It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurkers: Are You Afraid to Sign Up To ATS? Don't Be.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Like the original poster, (OP) said, why not join? We were all were you are at one time. Got something on your mind? Got some secrets you what to tell? Go ahead! Sure, some will call you crazy, so with tell you to take your meds, so what? Post anyway. Thanks, OP needed to be said.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ive lurked as a non member for over a year, decided to sign up to create a topic however was unfortunately denied due to the fact I hadn't posted enough.. Its interesting to read all the topics but for me I don't ever seem to be able to add any interesting facts (unless I research) to discussion but im lazy, so i leave it to you guys

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ha ha, I was a lurker for a while! I read something in a book (voice of verilion/gramaha) and wanted to know more, so googled it, and a ATS subject came up. Which led to more. I.e- Ashtar star command, then Nordics... E.t.c.
Then kept coming back to read more about most subjects I fing intresting.
But had to join when someone didnt know what a metaphore was. (I had to correct them! They didnt know what 'watch out for bannana skins' ment!! Arggh!)
Hopefully ill figure out how and have the time to get a Avatar up soon too when i get on a P.C.

Thanks everyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ha ha, I was a lurker for a while! I read something in a book (voice of verilion/gramaha) and wanted to know more, so googled it, and a ATS subject came up. Which led to more. I.e- Ashtar star command, then Nordics... E.t.c.
Then kept coming back to read more about most subjects I fing intresting.
But had to join when someone didnt know what a metaphore was. (I had to correct them! They didnt know what 'watch out for bannana skins' ment!! Arggh!)
Hopefully ill figure out how and have the time to get a Avatar up soon too when i get on a P.C.

Thanks everyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Don't be afraid? I would say Be Very Afraid.

Just joking. Somebody had to say it, it was there hanging in the air.......

lurking.
Which I did for several months off and on. And it's amazing when you join....so much better.....all the colors leaping out, the avatars, and other little perks we have. Really, really cool.

I think you should sign up, and see for yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Like a few of the other new members here, this thread inspired me to create an account. I've been a lurker for quite a while and WOW do these avatars add a whole new dimension to the experience. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Don't worry about the trolls we have spray for that.

-Kdial1

What is a "uwanted troll"? U wanted one?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Don't worry about the trolls we have spray for that.

-Kdial1

You know what else you have?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I joined because of the promise of ice cream. It seems I was badly misinformed.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Yeah, it turns out it's actually frozen yogurt.

The health police will leave nothing alone!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I kind of understane what The Doctor is saying: there is a rule against 1-liners, but that is my style of posting. I don't post paragraphs, rather I make statements and wait for replies. I doubt I would be penalized, but for new members (which I am), that is a tough rule.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Yeah, it turns out it's actually frozen yogurt.

The health police will leave nothing alone!

Well, time to cancel my account and head to baskin-robbins!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

There is nothing wrong with a 1-line post if it adds to the topic.
^^^
See?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

There is nothing wrong with a 1-line post if it adds to the topic.
^^^
See?

I see

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was a long time lurker and just got arround to creating an account and posting.

for me, its not a "afraid" thing, its was just a never got around to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good / Evil
Like a few of the other new members here, this thread inspired me to create an account. I've been a lurker for quite a while and WOW do these avatars add a whole new dimension to the experience. Cheers!

Well I had no idea that creating this thread would have such a positive effect, but I am now glad I did. Welcome to ATS!

Unless I am mistaken, this thread has been applauded more than any other thread I have ever created in my 5 year+ history here at ATS- just a quick stat. And I believe I have done over 700 threads. A blanket THANKS to all ATS staff!

And just in case anyone was wondering, as the suspicious people we can tend to be, this thread came 100% of my own volition, as a genuine attempt to encourage people like you to go ahead and sign up. No staff whatsoever asked me to do this.

I also want to be clear: This in no way implies you were "afraid". I might have phrased that better in the title of the OP. What I really meant was "tentative", or "overly cautious".

When you have many threads around here about how 3-letter agencies are after you, taking your rights, etc, it only stands to reason some people will think twice about signing up. While some of that may actually be true, I came at this from the angle of someone who has been on here pretty much expressing my views freely for years, and had no problems.

And what started out as one man's opinion, has been corroborated by others, including one of the owners of ATS. And I don't think you could ask for much better than that. For now signing up to ATS, from my perspective, is relatively safe- as long as, I suppose, you don't outright threaten someone.

[edit on Tue Mar 16th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
A note to new members (ex-lurkers)-
Once you sign on and post for the first time (or anytime, really), be careful not to hit the reply button more than once, otherwise you'll get a double post (which can be easily corrected by hitting the "edit" button once the post is up)!

Hope to see more new members!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
When I first found ATS I did lurk for a while because I was afraid of signing up for fear that the Government was keeping tabs on this site.

I eventually did, and I even made my user-name my real name as a way to make a point to whatever Government Officials happened to be watching.

I am not scared anymore though, and this site has become my favorite place to be (its even the homepage for my browser), and my girlfriend accuses me of being an "ATS Addict" daily.

I am not sure, but I think my family may be planning an intervention for me.

I'd sign up if I were you.

I wanted to add that, while new members are nice to have, I do enjoy the occasional, cryptic anonymous post. Please lurkers, think of me.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by dalan.]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hello there! I too was a lurker for quite some time just like many of you. I finally created an account a month or two ago a made one reply post to something I was interested in. After that I went back to lurking again. My reason for being a lurker was not so much to do with being harassed by the government, but more so that its really a somewhat intimidating community(but I still love it). I'm pretty new to most of this conspiracy stuff... so I'm at a early stage of learning what REALLY is going on out there. ATS seems to have a TON of high educated and eloquent posters. Not a turn off at all, but just a bit intimidating. HOWEVER, after reading this thread I have been newly inspired to try to participate in the community as much as I can. But please be gentle! lol...I gotta figure out all the bells and whistles! Major thanks and kudos to the original poster. Maybe I can find some of those friends you all speak of on here. I sure could use some friends these days! Anyway, thanks again everyone!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I lurked for a while, and found a lot of topics that were relevant to my interests, so I signed up. Little did I know that this place is mainly populated by 11-19 year olds who have NO IDEA what they are talking about, and who's post content can be likened to 4chan's /b/. I hope that I encounter some more mature conversation or Ill decide to pull the plug on this cyber-playground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join