Children of Gaza: Scarred, trapped, vengeful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Omsyatte adjusts her green school uniform and climbs gingerly on to a desk at the front of the classroom. The shy 12-year-old holds up a brightly coloured picture and begins to explain to her classmates what she has drawn. It is a scene played out in schools all over the world, but for one striking difference: Omsyatte's picture does not illustrate a recent family holiday, or jolly school outing, but the day an Israeli military offensive killed her nine-year-old brother and destroyed her home.

Children of Gaza: Scarred, trapped, vengeful

This is a heart breaking article, and really shows that the Gaza crisis is reaching a point where there may be no hope for the future. Something must be done now to free these children from growing up in fear, in hate, in bombs and in blood.

Israel is breeding a new generation of terrorists that don't even understand or care why they are fighting. They just see the big bad people next door that kill and bomb. Politics is out of the _ Revenge may be the only thing they are now fighting for.

Imagine watching your brother killed and your house blown up. Imagine still living in a makeshift tent one year on, playing in a bombsite amongst the rubble, not being able to get the help you need, very limited medical care, knowing you can never escape.

Please watch the Dispatches documentary tonight at 8pm on Channel 4 if you can.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks for letting me know about this, I will surely watch and have all my connections watch as well.

Respects

[edit on 15-3-2010 by captiva]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Truly a sad, sad situation.

I was giving some thought to this over the weekend and have come to the conclusion that Israel WANTS this discord and unrest. Without a constant threat (real or imaginary) the "perpetual victim" that is Israel would get no money or support. Without money the nation would crumble.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Let's switch gears..

"Israeli children scarred, vengeful."

Imagine seeing your father blown up by a Hammas/Hezbollah rocket designed to do nothing but hope to kill a Jew.

All the Palestinians have to do is THROW OUT THEIR TERRORIST LEADERSHIP.

Israel/U.S will be in within 24 hours flodding the palestinians with money and tools to rebuild.

You can't hold the Jews responsible and the Palestinians as helpless victims.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I'm yet to see Israeli children who are living in tents for a year or more because they're house has been bombed.

76% of Israeli's do not live in poverty.

I'm yet to hear of Israeli kids with advanced lukemia or shrapnel in their heads that can't get the medical attention they need.

Israel/U.S will be in within 24 hours flodding the palestinians with money and tools to rebuild.

That hasn't happened yet for thousands of homeless people over a year later.

There's no comparison.

Israel is holding the blockade. This means that Israel will not allow sufficient building materials or medical equipment in to help these children. You cannot hold the Palestinian children responsible for that no matter how hard you try.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reading this, i couldnt help but resist laughing

loving the way you try and justify this girls misery by bringout their terrorist goverment.

wounder how many israeli little kids are living like that for your justification to even work lol

also poster above makes excellent point

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

I'm yet to see Israeli children who are living in tents for a year or more because they're house has been bombed.

76% of Israeli's do not live in poverty.

I'm yet to hear of Israeli kids with advanced lukemia or shrapnel in their heads that can't get the medical attention they need.

That hasn't happened yet for thousands of homeless people over a year later.

There's no comparison.

Israel is holding the blockade. This means that Israel will not allow sufficient building materials or medical equipment in to help these children. You cannot hold the Palestinian children responsible for that no matter how hard you try.

So...

You will not respond to my notes. All the palestinians have to do is THROW OUT the people launching rockets into Israel that have the sole purpose of hoping to kill a Jew.

Until then you are saying "A dead Jew is not worth the same as a dead Palestinian."

"There will be no Peace until they love their own children as much as they hate us." Golda Mier.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by Nammu

All the Palestinians have to do is THROW OUT THEIR TERRORIST LEADERSHIP.

Is this this a joke??? You can't be serious, so I assume it's a joke. Good one.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

either he is joking or hasnt got a Clue lol

how these people use that statement makes me laugh

they seem to forget hamas who are elected goverment hasnt launched a rocket in years and when it did was when israel broke the truce.

even then its a small chance an israeli would ever be injured by one of these peices of rubbish.

oh the joy

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

they seem to forget hamas who are elected goverment hasnt launched a rocket in years and when it did was when israel broke the truce.

even then its a small chance an israeli would ever be injured by one of these peices of rubbish.

oh the joy

I rest my case. Palestinian rockets are not a threat to Israel. So the Jews who died and were injured were "deserving" since in your mind they started it.

Let's join hands and sing "We're all anti-semites..."

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

oh the joy

LOL I had to laugh at this....

So lets fact check your statement shall we.....

First one Hamas hasnt launched rockets in years... We counting dog years or something? Define years... A year is 365 days, years would mean more then that...
www.freedomszone.com...
idfspokesperson.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Second Hamas is an elected government... Indeed you are right.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel Broke the Truce.... In your own Statement you said this "they seem to forget hamas who are elected goverment hasnt launched a rocket in years and when it did was when israel broke the truce." ROFL are you serious only after Hamas did launch rockets into Israel did Israel break the truce... ROFL Hamas broke the damn cease fire Israel responded.

well you have gotten 2 out of 3 wrong and that aint bad...

Oh the Joy

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You will not respond to my notes. All the palestinians have to do is THROW OUT the people launching rockets into Israel that have the sole purpose of hoping to kill a Jew.

That will not solve it for these children right now. Even if Hamas was thrown out it would be done in more war and more bloodshed. Gaza does not need more. And unless it was a new party sponsered by Israel, they may just brandish them 'terrorists' anyway. Exactly what happened to Hamas!!

You use the evils of the Palestinian government to justify the current harm against innocent Palestinians. That is no different from Hamas using the evils of the Israeli government to justify harming innocent Israelis. You = Hamas in that sense. Strange isn't it?

Until then you are saying "A dead Jew is not worth the same as a dead Palestinian."

No, a Palestinian life = a jewish life in my book. We're all human and are all equal. The problem is that this isn't equal.

If you want to make it an equation then thousands of Palestinian lives does not equal a few jewish lives. That's the maths of this issue.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Nammu]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There you go again with the comedy.

Please stop, my stomach is starting to hurt.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"There will be no Peace until they love their own children as much as they hate us." Golda Mier.

"There will be no Peace until they love ALL children as much as they hate each other, and love their own." _wayaboveitall

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

oh the joy

I rest my case. Palestinian rockets are not a threat to Israel. So the Jews who died and were injured were "deserving" since in your mind they started it.

this is a thread about Palastinian children in Gaza. Thats the title of the thread. It's not about the innocent children of Israel. Why don't you start a thread on that rather than trying to provoke an argument where it's not needed.

Then you have the nerve to start calling people anti semites, just because they happen to have sympathy with the children of Gaza. Maybe your heart is made of stone,and all you want to do is derail a thread. So I feel sad for you. Your what is known in my book as a a cretin

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
An eye for an eye is as it says. 25 eyes for one eye can never be justified no matter who started it, and no matter whom is the aggressor now. America would never provide aid without Isreals okay, and even if Hamas was disolved today there's no telling how long it would take to get that okay.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
An eye for an eye is as it says. 25 eyes for one eye can never be justified no matter who started it, and no matter whom is the aggressor now. America would never provide aid without Isreals okay, and even if Hamas was disolved today there's no telling how long it would take to get that okay.

Not true if Hamas Was disbanded today Israel would have no choice but to open the borders, if not it would be hard press for a good reason why, as well as loose any remannin support here in the states and overseas.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So, what, children are fair game because they have a terrorist government?

Israel has no problem letting children starve or blowing them to kingdom come.

I don’t like it when hostility between governments rests on the shoulders of children, it doesn’t matter what war it is, it could be the US or Israel causing the pain, either way it disgust me.

Both sides make me shake my head and wag my finger.

Why defend Israel’s actions that harm the children of Gaza, when the children are not to blame for the conflict? Maybe I’d feel differently if Israel showed some remorse, or was reasonable, but they’re acting just as bad as the terrorist they criticize.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Palestinian children in Gaza have it rough. It is a heartbreaking situation for those kids who have had/will have damned all to say about anything for some time to come...

On that we are agreed.

But this attempt to blame it all on Israel, or for that matter Hamas/Hezzbollah is silliness writ large. There's more than enough blame to go around...

Let's, just for the sake of argument (was going to say fun, but that's surely not the proper word to use), list those who do share some of the blame for the situation as it stands in Gaza...

1) The Palestinians/The Israelis...really tough not to parcel out some of the blame to both these entities, isn't it?

2) Most every other nation in the region... Most, if not all of these nations have, at one time or another, supported the Palestinians in their suicidal clash with the Israelis...Without shedding a bit of their blood in the process...letting the Palestinian try to do what they themselves in numerous wars and clashes couldn't do...defeat the Israelis in a fair fight, or foul, for that matter... Cowards the lot of 'em...why the Palestinians haven't figured this out is very strange.

3) The United States/Russia(soviet union)/Europe as a whole... Why leave these folks out of it? All three of these entities have contributed to the rampant and long standing stupidity that is the ME conflict in one fashion or another...yep, another guilty party.

Who's innocent in this conflagration? Those kids caught in the middle on BOTH sides of this conflict.

OP, you got it right when you said these kids have, and are going to continue to, it rough. But when we try to parcel off the blame onto just one side, we're missing the bigger picture. This is a human tragedy, much like Darfur. Uganda. Somalia. Nicaragua. ...and so many other places where this sort of thing happens with such frequency.

Israel. Israel. Israel. Blame them. Blame Hamas. Blame who the Hell ever... Remember to save some of the blame for others who deserve some of the blame, too.

Us. You, ;me, the neighbor...anyone and everyone who's looked the other way, and didn't raise our voices in protest and outrage...

Blame them, too.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well I would usually stay out of threads like this, eventually somebody will call somebody an anti-semite..

Ohh look it happened already.

Both sides have blood on their hands, this isn't just one side needs to stop so the other side can stop having a reason to kill people.

Both sides need to stop. You'd think that the one with the most power, being Israel, would attempt to fix the problem and gain the trust of the Palestinians and helping them build a government that is not branded a terrorist organization.

However, they are just beating their heads against a wall. This ridiculous blame game needs to come to an end.

Those children have no future still and they will grow up hating Israel and joining militia groups and do the only thing they know how to do.

Fight and kill. That's what they are taught as children. That so long as you do it in the name of "protecting" yourself than it's ok.

Somebody needs to grow up here, actually both sides do. After what happened to the Jews in WW2, there is no excuse for them to act in the same way they were treated.

~Keeper

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join