It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Trade It All Back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey everybody, just a question.

You are granted the ability to erase these memories from your mind forever. All memories of conspiracy theories, alternative views/news, false flags, NWO, MIC, ATS, all of it...

Would you rather go back to a life of another purpose (however flawed), and leave this madness behind?

Or would you keep it the way it is? You enjoy the extra information, feeling a sense of Knowing, part of a secret club.

For me I would have to go back to the age of 13, I think. Just reading another book during a long boring summer. Chariots Of The Gods
Damn that book.

I don't think I could do it though, because ~they~ would provide that reset button if they could, you know?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've onle been handed the choice ( Blue pill-Red pill )about 2 years ago.

I have never looked or for it or anything. Yet... Somehow all that time before. I felt like mmm... The best way to describe it.

"A disturbance in the Force" Although it never bothered me so much to look for the cause. When it did well... it took me two years.

Ignorance is bliss but I never want the feeling back silently chewing on my brain

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't see a real difference between the way ATS has changed my view of the world around me. Sure, I get some Knowing, but even now I don't have the full Knowing. All we really know is that what the average non ATSer gets fed isn't the truth. We don't know the truth either, but we do know what isn't the truth.

To answer your question: I would not give up my ATS induced knowledge because I would just end up rediscovering all of it again anyhow. Thank you curiosity

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've been interested in paranormal and secret knowledge since the 70's, but I really didn't take it seriously until I started hearing about the whole 2012 phenomena, which was about ten years ago. Then I discovered ATS a few months ago and now I spend much more time here than is good for me. Given my generally disagreeable demeanor, even if I were given a mental reboot, I would start down the same path all over again.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You are granted the ability to erase these memories from your mind forever. All memories of conspiracy theories, alternative views/news, false flags, NWO, MIC, ATS, all of it...

You could erase all the memories...but if you also don't erase my inquisitiveness, my logic, and my desire to question everything...I will most likely just end up right in the same spot as I am now.

And since I'm not willing to depart with those above traits...I don't see the need to waste time in going back to square one just to end up right here in the same spot.

So nah...I'll pass.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes, that makes sense...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ignorance is dangerous, and i want to know all the crimes done to my life.

People are truly awful scum(well 95%) of them. So even though i know they can do this today, i choose to know about the rotten scum till the day i die.

When people set out to do what they did to me, why shouldn't i want to know about it so i know, and stay away from these people.

Trust me this tech, is dangerous to your health and your safety, if you are a target like my life. People want to ruin people,a nd they never stop until you die from what i seen, so why should you want to not know.

Ignorance for me is dangerous, and it would do me no good. Trusting people is for suckers.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah I prefer staying this way.

I like knowing about the bad stuff.

It makes the good things in life just that much better!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
NO, because I would be right back shortly after forgetting since conspiracy is growing into a fad.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Damn that Erik Von Daniken

What's he done to you
?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You mean there is another way to think?

I was always the weird kid that saw things other people didnt see, and questioned everything.

There is no going back because I never was blissfully ignorant. (Although I am painfully aware I do not know everything, I am even denied the bliss of thinking I do.)

I have often thought that it would be nice to walk around in the bubble of self deceit that so many others seem so content in. But as I have gotten older I have come to realize that that is not bliss upon their faces. Most of them who are "blissfully ignorant" have to drug, or eat, or shop, or screw, or something themselves into that state. And none of those tactics are without their own miseries.

So no. I am content with my discontent. I would not choose to be more ignorant, in fact if I had a wish it would be to be even more aware and intelligent. Which is one of the reasons I love ATS. It contributes towards that goal.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Outside of my natural inquisitive, questioning nature I am one of those people that has to travel to the depths of darkness to appreciate the light. I was born a pessimist in transition. The more I know of the bad stuff the less it can influence my actions and choices. I can operate from a framework of love instead of fear. Fear is the only option without knowledge, well for me at least. So no this is who I am and who I was destined to and since I love myself I would never take it back not even for a billion dollars.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
In a similar boat to OutKast Searcher myself.

I didn't stumble across this stuff when I was younger, I actively sought it out. Even if I did forget everything, I'd set out and relearn all of it rather quickly. As for ATS, the first time I came here was 2002-03, lost my login around 05, and then came back recently because I felt like it. Why I never bothered since 05? I looked into things on my own, and had enough friends who I would discuss things with, now not so much, so this was the obvious choice; to return here.

I still have old BBS and email records from the early 90s, became glued to any TV special on anything different than the norm like UFOs and conspiracy, and always found that I prefered to find out things rather than not knowing at all.

It's in my nature, and my nurture was against it plain and simple. Yet I still went out of my way to find stuff, so yeah...

Even if I forgot it all, it wouldn't last long, I'd look for it all over again.

top topics

join