It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo's Indefensible Lawyers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

This is a rather long article, but raises lots of disturbing questions. If the lawyers in question did these things, all the while rapping the American taxpayers....why isn't the media, at least not the liberal media, all over this. And why aren't these attourneys in jail, as well as named along with the names of their firms?

"We obtained Justice Department accounts of some of those incidents under a Freedom of Information Act request. Examples included an incident in which a lawyer sent his detainee client the transcript of a virulently anti-American speech that compared military physicians to Joseph Mengele, the Nazi doctor of Auschwitz, called DOJ lawyers "desk torturers" and suggested that the "abuses carried out by U.S. forces at Abu Ghraib . . . could involve the President in the commission of war crimes."

Other incidents listed in the FOIA material included: a lawyer who was caught in the act of making a hand-drawn map of a detention camp's layout, including guard towers; a lawyer who sent a letter to his detainee client telling him that "we cannot depend on the military to do the right thing" and conveying his message of support to other detainees who were not his clients; lawyers who posted photos of Guantanamo security badges on the Internet; lawyers who provided news outlets with "interviews" of their clients using questions provided in advance by the news organization; and a lawyer who gave his client a list of all the detainees."

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I think the Original 13th Amendment needs to be enforced. I am sorry, what does the Bar Exam include, a soul submission line? Do you promise to give us your soul? If answered in the negative, no license.

I guess Holdren is in a little trouble now. He did not submit some documents he was required to, when being confirmed as the AG. Well well well, just another long list of soulless lawyers in government, AGAIN.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I think they only have that portion for lawyers working for the government and the aclu.....oh yeah divorce attourneys as well. I mean really, how are these people walking around free?

top topics

join