It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes today - Chile's earthquake swarm continues, 6.6m in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Earthquakes today - Chile's earthquake swarm continues, 6.6m in Japan

fromtheold.com

Chile - Chile's earthquake swarm still continues as they had more than 6 earthquakes ranging on the 5 magnitude. However these earthquakes are not as big as the last week's part of the earthquake swarm where most earthquakes measured above 6 magnitude.

There also was a 6.6 Magnitude earthquake just off the coast of Japan but they are frequently there and no damage were reported as most of those buildings can handle that magnitude earthquake.

There was also a Magnitude 6.4 in KEPULAUAN OBI, INDONESIA, the earthquake hit right on the coast but no reports of injuries that we know of.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It seems to continue. After another quake in Chile we now have two more, one of the coast of Japan and one in Indonesia. Both earthquakes were of a amagnitude of over 6.

I don´t know if it´s just the media bringing attention to quakes, or if we really have an unnatural increase in earthquakes, but it sure does seem strange.

fromtheold.com

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

It seems to continue. After another quake in Chile we now have two more, one of the coast of Japan and one in Indonesia. Both earthquakes were of a amagnitude of over 6.

I don´t know if it´s just the media bringing attention to quakes, or if we really have an unnatural increase in earthquakes, but it sure does seem strange.

fromtheold.com

No, this is just extra media coverage, usually 6.6 quakes aren't reported on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Was also a 6 in Sri Lanka followed by a few 5.7's yesterday. Chile just had some more 6.0's.

I think most of these will go unreported but it's still strange to see my Firefox vibrate so much in a day considering I only have it on alert above 6.0+

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I also wonder if earthquakes are increasing, or am I just hearing more about them since coming to this site. If, as someone said, the media are simply covering them more, then I ask, why? Has an increase in quakes caused them to report them more, or what?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
HAARP or the end of the world

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Date-Time Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 02:21:58 UTC
Monday, March 15, 2010 at 11:21:58 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.124°S, 73.147°W
Depth 18 km (11.2 miles) set by location program
Region OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE
Distances 80 km (50 miles) N of Concepcion, Chile
105 km (65 miles) WNW of Chillan, Chile
155 km (95 miles) WSW of Talca, Chile
375 km (230 miles) SW of SANTIAGO, Chile

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 8.4 km (5.2 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=194, Nph=194, Dmin=560.2 km, Rmss=1.1 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=A
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2010txai

top topics

join