It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening from NASA...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by camelian

Every employee at NASA cannot be bland and as boring as Steven Squires, I mean, there has to be some normal people at NASA.

Someone eventually will come forward and share some truth, maybe this guy. We will see.

Welcome - just post your ideas, thoughts, and please ignore the men behind the curtain. If they try to rip you apart, just tap your mouse scroll down a little.

Glad you are here and I look forward to reading your next post.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Okay - so let's hear some more about the triangles and how amazing they are....if you've seen one of these things up close (on the ground, I assume) then I'm sure everyone here would like you to share your experience in more detail - I know I would !

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is the INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. not SPACE EXPLORATION not ALIENS & UFOS.

This is where you welcome new members to ATS, that's it, that's all folks.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dear John, please welcome on ATS. I (and I guess others) eagerly await for your posts, since you already gave clues as to what is about to follow (hint: aliens).

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by dangeresque
He came in and left us with a cliffhanger because he needs to be more comfortably before he says anything. It would have been more responsible to hold off all posts until he could actually talk.

heh, I love the immediate gratification society we have here.

Waiting a half day or so is too much, I need all info now to pass judgement and go on with life.

The introduction thread is for someone to introduce themselves, not reveal all of lifes mysterys. The guy has to make his 20 first off, then start a thread if he so chooses.

He came here and in the first post basically said he is a ex nasa employee that feels the need to start revealing his stuff...hense why he joined ATS...how is that a cliffhanger? If anything, you might want to poke him to start replying to some threads so he can get his thread up and running, not simply demand he start answering here.

I am getting everyone's point about how "instant gratification" is a character flaw and how we need to just be patient while he slowly unfolds his wisdom, but in my experience the only time someone should be careful with how they divulge news is if the have an interest in the readers response. It is called "conditioning" and it is what our government does to us on a daily basis. It is not necessary for this guy to use that approach. He wants to share with us because he has had an "awakening", but the only thing he has shared is that there is something to share. It borders on obnoxious. So I still feel he is in it for the attention. Otherwise he would have just spilled the beans with no concern towards how we handle it. He isn't invested in our response so he shouldn't bother presenting it to us like we are children. And if his excuse for holding back is his need to remain "credible" then maybe he should have put together his dissertation a little more carefully and approached ATS a month from now. We have seen this a THOUSAND times here. Yet every time there is a handful of people that hold back the crowd and say "Hey, just wait a couple of weeks. This guy might have gold." If he even does return I would bet my house that he is just as cryptic and useless.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by dangeresque]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dangeresque

Well, your almost a year old on ATS...if this guy has already annoyed you that much then you can of course just click the ignore button.

Introduction threads are not revelation threads.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Dear John, please welcome on ATS. I (and I guess others) eagerly await for your posts, since you already gave clues as to what is about to follow (hint: aliens).

Although that would be quite awesome to hear about, I think he unfortunately alluded to it not being about ET's. I share in your disappointment. He is probably just talking about hidden solar flare activity or government black projects.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well, your almost a year old on ATS...if this guy has already annoyed you that much then you can of course just click the ignore button.

A year registered. I have been scanning around here for quite some time. By the way, I work for the Pentagon and have really been bothered by the things I know. I owe it to humanity to tell them (and you). But it isn't the best time yet. When things settle down I will try and get the message out.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Astro.

Your contributions will be rewarded with a loyal audience.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangeresque

A year registered. I have been scanning around here for quite some time. By the way, I work for the Pentagon and have really been bothered by the things I know. I owe it to humanity to tell them (and you). But it isn't the best time yet. When things settle down I will try and get the message out.

I look forward to hearing about it

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Well its good to hear that Federal employees on both sides of the border are realizing the truth. Speaking out of personal experience my dad is a federal employee and his participation on websites like this is very limited. His class 3 cleareance states that he cant view message boards or comment on any topics relavent to his job. Im just giving you a warning right now that this may not be the best route to take if your wishing to gain some insights. The best thing you could do for yourself is to not post comments and only to readf. Sure this might tick off some of the people on here who would like to know more about you and you job. Like you said your doing this for your own soul, dont foget that. Alot of people are on here for the same reason!

Just take your time and choose your words carefully. It be the last thing any ATS'r would want if you got pinched.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Astro!

Can't wait to hear what you have to share with us! Unlike alot of the trolls on here looking to derail you without giving you a chance to speak, or the one's who claim your "ATS etiquette" may not be up to their standards, I always give someone the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement. There are alot of people on here that claim they know it all and try to debunk, but usually their arguments are lame at best. Some do have good points, but for the most part, are just looking to start an argument from what i can gather.

I enjoy a good debate on a variety of subjects, and enjoy reading all responses, regardless if i agree with them or not.
Even if u don't have anything to share about aliens/ufo's etc, thats okay. I'm sure there are alot of other areas we can uncover and add a few more pieces to the puzzle.

The skeptics do play a part as it helps to solve the puzzle as long as one doesn't take it personally. But i usually ignore any unnecessary direct attacks or accusations because, well, they are pointless to even respond to and a complete waste of energy.

Good luck to you and your family! And I'm looking forward to hear your experiences!!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Don't fall for this.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/3/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by camelian
I must agree... you don't SOUND like someone who worked at NASA for twenty years...

What does that mean? Is our new found friend here supposed to use words with no less than three syllables?
funny how people respond sometimes..

Otherwise, WELCOME TO ATS ASTRO!

I guess I already consider you friend enough to condense you name into type friendly form

b

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Perhaps he is better acquainted with the technology than you. Perhaps he knows how to remain anonymous. Lots of assumptions there and not a lot of "Hi How are ya!".

Hello and Welcome to ATS, AstroEngineer!!

Be careful, some of the natives bite!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstroEngineer

I certainly understand and encourage people's skepticism. Though I suppose as an aside I should say that I think most people misunderstand skepticism. A true skeptic (as a true scientist) reserves judgment in the absence of sufficiently conclusive data.

Most people who self identify as skeptics are (as I was, and likely still am in ways I don't realize) just passing unfounded negative judgments based on beliefs (not facts).

And that's fine, it's a very functional way to be. It's far easier for the human brain to do that than for it to truly take no position. I am still trying to learn the art of being judgment-less (again, only where there is insufficient data, to be so otherwise is to be a fool)...

"John"

Welcome John, you seem to have a better grasp on what it means to be a skeptic than most.

I hope that you are able to share some information with us - I am always happy to receive new information.

In some ways I agree with what you say here John - however your last conclusion I strongly disagree with.

The art of keeping an open mind should not stop simply because we think we have enough data to form a belief.

Forming a belief is lazy and destructive to developing an understanding - with a belief we substitute a model for everything we don't actually know, this is ok - but also we resist any data that conflicts with that model.

There is no such thing as enough data to form a belief - a belief is a way to stop thinking and asking questions, it is a way to conform to the group of the single valid result.

The more data we get, and the more insistently that data infers a particular model - then the higher degree of certainty we might assume of the underlying model - but the moment we believe it completely - is the moment we shut down all other possibilities.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"John" just letting you know be careful, you gave away quite a bit of details about your life (unless you made them up deliberately to hide your trail). If you were to blow the whistle on some things at NASA it would be quite easy to pinpoint who you are (for them that is). You already stated you've worked at NASA for xx years and your child is xx years old and goes to xxxxxxx type of school, and other such details. I would delete that or make up false information to cover your trail in case you plan on blowing any whistles. If not and you are just here for fun then welcome and don't worry about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Welcome Astro

i am on the side of the fence that many here will be disappointed...

if this is just an intro thread why the title?

'Awakenings NASA' this is not a normal hello this is a hint of promise that imho will not be delivered on.

AstroEngineer - Awakenings - Nasa .. i have info but can't give it

This thread ticks all the boxes .. hope i am wrong but i will give u a little credence as its not the summer holidays.

Lots of you are going to be disappointed as usual i hope you make me eat my words.

Again welcome and Good luck your gonna need it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Hello AstroEngineer,

Welcome to ATS... I have two questions, not sure if they've been asked yet... however...

Can you give an example of what you "denied", and have now come to terms with, and the reason you made the "choice" to open your eyes? While at the same time, seeing how you are here, what compelled you to come to a site such as this? With what appears to be extremely valid concerns weighing so heavily on your mind... especially if your answer to my first question is as interesting as your OP leads one to surmise...

--Charles Marcello

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Until your qualifications can be met with data and analysis to back it I am affraid you would not be the first member claiming to be a NASA employee.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join