It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final destination Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
What makes Iran so special? The Straits of Mollucca are much more important in the grand scheme of things, and about as far from Diego Garcia. Why is Iran so paranoid?

Perhaps it's the aggressive stance taken by the US and their allies against Iran over the last year. Perhaps it's the recent bombing of Iranian generals by an insurgent group allegedly backed by the CIA. Perhaps it's the millions of dollars earmarked in the US budget for clandestine anti-Iran ops. Perhaps it's the assault on the Iranian election integrity from, of all people, the US media.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes, Iran makes a lot of allegations. They also murder their dissident scientists and blame it on Mossad. Iran seems to think everything that happens in the world is some sort of threat to them. After holding US diplomats hostage do they really think the US is going to be friendly? Have they ever apologized?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It was good to raise possibility about African - Somali wars to this thread and where those BB:s are ment to use, but its very difficult to see where thos +2000 lbs bunker busters are good in those fights... What I see Somalian help will be done with UAV:s and by offering satelite/AWACS battlefield information... Like CIA operations.

Aint 2000 lbs BB-bombs more like B-52, fighter jet caliber weaponry?

What I see in strategical level - wiping Somalian threat out is more likely pre-emptive surge to clear out possible Iranian/Islamistic influence from "that side of lake" against Allied navy and bases, which I see is very possible playground for militias in time of all-out ME war.

Dealing with Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan is clearing projects before the big one.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by thoughtsfull

True.

China might join Iran along with central asia(the -stan countries) and form an alliance. That would be scary wouldn't it? An Iranian alliance that stretches from Morrocco to North Korea.

I don't know about that one. China seems to be the odd man out.
There seems to be a quick last minute positioning India embraces Russia arms That deal pretty much lets China know that their western border with Central Asia is possibly in play.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Somalia does have a decent cave system ala Afghanistan that the Islamic factions have been using in thier war against the gov't forces there. The region is fairly mountainous north of the capital city. That is were they cache alot of thier weapons and hard currency that they use. The U.S. African Command has ben using drones to pin-point these caches and will probably be instrumental in placing the HTP's.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Ok - thanks from info, didnt know about mountain positions - never learn the geography of that area.

It would be very nice to hear/know also about production numbers about these BBs overall, and how many of those is used in recent monthly operations.

Latest weaponry has also very short storage age, and need to maintain by its providers after just few years in warehouses. I agree, that these latest deploiments can be just normal maintenance deliveries, but never know...

US army is so huge in its operations these days, that thousands tons of bombs deliveries can just be normal activity.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I guess it would depend on the type of bombs you use.
Iran has been egging this on, they know that the US and Israel will be pillaried by the UN and other nations (as the secrtetly sigh with relief) when Iran is attacked. Iran has shown the other nations of the world many times that it is not a country that can be trusted with nuclear weapons. The sooner we get this over with the better.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wouldn't it make more sense to drop these bombs on Israel instead of Iran?

Thus peace in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Iran then turned around and ignored or broke the covenents of both. At least Israel refused to sign such a stupid agreement.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe that US planners probably do want to attack Iran. There are 2 major problems however:
1st Americans are pretty sick of the ongoing wars - there'd have to be some serious false flag operation to get any support for another.
2nd the USA is broke. The Iraq war was financed on credit. Could they do that again? Possibly, if there is some serious cooking of the books to make the US economy seem healthier than it is. It'll be difficult to spot this as a prelude to war tho, because the USA has a vested interest in doing that in any case.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

- Sarkasm helps us always in hopeless situations...

Just have to drop this latest Iranian general Vahidis quote here:

"Tehran only seeks to contribute peace and security to the region by developing its defensive military capabilities".

www.presstv.com...

Aint it crazy world we are live in?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

1st - Have US Government ever ask peoples opinion? Police state is there to make sure that government policy is accepted by its people. I think almost all in USA vote for peace - "Hopenation Obama" - but all they get was just escalation in Afghanistan and Pakistan - Now Somalia, and soon in Iran. Also Guantanamo and other illegal prisons are still there and running well.

All of this without peoples approval and against promises made for the people of United States.

2nd - You need only FED to make more money. As long as other states doenst raise against US hegemony, FED can print money so much they will - only Multipolarism is a real US threat, like whats happened now in Intia-Russia deals and relations. In short period, only US citizens can make difference with Ron Pauls words - "Enough is enough." Economic turmoil just feeds agressions and enemies abroad, and like you see now - there is no problem to find soldiers to US army anymore! Do you still remember just that was a main problem to wage wars just two years ago?

Real change will not come if US people are really, and by organized force and plans after it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
loll look with google earth on Diego Garcia .. bombers in line on the parkplace ...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You make some good points, but remember that opposition to war has added in to a massive social & political change in the USA before. Things are different now, but Americans are angry... & armed. There's only so much they'll stand for.
On the issue of the Fed, you're right, they could just create more money, but huge swathes of the US economy depend on the value of the US$ abroad. There's a fine line that they've been walking between solvency & major inflation as the US$ trades for less. I'd say its no coincidence that "The Axis of Evil" are countries that have all attempted to stop using the US$, driving down its value. Now tho, others are talking about dropping the US$. It may well be that the limit of the world's tolerance has been reached.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The US Military isn't what it is because it sits on its hands all day and waits for something to happen. We don't leave all of our aircraft carriers in our harbors waiting for something to happen. We don't leave nuclear submarines sitting in our harbors waiting to deploy. The bombs will be close by if they are needed, thats all there is to this story. The US clearly sees Iran as a potential threat.

This story amounts to saying: We have aircraft carriers off of China with nuclear weapons, we must be getting ready to use them.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
See my new thread "US getting ready to attack someone...but who?"

Iran may not be the intended target.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Question:
Can these bunker-busters be delivered by a Tomahawk missile?

Maybe the Navy is involved if the attacks are to be made in full or in part by ship or submarine-launched cruise missiles.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

USAF has them not sure if they have been adapted to Naval launch yet but I would say that the probability is 90-95%.
Tomahawk Specs

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Isnt this air base used for air strikes on Afghanistan and Iraq for the B-1Bs and the B-2s ? Jus throwing my opinion out there that they are just stocking up because they are running low ? Just a thought

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Israel will attack Iran, and the U.S. will condemn it harshly all over the MSM (while still supplying the bunker busters though)

I don't beieve any of the hype about relations between the U.S.A and Israel at the moment. IMHO, it's all a huge front.

Dont believe MSM and the picture it can paint!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join