It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orville Wright 1947- Says UFO Craze Is Government "Propaganda"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The famous inventor Orville Wright in an AP interview says UFO craze of 1947 was simply and effort by the war department to "get us into another war".

Columbus Ohio, Citizen Journal, AP Story July 9th, 1947-Saucer Found in Desert Is Labeled Weather Balloon, AAF Rebukes Officers in New Mexico, Army, Navy Open Drive to Stop Rumors .......Meanwhile at Dayton, Orville Wright said the flying saucer craze is "propaganda dished out by the Government to support the current State Department campaign to get us into another war." The inventor of the airplane compared the saucer stories with the false rumors published in England in 1913 about German dirigibles flying over the British Isles. "Its more propaganda for war, to stir up the people and excite them to believe a foreign power had designs on this nation" the 75 year old scientist said. Wright criticized the wide publicity given the saucer stories. He believes there is no scientific basis for the existence of the phenomenon reportedly seen by hundreds of persons across the nation.

This story is actually rather comical for several reasons. It is also rather informative about serveral things not stated.

At any rate our boy looks like he could be an early disinfo guy or an early conspiracy theorist. Just try to imagine what whent through his head as an old man watching a mustang fly over.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
At any rate our boy looks like he could be an early disinfo guy or an early conspiracy theorist. Just try to imagine what whent through his head as an old man watching a mustang fly over.

Early conspiracy theorist makes sense, but I'm not sure why a disinfo guy would say what he said, I can't think of a motivation for that.

I think it was well after 1947 that the government realized that this phenomenon could be used to suit their purposes of obfuscating reports of sightings of secret projects, but I could be wrong and maybe it started earlier? But I suspect what a lot of people were seeing was, starting with Kevin Arnold, something they really saw but they just didn't know what it was, nor did the government, as far as I can tell from the FOIA documents since released.

Interesting OP, S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Amazing, Orville was (w)right in 1947 and he's still (w)right in 2010

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
lol i find this funny because i live right next to wright-patt in dayton ohio and ive seen atleast 6 ufo's...not saying theyre alien but they did defy all logic known to man! and ive seen 4 of them in the past year

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Logarock

Early conspiracy theorist makes sense, but I'm not sure why a disinfo guy would say what he said, I can't think of a motivation for that.

I say that only because Wrights statments move the focas onto anything but the alternative in that he basically says its all bunk. But he may have just read Smeadly Butlers book.

One thing is sure that the goverment got several decades out of the weather balloon story. While weather balloons grew in size over the years theses early balloons were know to be but 50inch tall+reflector and in fact the one put on display by Roswell was this type. Hardly enough of anything to account for discriptions at Roswell and elsewhere of disks.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

Oh the stories you could probably tell. Ever see anything in daylight?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

i actually witnessed a ufo tonight over wright patt in the direction of cleveland...the weird thing i seen no airplanes in the sky for 30 minutes to an hour on a clear night and this is almost as strange as seeing the ufo itself because on any givin night if you look over the base you can see atlleast 10 to 20 leave in a hour!

my buddy and i were playin basketball on a cloudy day and i got this urge to look up in the sky and the only blue spot in the sky was a ufo turning colors every milisecond...it split up into 3 seperate ufo's and took off.(my buddy saw this to)this was in 08 but not the first one ive ever seen...i saw one before on july 4 2001 over wright patt with the same buddy but ever since the one in 08 ive seen 6 others! then i got to thinkin if god made all this space what terrible waste if were the only ones. i do think we do have neighbors some that are bad and some that are good. we may soon see! i know that if i did not see those ufo's i would probably not believe in aliens but seeing is believing and we know now there are things that are invisible to are eye..so are sense of perception is not the best...

ive seen 2 in daylight though the one i mentioned above and i seen a ship that looked like a illuminating bright heiroglyphic . this one i actually seen planes heading towards it and it simply vanished out of sight sort of like a fading away.

new topics

top topics

join