It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anatomy of Publicly Published Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Here is an article that the Scotland Herald will be posting tomorrow morning:

Hundreds of powerful US “bunker-buster” bombs are being shipped from California to the British island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean in preparation for a possible attack on Iran.

The article is entitled

Final Destination Iran?

This article makes the claim that the U.S. Government contracted with a shipping company entitled Superior Maritime Services to ship 3 ammunition containers loaded with 387 "Bunker Buster" missles to Diego Garcia - an Island in the Indian Ocean controlled by Great Britain - in preparation for strikes against Iran.

They say they got their information from a shipping manifest belonging to the U.S. Navy, which accompanied a project listing posted on an internet website controlled by the shipping company. Supposedly, the information from the website verified the shipping manifest.

I did the research on this, plus have some credible arguments in support of my posting this fraudulent article here in skunk works.

THIS ARTICLE IS PROPAGANDA....

How can a person tell? after all, it's published by a 'reputable' news reporting agency, isn't it?

first, lets review some of the wording within the actual story itself:

"The Sunday Herald can reveal that the US government signed a contract in January..."

The key word, right off the bat, in the beginning of this story is can. They CAN reveal the story. I CAN reveal a story too. Question is, will I?

*FAIL...*

"Experts say that they are being put in place for an assault on Iran’s controversial nuclear facilities."

PARAGRAPH 2 - COMES OUT SWINGING WITH A MAJOR PUNCHLINE...

EXPERTS? who are these 'experts' - the ones 'revealing' these things, that are telling a 'truth' about something 'they' have no ability to prove. Information supposedly so 'true' it is being published in this article by this 'news' entity.

*FAIL...*

paragraph 2 continues:

"Although Diego Garcia is part of the British Indian Ocean Territory, it is used by the US as a military base under an agreement made in 1971. The agreement led to 2,000 native islanders being forcibly evicted to the Seychelles and Mauritius."

oh oh... did I sense a play on a sympathetic undertone for a human rights dignity violation caused by the United States? *FAIL...*

"The Sunday Herald reported in 2007 that stealth bomber hangers on the island were being equipped to take bunker-buster bombs."

lol.... ok, so We've housed several multi million dollar pieces of stealth military hardware on Diego Garcia and let it sit there for over three years... OH WAIT...

They didn't say Stealth BOMBERS... they said Stealth Bomber HANGERS... that's what was being equipped with bunker buster technologies back in 2007.... er... wait, if they were being equipped back in 2007.... why ship the bombs now?...

better yet, how does one 'equip' a Stealth bomber Hanger?... *FAIL....*

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

"Although the story was not confirmed at the time, the new evidence suggests that it was accurate."

Here's the smoking gun! first, it wasn't confirmed... however, new 'evidence' SUGGESTS accuracy! I'd never base my career on a suggestion.

So - what's this 'new evidence"?

"Contract details for the shipment to Diego Garcia were posted on an international tenders’ website by the US navy. A shipping company based in Florida, Superior Maritime Services, will be paid $699,500 to carry many thousands of military items from Concord, California, to Diego Garcia. Crucially, the cargo includes 195 smart, guided, Blu-110 bombs and 192 massive 2000lb Blu-117 bombs.

First: The U.S. Navy doesn't post sensitive information like this online - it would be a breach of National Security *FAIL...*

second: Why would they be using a shipping company from Florida to ship something from California? *FAIL...*

third: If the U.S. WAS using this company to ship these items, the contractor would have had to have been sworn under oath to secrecy and liable for the Nation's security senitivities. Irresponsibly posting a shipping manifest (that interestingly gives details about the cargo... *FAIL...*) would immediately shut that compnay down, and the owner imprisoned for treason.

*FAIL...*

Let's Continue...

“They are gearing up totally for the destruction of Iran,” said Dan Plesch, director of the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at the University of London, co-author of a recent study on US preparations for an attack on Iran. “US bombers are ready today to destroy 10,000 targets in Iran in a few hours,” he added.

The preparations were being made by the US military, but it would be up to President Obama to make the final decision. He may decide that it would be better for the US to act instead of Israel, Plesch argued. “The US is not publicising the scale of these preparations to deter Iran, tending to make confrontation more likely,” he added. “The US ... is using its forces as part of an overall strategy of shaping Iran’s actions.”

lol, Dan Plesch MAY have authored "a recent study" to this effect, but I will whole heartedly assure you that the quotes this article publishes were not made in conjecture to the 'news' the article is publishing...

According to Ian Davis, director of the new independent thinktank, Nato Watch, the shipment to Diego Garcia is a major concern. “We would urge the US to clarify its intentions for these weapons, and the Foreign Office to clarify its attitude to the use of Diego Garcia for an attack on Iran,” he said.

WOW...

Nato Watch is a brand new entity, not even afiliated with the official NATO organization, and would have no authority to demand an explanation of the U.S. about it's operations. The name sounds kind of official though - doesn't it?

lol, and even IF Nato Watch was the real deal, don't you think that an organization that supposedly is about posting news and making NATO operations 'transparent' - in their own words - wouldn't Nato Watch have a news article posted on THEIR news page about this article?....

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
CONTINUED....

Nothing about the information in the Herald Scotland's news publication is mentioned on the Nato Watch website.

www.natowatch.org...

I've emailed Ian Davis to the effect of this article informing him of it. I'm sure he will be contacting the HeraldScotland with some interesting context... =)

and now... you have been shown the ANATOMY OF PUBLICLY PUBLISHED PROPAGANDA.

The fun part of this whole charade is the biography of Herald Scotland:

heraldscotland.com is a new website for Scotland from the Herald & Times Group, the publisher of The Herald, Sunday Herald and Evening Times. It has replaced the previous websites of The Herald [www.theherald.co.uk] and the Sunday Herald [www.sundayherald.com]. Our aim is to offer our users a comprehensive 7-day experience combing the best news, sport, business, entertainment, lifestyle, comment and debate.

News lies at the heart of heraldscotland.com and we are committed to breaking the stories that matter to you first. We are also committed to quality and to upholding the values and standards that have informed the Herald brand for over 225 years. With over 200 journalists dedicated to delivering the news you want, when and how you want it, you can be sure that if it's happening in Scotland, it's happening on heraldscotland.com.

My final point to share with you on the context of propaganda is this:

How in the world would a FOREIGN ENTITY get such blatant information about sensitive national security operations performed by the United States government?

oops.... *FAIL...*

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
ONCE AGAIN - MY EFFORTS ARE HIJACKED BY SOMEONE ELSE

WTF!!

MY HIJACKED THREAD, AND HIS 40 FLAGS AND 20 STARS...

Deny Ignorance? It seems that's all you people want IS ignorance, I'm one step closer to the door ATS - get real or stay at home.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
Here is an article that the Scotland Herald will be posting tomorrow morning:
EXPERTS? who are these 'experts' - the ones 'revealing' these things, that are telling a 'truth' about something 'they' have no ability to prove. Information supposedly so 'true' it is being published in this article by this 'news' entity.

lol, Dan Plesch MAY have authored "a recent study" to this effect, but I will whole heartedly assure you that the quotes this article publishes were not made in conjecture to the 'news' the article is publishing...

According to Ian Davis, director of the new independent thinktank, Nato Watch, the shipment to Diego Garcia is a major concern. “We would urge the US to clarify its intentions for these weapons, and the Foreign Office to clarify its attitude to the use of Diego Garcia for an attack on Iran,” he said.

Good Research,

However can you provide links or evidense of where Ian Davis did write this piece?

You saying it is not true is the same as your claims the story is not true.

They claim and publish a source.

You counterclaim with no evidense or source.

The propoganda in the press I agree with, but it goes both ways?

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

However can you provide links or evidense of where Ian Davis did write this piece?

I didn't say he did, lol... Herald Scotland QUOTED a statement made by Ian Davis... can't you read?

is this DETAILED, report of mine that difficult to read and understand?

there... I gave you the information you need. Now - regarding the validity of this bogus report, can you answer a question for me?

How do you equip a stealth bomber hanger with bunker busting missles?...

the Herald Scotland made the statement that they CAN produce evidence.

I CAN produce, manufacture, construct, and/or create evidence too. Different words, Same meaning

here's the supposed website that shipping manifest was lifted off of:

Superior Maritime Services

WHEN YOU FIND A LOCATION THAT GIVES YOU THE INFORMATION THE REPORTER FROM SCOTLAND HERALD CLAIMS HE GOT HIS - LET ME KNOW!

Here's Nato Watch's website - owned by Ian Davis - the man quoted by Scotland Herald:

Nato Watch

WHEN YOU FIND A NEWS ARTICLE ON THIS WEBSITE THAT MIRRORS SCOTLAND HERALD'S ARTICLE - LET ME KNOW!

Mater of fact, why not ask Ian Davis yourself?!

Email: [email protected]

www.natowatch.org

the ball is in your court. I'VE PROVEN - NOT GUESSED ABOUT OR SURMISED - MY CLAIM.

the article is a HOAX and I called it!

top topics

join