It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangkok protests and all that jazz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I predict that come 12 noon (Thai time - so 13 mins from now) there will be a largely vocal protest which may infringe upon some of the local laws with regards to property damage and/or violence.

The majority of this will occur in Bangkok around the parliament residence area and other areas including, but not limited to, the corporate area, the banking area and busy streets and roads.

It will be done by a fringe minority and will make global news.

If this occurs - next up lotto numbers!!

-m0r

EDIT: To amend title now that my predication came true - now if I could perhaps get a mod to move it to a more appropriate forum (now that's it's actually occurred) please - if not cool and no worries.

[edit on 15/3/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yeah, right. It will never happen. I expect to see you resign from ATS if it doesn't happen.

Just kidding.

Tell us how it goes.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
if it occurs, were you perhaps in on it somewhat?

Now gimmie dem lotto numbers!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So? Is it happening?
Are you there?
If not, whats the point of this thread?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You will remember to bring the camera, yes? Or else we shall never believe such an event has occurred.

Thanks so much in advance!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok we are all waiting to see what happens. I got the news on my comcast digital cable right now... will post when I see it on the global news. Hope cnn works. theyre the only ones doing news right now instead of that talk show host bs

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm in the Chon Buri province (where last Aprils protest took place) and am watching the local Thai news (as best I can) whilst listening to the radio and checking various websites.

The PM of Thailand has refused to dissolve the parliament as requested by the 100's of thousands of red shirts across Thailand demanded and the protest will now seemingly continue until these demands are met.

Lots of speeches by red shirts at the moment (and boy are they passionate) and various media outlets particular perceptions on what is occurring and how it may progress.

Exciting stuff!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Guess it did happen: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
that's incredible i wont lie. how did you know this?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

There's still to be low level disruption for my post to qualify as a 'prediction' but the reason I came up with it is that Thailand has a very political population who regularly stand up for their rights when they feel they are being infringed upon.

So large call for parliament to be dissolved + lots of people at noon always invariably equals peaceful protests turn slightly sour.

Hopefully there will be no-one harmed and any damage will be minimal - the red shirts are being very careful this time around to make sure they don't look like the bad guys - as are the government.

A nice bit of dialogue between the 2 is what is called for.

So now onto those lotto numbers eh?...

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think this has a lot to do with "Fish and Chips" as a cause and effect.

Why? well first of all the English influence from days past.

Also, (as a former US Navy guy) it is an attracting force.

This clearly can cause one to figure out with great success an out come of current events.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
wow i really do not consider myself gullible but you almost fooled me! i almost thought you were psychic.
i guess i need to learn more about world affairs

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
See, prophesies on ATS never come to fruition. I expect you to have your letter of resignation on my desk by the morning.

You're dismissed.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I probably should have stated that the protest will go on for at least 3 days so the chance of low level disruption (and it's being reported moreover) is still around

Failing that though you will have my resignation

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The title of this thread inspired me to engage in a variation on an old puzzle:

I predict that in ten minutes, this prediction will not have come true.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Mind.

Blown.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Here's one for you

"I never tell the truth."

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Hehe, that's the one (or, rather, another variant on) the one I was going for! Try this one:

The sentence in this box is false

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I'd love to counter but then it'll spoil what I'm concealing...but for you I will do it (even though it will slightly ambush it in the first place).

You should see my minimalist paintings!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Update got my low level disruption in the form of two soldiers allegedly injured from a hand grenade.

Thankfully no-one has been hurt - but there are conspiracies abound in both camps as to who is undermining who?!?

-m0r

top topics

join