It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrollton man charged with threatening Elton John

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So, the guy who was being a little rude on yotube about Elton John, over Elton Johns comments os Jesus, could be facing prison. Is it just me, or is that really really stupid? I mean, it's the internet fer crying out loud. I must have said a bunch of hate filled stuff agaisnt the goverment and those who use a heavy handed approach to law "enforcement". Was I inciting violence, or making death threats? was I heck, i was giving a strong opinion and venting steam. And whilst I most certainly don't agree with what this guy had said, I'll defend his right to say it. (note to the feds, this is metaphorical, I'm not about to jump on a plane and launch a freaking rescue mission!!) *just in case, because they really are that stupid*

here's the jakanory
www.ajc.com...

snippet for the lazy

An anti-abortion activist and gubernatorial candidate from Carrollton who was arrested for allegedly making threats against Elton John is still being held in the Fulton County jail.
Neal Horsley was taken into custody Wednesday in Carrollton by members of the Atlanta police fugitive squad and U.S. Marshal's office, according to Carrollton police.

Horsley was booked into the Fulton County Jail, charged with terroristic threats, criminal defamation and using the Internet to disseminate threats. During a hearing Thursday morning at the jail, Magistrate Judge James Altman set bond for Horsley at $40,000 on all three charges.

As a condition of his bail, Horsley must remain at the home of his son, Nathanael Horsley of Gainesville, Altman said. In addition, there must be a land-line in the home.

We're all going to jail

edit- sorry if any mod thinks this is the wrong forum, but i wasn't sure where to put it. It's a week old so it's not breaking news, it's kind of political/goverment/NWO related too, so in general it went.

[edit on 15/3/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Given a shown propensity towards violence by some members of the Christian Right, I'd say that threats are not to be taken lightly. Sorry about his luck...but he has the chance to prove his innocence, right? (or should I say, "correct"?)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
well yes i don't know how much of a hard righter he was, and the information is sparse about the case. But i just think it's a very dodgy door to open. Where do they draw the line between something said in passion/anger/jest and an actual threat? Was this guy classed as a terrorist because he was activly anti abortion(again, I don't know if he was banner holding anti, or bomb making anti, I'm guessing just banner waving) Because again, it's a bad road to go down. This pretty much = hold any strong views against the goverment, and you are classed as a terrorsit.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Where do they draw the line between something said in passion/anger/jest and an actual threat?

I think in this case it was when you post online you're going to kill someone, then appear at their house with a sign saying KILL ELTON JOHN. I think I'd want the police to do something too, when someones posting they want to kill me and turn up at my house.

On that note i think (not sure) I found the guys website:
www.wechooselife.net...

And the post:
www.wechooselife.net...

Lord Holy Ghost intends to show the people of Georgia which will come first--Elton John's death for lying about the Lord Jesus Christ being a Sodomite, or Neal Horsley's death for trying to restore God's law in the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
More than a few abortion doctors and patients have died as victims of domestic terrorism. When you hang with that crowd you swim in deep waters. While I agree the internet should remain free this man was marching around with signs possibly inciting someone to kill Elton John.
He needs a good spanking at a minimum.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

And whilst I most certainly don't agree with what this guy had said, I'll defend his right to say it.

A video posted on YouTube shows Horsley protesting outside John's Peachtree Road condominium with a large sign proclaiming, "Elton John Must Die."

www.ajc.com...

What about Elton John's right to speak freely without being threatened outside his house?
I would defend your right to express your opinion about the government without having someone marching outside your house with a sign saying "Let's alkalise Acidtastic to death!"
Peace.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by jeanvaljean]

top topics

join