It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most accurate translation of the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well, all I was saying (even I didn't say it on the first post, but I do now) is that one should keep these things in mind when reading that book.

I also maintain that one doesn't need that book for spiritual purposes - well some do, but not I - but maybe for similiar purposes as you do, to research, inquire and to compare. Yes, the living word is quite distinct to the dead letter. One definately doesn't need any book for having spiritual relationship to one's creator.

-v

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Boy is this a loaded question but I will ask it none the less ...

What is the most accurate english translation of what we know of as the Bible ?

1611 King James Version

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My favorite bibles

The Bible in Living English
NSB
NWT
Amplified
American Standard

I exclude the King James which I own because of the archaic English it uses, accuracy doesn't mean using words that have no meaning or we generally don't use in the 21st century.

I also use biblos.com... & www.biblegateway.com...

This is bible.cc... very helpful when trying to research any scripture, because it gives you the same verse in multiple bibles on the same page.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This might be the earliest translation and how close the later versions come to it might be key to the most accurate or 'nearest to the truth' as opposed to farthest from the truth. Listen to the beginning of this Epic of Creation uncovered on clay cylinders that predate the Bible by 4000 years. See any similarities?

[edit on 15-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Here is Pt 1 and 2 of a YALE UNIVERSITY lecture laying out how the Bible and all religious books for every major religion has their origin in Sumerian Culture and creation stories handed down by them. We may not like it nor want to accept it but really if it came first - It WAS first.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The most accurate translation of anything comes from God's Holy Spirit. If you look at any translation of John 16:13, you'll see that the Spirit of Truth teaches and guides a person into all truth. And it doesn't stop there. It also shows you the ending of something from the beginning; shows you the future.

With that being said, I'm partial to the NIV translation. It clearly conveys what it's supposed to.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I find the evangelical anti-Christianity/anti-God interesting. Someone asks for the most accurate translation of the Bible, and many feel it is their duty to try to convince this person the Bible is false, instead of doing so on any number of threads addressing exactly that issue. Why do you think that is?

It would be like me asking for the most accurate translation of War and Peace, and people respond by trying to rub Tolstoy's face in the mud and try to convince me that he stole the idea from some ancient author. Even if you're right, so what? I'm looking for an accurate translation of War and Peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OK then we should answer NONE OF THESE.

When you first open your eyes swimming in salt water it may hurt a little (this is why you clench them shut not wanting to give it a try, afraid it will hurt) but then you open them and low and behold, surprisingly it feels perfectly natural it didn't hurt. What's more you learn you can do it effortlessly because your eyes ARE made of saltwater.

Open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't know which translation is the most accurate, but people will make it say whatever they want it to say regardless of the translation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join