It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Town Bans Religious Meetings in Homes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

The small church, which had held meetings in various members’ homes on a weekly rotation, met for just a few hours each week. The town cites its zoning codes which it contends prohibit churches from holding home meetings of any size. This includes Bible studies, potluck dinners or even three person church leadership meetings.

There's your reason, like I said it's a zoning issue.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
C'mon the American communist lovers union only helps out homosexuals, pedophiles, bizarre murders etc. In fact the more twisted the cause the quicker they are to jump. A totally useless organization out to make a buck, at the expense of the government, while telling us all how to live and think........now that my friend is dangerous.

If you think that the ACLU only defends, well, reading your list, let's boil it down to liberal causes shall we for convenience, you would be wrong. But, don't let that little detail disturb you. The ACLU has gone to bat for Christian children told that they can't read their Bibles in school, for Christian groups that wanted to use public school property for meetings and for unpopular groups like the KKK and their right to march in Skokie, Illinois. They are in fact the perfect organization to take up cudgels on behalf of this organization. I hope they do and that the town is made to retract this bad ruling.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It is not a generalization, and I don't think my topic should of been removed. They are very valid reasons for not allowing religious gatherings that are unsupervised for lack of a better word.

How is it off topic and offensive when that is basically how cults form. With one guy and a handful of people. And the leader of the cult usually wants 1) money
2) multiple young wives

I am not picking on a group, but this generally the path of the crazy ones.

If you want, I will provide evidence of case after case of this kind of situation.

It is you who is personalizing my comment and having a knee jerk reaction. I apologize for making my point abrupt. But I was just offering up a valid reason, one that was more sensible then parking.

It has nothing to do with my like or dislike of organized religions.

I am just putting out a point of view from the state that people can take great advantage of a situation like this.

If I was against organized religion, period. I would say that all churches should be banned.
But I am not.

I don't really care about the situation one way or the other. It can be a big grey area the way they put it.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
Looks like they lifted the ban today:

Source AZ Central

Good find

I hope they follow through on their promise to modify the zoning laws.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

Thanks. I am betting that they are retracting this because people noticed it and complained. I am sure Gilbert does not want to step on any toes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join