It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android Sisters: "Electronic media creates your reality"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I've been looking for this for years, and have finally found a copy compliments of web.archive.org:

Android Sisters - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

It's a flash video rendition of a particular episode from an old ZBS radio adventure story from the early 80's: Ruby, the Galactic Gumshoe. The show was filled with philosophy, and was lots of fun.

The android sisters were a pair of fembots who ran an in-universe radio show that accepted calls to answer philosophical questions from the audience. A radio show within a radio show. This particular episode discusses...well, it has a twist, so I'll just let you watch it.

Highly recommended.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Strange.. but I get it. I found it a little hard to follow at first which I expect causes most people to stop watching it before it's over, but basically it said we are sheep if we let the media control us... You say this was from the 80s?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

found it a little hard to follow at first which I expect causes most people to stop watching it

...but...the sheep are so cute!!!! How could you possibly not watch the whole thing?

basically it said we are sheep if we let the media control us

Basically, yes. Topics on the show have included the nature of reality, money, terror, control, what it means to be human, and a variety of other topics. Ruby itself is more spiritual than the Android Sisters show, including topics such as teleportation, the nature of mind and some curious but very subtle references to black suns that could possibly be interpreted either as STS or the nibiru phenemenon.

You say this was from the 80s?

Season 1 was aired in 1982, and most were in the 80's, but apparently there was an eighth season as recently as 2009.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by SeeingBlue

found it a little hard to follow at first which I expect causes most people to stop watching it

...but...the sheep are so cute!!!! How could you possibly not watch the whole thing?

basically it said we are sheep if we let the media control us

Basically, yes. Topics on the show have included the nature of reality, money, terror, control, what it means to be human, and a variety of other topics. Ruby itself is more spiritual than the Android Sisters show, including topics such as teleportation, the nature of mind and some curious but very subtle references to black suns that could possibly be interpreted either as STS or the nibiru phenemenon.

You say this was from the 80s?

Season 1 was aired in 1982, and most were in the 80's, but apparently there was an eighth season as recently as 2009.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by LordBucket]

It turns much of the Humans into Capitalist's sheep slaves.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
I've been looking for this for years, and have finally found a copy compliments of web.archive.org:

Android Sisters - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

It's a flash video rendition of a particular episode from an old ZBS radio adventure story from the early 80's: Ruby, the Galactic Gumshoe. The show was filled with philosophy, and was lots of fun.

The android sisters were a pair of fembots who ran an in-universe radio show that accepted calls to answer philosophical questions from the audience. A radio show within a radio show. This particular episode discusses...well, it has a twist, so I'll just let you watch it.

Highly recommended.

I think much of the modern humans have their realities where they lives fabricated by mainstream media!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

its almost subliminal. i enjoyed the twist at the end. its a shame we dont have shows like this to questions peoples sense of reality. i dont think a lot of people would get it. in fact only a select few would. the concepts you say they cover are not mainstream by any strech of the imagination.

all the same thanks for sharing.

top topics

join