It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening from NASA...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Welcome to ATS.

Look forward to your educated insight on your threads.

Rhain

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think you guys scared him away....I for one would like to hear what he had to say.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS AstroEngineer. I hope you enjoy the neighborhood.

Let me ask you a plaguing question. Why exactly did we fire a missile at the moon? I don't think we were looking for water.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
I think you guys scared him away....I for one would like to hear what he had to say.

i wager not .. probably at work .. or attempting to respond to individual comments.

or he could just post, sit back and watch the hopeful and jaded slug it out for three pages and then put up the odd post that will slightly inflame both sides.

time will tell... i look forward to Astro's first thread and i am sure in his line of work he will appreciate the critical comments being directed towards him atm ( remember critical does not have to be nasty)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm calling shenannigans.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Welcome Astro! I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I am. I guess you have noticed the natives are out here at the door with torches sticks demanding you prove your claims. LOL!

Look forward to the stories you choose to share.

LSWONE.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As a scientist like you (but I work in medicine) I truly understand what you feel.
Most of my colleagues don't give a damn abou "thinking outside of the box".

Also, I can't speak of UFOs in my work place. I did it once, and some thought I was a bit crazy. Lol. Now, I never speak to anyone in science that I actually saw once a clear UFO (spaceship was 100 meters from me) because no one would believe it, or they would think I was on drugs or something. Even here in ATS people eat the one that claims, by demanding proof. (if you are wondering, I tell you I have no proof, sadly I had no camera on that fateful night)

Finally, I am an amateur astronomer, and I am also (in secret) an astrologer. If I would draw an astral chart to an astronomer, they would also think I am a weird one. You can talk about UFOs with astronomers, but don't go too much into the issue, because otherwise the astronomer, trained to be a skeptic, would freak out. If he is a close friend of you, then he might change his perspective, because he trusts you.

It's a strange world, ours. You can't function fully on both sides: spiritual versus scientifical, UFOs versus scientifical. I do (but in secret).

[edit on 15-3-2010 by segurelha]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by TwoPhish

IF (capitalized on purpose) you have had an experience, whether secretive job, psychic or close-encounter UFO experience, and you require some sense of how your audience might accept or deny that info, you don't just start blabbing. That is true across society, formal and informal.

You carefully approach your audience, and this is not a one-on-one affair here. So you gauge what percentage of responders will give you a benefit of a doubt and what part will trash you. If you have read the responses, you will see that some trolls have trashed the guy aleady for no apparent reason. (Perhaps there is a purpose in that, in their contract?)

We have plenty of thread starters--and I must admit, this has GOT to be a thread and not just an "introduction"--that flame out and/or get cold feet after the initial attempt or two. So, let them self-destruct. Let this guy prove himself genuine or not. There are plenty of informed readers on these lists to quickly smoke out the phonies. Give him time.

Fair enough but I didn't get the sense he's merely 'sniffing out his audience' for reaction rather, he's waiting for the appropriate time to engage in what he wants/has to divulge.
Again, why even start if you're not ready? I just don't understand that tactic except (again, this is me) to generate some sort of 'wow-factor' first in order to suck your audience in (much like the old-fashion cliffhanger previews to an up and coming movie).

And yes! I've had an experience that I do tend to keep to myself and/or I share it where I feel it'll be accepted opposed to ridiculed. And one ALWAYS takes a chance when their story is less than conventional anyway!

If you come to a great forum like ATS you have to know you'll be both accepted and attacked. And so far, his approach isn't one I readily want to embrace. But, I'll give him time but just for the record, it ain't jiving well with me.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Presumably after leaving NASA Astro is on a pension of some sort which would be compromised if he offered any PROOF of working for them, or under the secrecy act which must be signed when leaving.
That would still have another 20 years to run, so any identification or proof of working there would not be possible. So I doubt that either any proof or any truths will follow.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome! Nice thread but like some of the others here I was looking for some kind of info of some sort. Surely there must be a way (there is) to say things without giving yourself away. Give us something! but welcome all the same!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Surely there must be a way (there is) to say things without giving yourself away.

If there was he already blew that chance. If he knows anything more than you, me or google for that matter about the aliens/ufo subject because of his job at NASA then he already identified himself straight away to them. He can't be that worried about it given how he introduced himself, so one came assume he knows jack squat about it.

Plain and simple, everything he said in his opening post is more than enough for his former employer to identify him handily if they wanted to. But they wont bother, because the odds are he knows nothing more than you or I and is just on here because he is interested in the same subjects as many of us.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He has already been killed....they got him for trying to capitalize on drawing it out... This should be a lesson for anyone thinking about out your secrets. Don't do it slowly and for attention, cause you will end up getting killed before you say anything worth while.

I stand by my statement as it is obviously the case, he was assasinated.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenTheLine
He has already been killed....they got him for trying to capitalize on drawing it out... This should be a lesson for anyone thinking about out your secrets. Don't do it slowly and for attention, cause you will end up getting killed before you say anything worth while.

I stand by my statement as it is obviously the case, he was assasinated.

If I didn't know better I'd say OP and you are one in the same or......he's a friend and you're his shill because nobody in the right (and innocent audience-like) mind would ever come up with this conclusion.

So....just as I thought, nothing but pure sensationalism at its finest.

The last thing we need in this time and age (with all the governmental and NASA BS) is more BS.

But, I guess it just makes us cynically stronger!

Peace ya'll!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hello John,

May I ask you a request go home and watch the movie "The Box" excellent movie had tons of Nasa stuff in there.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I had not expected my post in the introduction forum to get so much attention, and I think that's led to some unfortunate misunderstandings.

I've been on a few unrelated websites where you need to post X number of times before being able to fully participate. In those cases I usually avail myself of the introduction forum (as I did here) to get my first post under my belt. As I have time I then try to contribute meaningfully in other threads. I've never been a, "Me, too." kind of poster. As in my real life, my online nature is to speak only when I feel I have something of significance to contribute, and otherwise just observe. I had expected my participation here to similarly grow slowly, over many weeks as I got to 20 posts, got a sense of the personalities on this site, the audience in general, and shared what seemed appropriate and natural. I had understood from previous readings of this forum that it had seen its share of former military, government, and aerospace contributors; and that gave me a false sense that perhaps I would "blend in". In retrospect I should have kept my background to myself until I was ready to engage as fully as some people here want. But I think it was a natural mistake to not fully appreciate how others would view something which for me has simply been my normal.

You all are responding at a rate faster than I can respond with the work commitments I have. I have not had a chance to even read more than half the responses, and I apologize for that. I will endeavor to catch up tonight. I will say that the impression I get from reading some of the responses is that in general I am surely not going satisfy many of you, and it's best I not allow that to become my goal. There seems to be an expectation that I will be able to respond quickly, provide proofs positive, and provide insight into things of which I (specifically) have no knowledge. I can appreciate the desire for answers, and the desire to have them now. I wish I had them to give, at the speed, in the way, and in the areas people want. But I know only what I know (even that I'm still coming to terms with sharing), and my fingers only move so quickly.

To those I am unlikely to satisfy, feel free to take no notice of me, dismiss me as a crank for now. If what I say merits your attention or attack, I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for that when I've had the opportunity to share more (information or ammunition).

"John"

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
After reading his previous posts and comparing it to his most recent post i am inclined to think that the real "john" is dead and someone is manipulating his account.

The personality and writing style is very alike but with someone who has experience in behavioral writing forensics the signs are there.

This is getting quite scary...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstroEngineer
I had not expected my post in the introduction forum to get so much attention, and I think that's led to some unfortunate misunderstandings.

I've been on a few unrelated websites where you need to post X number of times before being able to fully participate. In those cases I usually avail myself of the introduction forum (as I did here) to get my first post under my belt. As I have time I then try to contribute meaningfully in other threads. I've never been a, "Me, too." kind of poster. As in my real life, my online nature is to speak only when I feel I have something of significance to contribute, and otherwise just observe. I had expected my participation here to similarly grow slowly, over many weeks as I got to 20 posts, got a sense of the personalities on this site, the audience in general, and shared what seemed appropriate and natural. I had understood from previous readings of this forum that it had seen its share of former military, government, and aerospace contributors; and that gave me a false sense that perhaps I would "blend in". In retrospect I should have kept my background to myself until I was ready to engage as fully as some people here want. But I think it was a natural mistake to not fully appreciate how others would view something which for me has simply been my normal.

You all are responding at a rate faster than I can respond with the work commitments I have. I have not had a chance to even read more than half the responses, and I apologize for that. I will endeavor to catch up tonight. I will say that the impression I get from reading some of the responses is that in general I am surely not going satisfy many of you, and it's best I not allow that to become my goal. There seems to be an expectation that I will be able to respond quickly, provide proofs positive, and provide insight into things of which I (specifically) have no knowledge. I can appreciate the desire for answers, and the desire to have them now. I wish I had them to give, at the speed, in the way, and in the areas people want. But I know only what I know (even that I'm still coming to terms with sharing), and my fingers only move so quickly.

To those I am unlikely to satisfy, feel free to take no notice of me, dismiss me as a crank for now. If what I say merits your attention or attack, I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for that when I've had the opportunity to share more (information or ammunition).

"John"

Don't worry, John. many posters here consider this their full time job. Those of us that work for a living tend to post when we can, then get called all sorts of names when we don't respond to a post in 30 seconds. And don't worry about "proving" your bona fides with anyone. I was in the security end of your business for awhile many years ago, and I realized two things: 1) I state what I know first hand and if no one believes me, it's not my problem. 2) Most of the people clamoring for "proof" don't have the tools to evaluate it anyway. There are a few in the technical areas here who are involved in aerospace who will be able to evaluate your honesty on the small things that only insiders would know.

Welcome and enjoy reading and replying.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Greetings astroengineer.

Personally I take ATS with a grain of salt. However, I'm best friends with a real NASA manager. Please feel free to visit my site at www.sierrasquatch.net and contact me if you wish.

I don't approve of many of the attitudes posted on ATS and I keep mine and my posts civil. It seems they were accusing you directly of fraud and that may or may not be the case.

I don't know what they expected you to sound like but I just took your post with a grain of salt. Welcome to the board and enjoy it. It's a most interesting place. My best,

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ats AstroEngineer

[edit on 3/15/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Hi John, there is no need for you to answer anyone's questions here. This is after all just an introduction. As I said in my first post you can reply to any threads in any of the forums you wish.
If you have any questions you can post them here or U2U(message) me or any staff member anytime.

Sauron
Member and Moderator

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join