It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What might really be happening in Washington State?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 517.101

Got it! I remember reading that article when it first came out, thanks for the link. It seems that we are told these things, some get a little excited for a few hours and then forget about it.
Hopefully we won't be 'reminded' in this lifetime. Ofcourse, other parts of the world have recieved wake-up calls recently and the PNW is just as likely to shake as those regions. I'm by no means panicking, but I think it prudent to be aware of the possibilties.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yea3h, but even those huge earthquakes in Chile didn't cause the two volcanoes in Chile to erupt, think about that.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
With a number of volcanos forming in the JdF, wouldn't that much geological activity warm up the ocean a bit?

I wonder how many thermal vents are down there that are heating up the ocean. I noticed NOAA was surprised at the growth rate of the one that was 200 miles offshore from Greys Harbor. I find these new discoveries so amazing.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nice thread, thought I'd chime in. One should consider that things do have a cause and effect, though the connections may appear disparate. When considering the effects of quantum particles, on a merely personal level, I shudder, and give thanks for these same properties, when considered on a Universal scale. It gives reason to my pointless, stupid, meaningless existence.

It is no secret that many politicians have bet big on carbon punishments.

Why should it be a secret that *someone* comes along to inform them that it's time to call in the chips?

They lost, they lost HUGE. And they have NO PLANS to stop playing.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am curious if the underwater volcano could be somehow related to the huge deadzone in the ocean up here in the Pacific Northwest? Usually these deadzones are due to agricultural runoff but this one isn't. Could the volcano somehow disrupt the O2 in the water?

There are plenty of links out there about this and it was brought up again recently in the news. news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by tooo many pills

Here is another article about the newly found volcano. It states it is about 200 miles offshore from Greys Harbor and is 10,000 miles deep.

I'm sure you meant it was at 10,000 ft underwater, not 10,000 miles which is impossible. Sorry to be a nit-picker. Great, yet scary thread (they often go together here in ATS). S+F

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Funny...thanks for pointing out my typo. I will correct it!

Mother nature is often scary...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Just wanted to add that I too am up here in the NW, and experience a vibration that I cannot explain. I don't hear sounds so much as feel an ever-so-subtle vibration under my feet. It comes in waves, like a micro quake would. Yet, when I go to check to see if any quakes occurred, I find nothing. Other people I know feel them too, so I know I'm not alone in this.

Glad you brought this up!!

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I lived inside of the Grand Teton National Park way back in 1996, and even back then we had talk of the caldera underneath Yellowstone blowing and all of the continuous 48 would be affected and those West of the Mississippi River were definitely the most likely to die; however...

If one was to actually be in say...

Yellowstone, Jackson or the Grand Teton NP then no worries, because that would pretty much mean instantaneous death.

Anytime that one lives over a caldera, the likelihood of death from volcano rises heavily. I would think, but at least you are right on top of it and you would go out with a very quick flash of light and a really loud bang.
Both of which would probably not even be processed by you, and if they were then you would definitely not have anytime to think about it.

I wouldn't worry about this. It is so not worth it, because it is so out of your control, but I will tell you what is in your control, and that is how much you worry before you die.

I am not meaning to sound terse and insensitive, but rather the opposite.
Live life when you have it, because it is impossible to know what it is like to not have it.
So live in reality, life. Not fantasy land, death.

It is a lot more fun.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Besides, there's no telling when or even IF there is a caldera building there. Not to mention they have no idea if it'll blow, nor when. It's all speculation at this point.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

If no one is even sure if a caldera is below that area, then I would most definitely not worry about it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that a caldera was building underneath the PNW.

Not that it matters, but if that much is speculative, then it's like having anxiety over making a pot of soup.
It is really hard to screw up a soup.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Depending on the soup, you are definitely correct!!

But, in reference to the building of a magma chamber, I find it to be a good suggestion, based on all of the evidence that they've found. It's just going to take time to figure out what's going on out there.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out what these stinking vibrations are that I've been feeling, with no registers on the local sensors.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Could HAARP be behind all the activity?

Maybe causing small quakes to releave some of the stress?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
While not wanting to be another bad news bear here but, You live between the Rockies and the Pacific. The plates in that area always have and always will move. As the N, Amer. plate will continue ever slowly west the pacific northwest of the US is in a squeeze zone. Magma under that area of the world is fed more and more material which will cause it to spurt out at the suface. After about another million years what is now Washington State will be high in the mountains. the new coastal area will be far west and the volcanic venting will continue in the squeeze zone.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Don't know the extent of this but There was a quake here in Southern California around 4am. I haven't felt a real quake for quite a long time but if I can remember correctly the last big-ish one was Summer 2008.

Oddity?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
So what your saying is... it's an underwater caldera? That's not good to have.

Depends where you are, if your 10 mile inland...
Let me put it this way, Waterfront Property !!

There's good and bad to every disaster.

Doubtful anythings going to happen, even at Yellowstone and even with the
2012 thing. But..Scientists gave St Helens only a 5% chance of blowing.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nice thread S&F. I think there are a lot of things we need to be looking out for right now, in fact it wouldn't be bad idea to have a couple threads pinned in this very forum updating on current events that may be effecting these types of situations.

Obviously the situation you've brought up doesn't just cover one point of interest, but really the whole entire North West of the US. However, there is much natural activity going on through out the world, maybe we could have one thread regarding North American activity, and another thread monitoring world activity, or one for each major continent having major issues (maybe I'll try and put something together myself and see how it turns out).

Either way, we should all be keeping a close eye on everything nowadays. I just tried searching for a link I was reading last night but I can't find it - however, it was talking about how there have been so many major earthquakes in the past few months (and it named them), I wish I could find it I will keep looking.

Stuff like that needs to be shared with all so we can keep up to date on everything. Obviously USGS keeps a great record of everything earthquake wise, but there is much more going on in the world other then EQs.

And since this is a conspiracy website, I want to bring up the possibility that some of these earthquakes are not just natural. I'm not going to bring HAARP into this equation but I will say that isn't out the window entirely, and what about underground nuke testing? Obviously Obama thinks it's okay to use the moon to test missiles (or look for water? ha) but I wouldn't rule out underground testing either, which could easily set off an array of earthquakes and/or volcanic eruptions.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well I got a response back from USGS, but I had asked a two part question. They responded to part one, which was about the mm/s/s reading, and what it meant. Part 2 was about what we're seeing at station SMNR.

They did not respond or comment at all on what we're seeing at station SMNR that resemble HT's. But after zooming in on the station with the satellite map, I can see why they didn't:

The red arrow I have inserted points you to the station, which is the black triangle. And considering its location right in the middle of a busy neighborhood, with a major road so close, I think it's pretty safe to say it's man made activity. Those signatures could be from some kind of irrigation activity.

Also, the lack of this signature showing up on nearby stations, of which there are many within a very short distance, further confirms this. So I don't think it's a volcano about to blow, or magmatic activity.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for this post. I'd never knew about the new volcano. I'm kinda new to this stuff so can someone tell me what 'HT' means?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

re your noise....Do you have any animals like dogs or horses or birds? Do they seem to sense it? Has their behavior been "normal" lately or are they skittish?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join