It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to write a Constitution of Universal Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As I see us going back to Communal government very soon because of the economic collapse, we need to write some kind of treaty and propagate it online, until the entire world follows it by heart!

Some key ideas I would include are:

*Any government that works for their own ends, and not for the people they are meant to serve, MUST be pressured by the people to be reformed or replaced. This is the divine duty of the people.

*The governance must be demanded to respect the environment. Any violation of this must be addressed actively by the people.

*No violence, whether toward an innocent person, or a guilty/sinful person, is justified, save for direct or proven defense. By indirect defense I mean, pre-emptive war, and the death penalty, which are fundamentally criminal. All violent crimes must be dealt with to ensure the most positive interests of the community.

*No non-harmful act should ever be criminalized.

*Politics should be motivated by pure love.

*All people are equal in the eyes of the law, and all people innately possess the same rights.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I like the idea but we need to define what rights are universal. I kinda go for what's in the Bill of Rights myself being an American. Freedom of Speech, press (paper and electronic), right to self-defense (2nd amendment) right to an attorney, habeas corpus, no cruel or inhumane punishment.
You say protect the environment, I agree. However everything we humans do damages the environment in some way - how do you define environmental abuse?
The only way to prevent governments from becoming country clubs for millionaires is to make their positions public service where the pay isn't sky-high and term limits are imposed. We also need to slam shut the revolving door where former government officials go to work for the very corporations their work affected.
Since it seems that ALL governments might be in for a crisis soon if there is a world-wide economic depression I think the time is right for an international movement to declare basic human rights and for mankind to band together to defend the rights of themselves and their fellow man. Should we fail this governments will run roughshod over humanity while doing the bidding of their corporate masters. Is this not what we have been witnesses to for the last 100 years?
You definitely have the right idea Donnie.
Hang together everyone else we shall hang separately.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Everybody on earth would have to be aware of this.

Information stage.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

What exactly is a "Communal Government"?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

A very small "state" in which communities govern themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here you go: Oppress no one! Do not harm anyone except in self defense. Do not violate others rights, lie, steal, cheat, rob, plunder, or murder. There done!

No need to write a laundry list. Just ask oneself is it oppressive. What ever one does as long as it is not oppressing or harming others is OK.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think somebody already beat you to it!

"The 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights is widely recognized as having inspired, and paved the way for, the adoption of more than seventy human rights treaties, applied today on a permanent basis at global and regional levels (all containing references to it in their preambles). In addition, the Universal Declaration served as a model for the enactment of numerous human rights norms in national constitutions and legislations, and helped to ground decisions of national and international courts. The Universal Declaration, moreover, is today widely recognized as an authoritative interpretation of human rights provisions of the Charter of the United Nations itself, heralding the transformation of the social and international order to secure the enjoyment of the proclaimed rights."
untreaty.un.org...

"It is the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nations charter to which the American people will henceforth pledge their allegiance."

---President George Bush addressing the General Assembly of the U.N., February 1, 1992"...www.ontopofacloud.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by whaaa

A very small "state" in which communities govern themselves.

You know, like how Afghanistan works. A collection of warlords who rule over small sections of the country.

new topics

top topics

join