posted earlier in this thread to the DOMA collective and see what it has to say about it. Some of the proof brought up connecting them appears undeniable to me, even if their conclusion on certain things might be wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

you just sent shivers down my spine and SCARED the hell out of me!!!...nice!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

well i'll admit that i havent read the sumerian txts myself but scholars that have...the ones who had the cahuna's to put there reputation on the line to go as far as to say we are half alien and half ape claim some of the olden texts say that...

I certainly understand your opinion, but I believe you are mistaken regarding the "reputations" of these people you (also mistakenly) refer to as "scholars."

Your tale comes directly from Zecharia Sitchin. He holds a degree in economic history, and has never been considered a scholar by anyone that knows what a scholar is.

Sitchin cannot read cuneiform. Sitchin cannot even translate Hebrew, although he is Jewish.

Yet he pretends to know more about this than people that can do both.

He has (had) no reputation at all to "put on the line."

the bible talks about these so called gods you just have to know what yoru reading when your reading it like in genesis when its talking about abraham abraham was actually a sumerian and later became a semite though the bible doesnt come right out and name his birthplace which was nippur a sumerian city but there are clues there that say it!

The Bible says he was from Ur (Genesis - Chapter 11,) a (formerly) Sumerian city then ruled by the Chaldeans.
Let's remember, the Sumerian civilization was long gone by then. You're talking basically Babylonian by that time.

someone said well if they had the technology to come to earth why would they need slaves...we have the technology to get to mars and the moon! but that doesnt mean that if we were mining for something there that it would be that much easier...yes they came to earth but mining the gold became so backbreaking that the gods got tired of it and rebelled obviously with the itelligence to create a primitive worker

That is the story as told by the Sumerians and Akkadians. But they never said their gods came from space, they were strictly from Earth.

Also, the term "Anunakki" was never used by any resident of Sumer. They called them the Anuna. The word "Anunakki" appears after the advent of the Marduk portion of the mythos, primarily Babylonian, IIRC.

You might as well ask the old spider woman or a leprechaun how to mine gold.
The Anunakki never existed.

Harte

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

Also if we do have to defend our freedom how do yo think we'd fare against them?

Only time will tell friend for it might be EVERBODIES TIME WHO EXIST WITHIN THIS lil UNIVERSE LOL
@ (BALANCE)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I wish I had time now to point by point illustrate how mistaken you are in regards to Zechariah Sitchin, his work and his abilities to read Cuniform texts. Although other scholars debate certain renderings of certain parts of these texts there is a major consensus about most of what is written. People often question ZS's literal translations of these writing's because it is true that instead of assuming the writers were using symbolism and myth as many scholars do he tended to take the translations literally at face value.
If it was written a deity or a being came from heaven, he did not assume they could not possibly mean "heaven" and go on to give that word a more grounded earthly connotation as other scholars are wont to do.

Your biographical information is taken from a skeptics dictionary. this is from Harper Colins who publish his books.

[Zecharia Sitchin is an internationally acclaimed author and researcher whose books offer evidence that we are not alone in our own solar system. One of a handful of scholars able to read the Sumerian cuneiform tablets, he has combined archaeology, ancient texts, and the Bible with the latest scientific discoveries to retell the history and prehistory of mankind and planet Earth. His trailblazing books have been translated into more than twenty languages; his first one, an oft-quoted classic, celebrates the thirtieth anniversary of its publication. A graduate of the University of London and a journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writes in New York]

There is a cylinder seal which shows all seven planets clearly as well as many accurate descriptions as to the location, weight, temperature, color and composition of the planets and that is why most people believe Sumerians were as aware of the universe as we are now and perhaps even more so. Not because ZS told them this was true.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Harte

I wish I had time now to point by point illustrate how mistaken you are in regards to Zechariah Sitchin, his work and his abilities to read Cuniform texts. Although other scholars debate certain renderings of certain parts of these texts there is a major consensus about most of what is written. People often question ZS's literal translations of these writing's because it is true that instead of assuming the writers were using symbolism and myth as many scholars do he tended to take the translations literally at face value.

No, he can't read cuneiform at all, regardless of what you want to believe.

He's been challenged to translate cuneiform many times, but has steadfastly refused to demonstrate this ability you so readily give him.

If it was written a deity or a being came from heaven, he did not assume they could not possibly mean "heaven" and go on to give that word a more grounded earthly connotation as other scholars are wont to do.

Please read the actual translations (the ones you think are wrong) and show me where any of these deities "came from heaven."

What we call "Heaven" to the Sumerians was not heaven at all. It was a mountaintop.

Your biographical information is taken from a skeptics dictionary. this is from Harper Colins who publish his books.

No, my biographical information comes from my own research into this fraud.

And please, do you really think that the corporation trying to sell this con man's books is going to state the actual truth about him?

There is a cylinder seal which shows all seven planets clearly as well as many accurate descriptions as to the location, weight, temperature, color and composition of the planets and that is why most people believe Sumerians were as aware of the universe as we are now and perhaps even more so. Not because ZS told them this was true.

No, there is no such cylinder seal:
An analysis of the seal you're talking about that doesn't show any solar system at all, regardless of what you "want to believe."

And, yes, it is because ZS says it is true, and only because of that. The Sumerians never mentioned any planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

You are welcome to any opinion you want to hold. You are not welcome to any "fact" that you (or ZS) want to fabricate to further this fallacious cause.

It is an established fact - undeniable and indisputable - that the Sumerians never mentioned any planet they couldn't see with their own eyes in the night sky.

If you take the time, and if you care about truth at all, you'll eventually realize you've been had.

Don't be embarassed, EVD did me the same way.

Harte

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

From what I can tell by following the, links someone named Neil Freer has an agenda against and spends an inordinate amount of time attempting to discredit Zechariah Sitchin.
Once should be enough if there is an actual basis for the discrediting or there is no discrediting.
There is slight disagreement in the translations and great disagreement over what these images represent.
To say heaven didn't mean heaven but a mountaintop, is reaching. Certainly they knew the difference.
Why in the Bible whenever anyone was meeting God would they go to a mountaintop (God never met anyone on flat land) and there would be smoke and fire?
In this link www.abovetopsecret.com... it shows the sun and the known planets the author posits this could be a bunch of stars.

If it looks like a duck, why try to say it's a dog in a duck suit?
Yours is the more complicated argument, at least to me.

I think, (yeah right - no matter what I think -but I'll say it anyway) Zechariah Sitchin may not be exactly right about the origins of man... but he is a lot closer than the Bible story.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
What do you guys think?

I think there's a sucker born every minute.

And I believe this about the average Sitchin believer:

1) He's young. Too young to have seen van Däniken basically pull the same fraud. Either that or he is mentally impaired.

2) He lacks an education, especially an education into phenomenology and the history of religion, the cultures of the ancient world as well as that of antiquity.

3) His parents are born again Christians and he does himself pander to such beliefs, including Creationism and he tends to deny evolution. Somehow, he has reached a zero level of religious life, wanting or feeling drawn to crude myths, yet interpreted in a very literal and concrete manner. Sitchin lets him have it both ways: being interested in UFO's and at the same time being able to retain his basic Bible fundamentalist sentiment.

4) He is a US citizen and he does not grasp much of the world outside, thus he is gullible and easily duped. He probably believes that because the con man Zecharia Sitchin is a Jew, he is inherently more honest and trustworthy than most other people. Now, that one is really funny.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Tussilago]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join