It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening from NASA...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hi everyone

I recently retired from 20+ years with NASA. I now work primarily as a consultant in the private sector. My particular areas of specialization have fortunately kept me relevant, which in this economic climate is fortunate indeed. I'm too old to learn many more new tricks.

I'm pretty new to communities like this one. My awakening has been a long time coming. I am still coming to terms with how many times I chose not to be curious, chose not to be honest (with myself), chose not to wonder why, while still being an expert in a domain (science) where I excelled at wondering and finding out very big whys. Somehow I just didn't apply that same curiosity to the exploration of the many peculiar things I saw directly and heard indirectly from colleagues. I wish I could claim it was ignorance, but I think it more likely fear. I didn't want to give up the relative security of my world view. Ultimately the situation became untenable; I had to give up my naivety, and in so doing give up a position that had so long been my identity, and my source of subtle yet profound arrogance and pride.

I've devoted most of my free hours over the last year to trying to rediscover and reframe my career and experiences, using new curiosities to find new explanations. It's been a painfully difficult therapy, but I really have no other choice. The process of researching and documenting my memories may lead to a book or perhaps just a blog. So far my motivation has been the salvation of my soul rather than the education of others, so it's hard to know where things will lead. But I so appreciate communities like this one, and the desire to give something back (to the ability I'm able) is powerful. My courage has grown because of yours.

I am afraid I must hide behind anonymity at this time. My livelihood still depends on comfortable relationships with my former employer, and my former colleagues. I don't want my sins to rain down on my children. I've got one in college, and one who'll be there in a few years, and I can't afford to risk the income I need for their education.

Thanks again for the work you all have done to begin significant exploration of all these topics.

"John"
Former Project Manager / Senior Engineer

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Hi AstroEngineer, and welcome to ATS. For now you can only reply to any threads in any forums you wish. Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to start your own threads, you also will be able to send & receive U2U's (messages) to and from the membership. For now your U2U capability is limited to staff only.

Take you time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Dear AstroEngineer or should I say John.

If you are who you say you are you have already given away way too much assuming what you have told us so far is true.

The really big problem with this site and this sort of subject as I again assume we a talking UFO’s and ET etc, is that nit wits come on here claiming they are allsorts of wonderful things. Hell we have people claiming to be ET or from the future.

I really do hope you are not one of these people and if not you will share some inside info with us all.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I must agree... you don't SOUND like someone who worked at NASA for twenty years...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

welcome from UK, i bet you will get a lot of questions my friend!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, sounds like you'll bring some great material to the table, however don't expect people to believe you right off the get go, i noticed you said you cant give away your identity, which is understandable, but you have to remember, many have made claims such as yours, and many more will in the future.

hopefully, your experience will speak for itself and you'll damper the roar of skeptics (such as myself) in no time.

i look forward to reading your threads in the future, get to that 20post mark ASAP.

Once again, welcome to ATS, you'll find a lot interesting people and subjects here.

Enjoy your stay

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Dear Sauron

Am I missing something here or has AstroEngineer not already started this thread???

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! I look forward to your posts. You will learn a lot here and even be entertained at times.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Heya Astro, Welcome to ATS.
Dont mind the group of people surrounding you...we are just going to hold you down and tickle you until you tell us all your secrets

Anyhow, I would be highly curious whom you would recommend I read for a potential reflection of the truth. Not sure how innundated with all the characters in UFOlogy...some very level headed former nasa employees, some random crackpots, making a very nice mess.

This is just me assuming your troubles are more in line with UFO type things...assumption based on your job.

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing your contributions.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

you can start/post an introduction thread before the 20post bench mark, its actually the only form you can post in en-till then.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Dear Alaskan Man

Thanks for that I really must go back and read the instructions one day. The thing I find though is the instruction book is way bigger than the item. Anyway let just hope he is the real deal.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hi thanks for joining. Will keep an eye out for more from you.
Don't disappoint me!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the family

You will be quite happy here I am sure

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey and welcome! You'll probably be eaten alive here if you can't prove you are who you say, but welcome anyway!! I'd also like to know who you believe is closest to the truth about what NASA hides from us. Any way you can give us a nudge in the right direction?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

ah ok, thanks for the welcome
but I'm sure you meant to welcome AstroEngineer.

---------------------------------

Also people remember this in the introductions forum, Not Space Exploration.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Dear John,

I have to be honest with you as the lies are eating at my soul. I have fallen in love with someone else.

He is an American navy officer and he is ...

... oh ... hang on, wrong forum

But, while I am here I might as well Welcome Astro to the family.

As you can see, it will take a while for most of the jaded sceptics here to accept what you have told us, but hopefully, as your contributions grow, we will accept some of the information you have to share ... not all of us will agree with you, all of us will, at some point, argue with you and some of us with will maliciously attack your character and your family ...

... but it will all be done with love, compassion and understanding.

If you are indeed who you say you are, then, hopefully, you will become a most valuable member of Forum Subject Matter Experts and I, for one, look forward to some seeing some robust debating between yourself some of our more talented minds.

Good Luck!

[edit on 15/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza

not all of us will agree with you, all of us will, at some point, argue with you and some of us with will maliciously attack your character and your family ...

... but it will all be done with love, compassion and understanding.

[edit on 15/3/10 by Horza]

how exactly does one maliciously attack someone and their family with love compassion and understanding?

anyway welcome astroengineer. there is an awful lot of nonsense which gets said on this forum, with any luck you can be one of the good guys. but as most will say, unless you can really strongly prove you used to work as you did then most people will not accept it on face value, myself included. hopefully you can prove you did in which case you could be a very interesting member indeed.

greets.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Late on a Sunday night I hadn't anticipated so many hellos, or expected the necessity of a follow-up.

I certainly understand and encourage people's skepticism. Though I suppose as an aside I should say that I think most people misunderstand skepticism. A true skeptic (as a true scientist) reserves judgment in the absence of sufficiently conclusive data. Most people who self identify as skeptics are (as I was, and likely still am in ways I don't realize) just passing unfounded negative judgments based on beliefs (not facts). And that's fine, it's a very functional way to be. It's far easier for the human brain to do that than for it to truly take no position. I am still trying to learn the art of being judgment-less (again, only where there is insufficient data, to be so otherwise is to be a fool)...

I am sorry to disappoint some of you, you caught me off guard a bit with the directness of the ET and UFO comments. I suppose I should clarify, so people don't get the wrong idea about me. I assure you if I had seen direct evidence of UFOs or ETs my awakening would have occurred in that very instant, one can only deceive themselves so much.

My experiences and the stories I've been told are not individually incontrovertible proof of anything. How much simpler life would be if they were. But each one is suggestive, and their totality constitutes (for me at least) proof. I remember once as a child my dad told me the story about a number of blind men gathered around an elephant each trying to describe what they were feeling, while another blind man was trying to sculpt the figure they were describing out of clay. In the end the sculpted figure bore absolutely no similarity to the actual elephant. I think that's the problem we all face here in this realm. So many of us have pieces of the puzzle, but without any one of us having that larger view of the entire puzzle, the alternative models of reality we put forward invariably have flaws big enough to be reasonably used to dismiss them (and us). And they're not wrong to do so, I don't think I was wrong to do that. I wish I hadn't, but I was trying to live my life, raise a family, pay a mortgage, build a career. When we get enough pieces (and perhaps we have enough now), we will hopefully be able to use our intelligence to guess at the larger picture we can't see, and try to test and correct the flaws in our models. Perhaps then we'll finally make some great leap forward... Perhaps only to begin the whole process over in pursuit of some new and even greater truth/knowledge... The lateness of the hour breeds an excess in philosophizing.

I do believe, and in many kindred things, but I hesitate to state too much too early, outside of the context of what led me down that path, for fear of being too easily dismissed; it is hard to restore one's credibility once that has happened. In science it is a fool who makes a “conventionally“ outrageous claim without simultaneously backing it up with their evidence.

"John"

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade Bison

um ... yeah ... sorry about that ... I though that there may have been just a little bit of irony and maybe just a hint of sarcasm in that comment ... but only just a little ... I was trying to be as subtle as I could ... maybe I was too subtle ... next time, I will try to be sooooo much more obvious ...

Anyway, I am going to go have a looksee at Astro's posts as see what we may have here.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Well said and nicely written.

A star and a flag for you ...

And I hope that you don't mind me calling you Astro ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join