It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think comic books will move movie makers to new heights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am so over re-makes! Movies of movies past.
I think comic books will be the "movies of our times" (as money makers and entertainment)
those of you that have (opened many a comic book in or on your bed)
enjoyed these pulp fantasy ( and Baxter paper ) escape stories (comic books) know what I'm talking about.

It is probably the most thrilling thing a young person can enjoy (after learning to read) outside of peer pressure growing up and ...on into adult life.Repeat.

Comic books are eye opening movies on pages and close to the heart.

Thus..

Movies that will work!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Well, that's exactly why Disney bought Marvel.

This isn't really a new concept at all, nearly every highly successful Japanese Manga has been adapted into an equally or more successful TV Series/Movie/Mega-franchise.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Comics have already dropped from being good in my opinion - there are only a few decent publishing houses that provide content which isn't already clichéd.

Of the few that are worth doing it seems there are a few big wigs in Hollywood that are picking them up - not to say the odd Fantastic Four story doesn't get by but Button Man and Wanted are much more worthwhile reading/viewing.

Keep your nose in the ink though - as that's where you can get away with anything.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Man it has been awhile since I have found a Marvel comic i looked forward to. I miss my Dark Horse, Image, and Chaos series though.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Have a search around for CBR resources - sometimes you can get a free publication of a comic in an electronic format (just remember not to view any of the pirated material which deprives authors and artists of their income).

I've read quite a few in my time - saves having to go to the shops to find out they're sold out.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a movie base on Wild storms "Authority" or "Planetary" would be cool.

Marvels "Nova" would be a good "space movie (sort of like DC's Green Lantern)

Also, Dial "H" for Hero was a cool comic. (Old series and recent) Good flick it would make

"Wanted" was a very good read ! (for alduts only of course)

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey, comic book fans!

Thought I might share a link to a cool comic book subscription sight!

www.scifigenre.com...

I get my books from there and they come bag/boarded and great service.

(I use to own a comic book store 'and no... I don't look like that comic book guy on the Simpsons' so after I sold my shop in 2004 I have been getting my fix from this place...no complaints)

top topics

join