It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heading to Campobello Island, NB, Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I didn't know this section existed in BTS or I would have posted earlier.

A member asked about remote islands (not to inhabited) back in Oct 2009. I wanted to post to them but the tread appeared to be closed.

I am going back to Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. It is located on the Eastern Coast-next to Maine (almost directly east of Bangor Maine). Cut from site: Campobello Island is a Canadian island located at the entrance to Passamaquoddy Bay, adjacent to the entrance to Cobscook Bay, and within the Bay of Fundy. The island is part of Charlotte County, New Brunswick, but is actually physically connected by the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Bridge with Lubec, Maine - the easternmost tip of the continental United States.

I say going back as I went last year at this time. Going back in August this time-when the whales are in the Bay (didn't know that last May
(. I tell ya, if you are looking for peace, wildlife, sea life, boats, ships, lighthouses, seafood, and good & decent people, I say go there. Heck, my wife and I thought about moving there when we retire.

There is a national FDR park there: website: Roosevelt Campobello International Park- www.fdr.net... (He spent his summers there for decades), whales, Golden Eagles, Sealions, and on and on.

More here: en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone been there? I would like to here what you have to say about it. take care

join