It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao warns of double-dip recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao warns of double-dip recession

www.perthnow.com.au

CHINA'S Premier, Wen Jiaboa, has warned that the world risks sliding back into recession and says his country faces a difficult year trying to maintain economic growth and spur development.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/14/2010 by krystalice]

[edit on 3/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
China warns of another global downturn, looks like recession is not over yet. I don't like the words of double-dip recession.
Further so, China states that they do not intend to devalue their currency.

Is China telling us something, is perhaps this another hidden roller-coaster heading our way.

www.perthnow.com.au

[edit on 3/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice

China warns of another global downturn, looks like recession is not over yet. I don't like the words of double-dip recession.

Is China telling us something, is perhaps this another hidden roller-coaster heading our way.

[url=http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/chinese-premier-wen-jiabao-warns-of-double-dip-recession/story-e6frg2qc-1225840767078]www.perthnow.com.au[/ur l]

I think your on to something, china may be saying two things. One could be that they are getting tired of buying Treasuries at low yields. Or two, as many have been talking about and I'm on the fence is that China may be a bubble waiting to burst and they are warning about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think everybody feels the same. I know all that I've been reading is headed towards that. Their markets are ready to implode. The Flood of Products and Services are the end game. Race to the bottom with the dollar.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Of course the worst is yet to come. The writing is on the wall and has been for a few years now. Even before the actual economic crisis we are experiencing. Americans including our government either have their head up their arse or don't care and want to bankrupt this country to usher in the NWO one world economy/government.

I was driving around some major highways in California this weekend on a road trip and my god.................they are in terrible shape. All this money we are just throwing away on unemployment......all these out of work people..............wasting money on bailing out banks........let's put people to work rebuilding our infrastructure! I mean if the roads are this bad I can only imagine how bad some of our bridges, damns, etc. are.

Anyways,........I suggest people start preparing no for what's coming............unemployment will get worse as companies try to stay afloat..........the stock market/dollar are going to tank.......war is going to break out. This isn't gloom and doom people.........this is the stark reality in which we live. But if we the people want to take back our country.........

STOP THE WARS, STOP THE BAILOUTS AND END THE FED! But it won't happen so the beat goes on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We'll see. If our government can avoid passing anymore handout legislation AKA "stimulus" packages then we might be okay. The economy will rebound on its own in due time.

But this health care mess - that current bill has the potential to drive our economy into the ground for good.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Exactly, I am hoping for a positive or least damaging outcome.

Hopefully the issues predicted in China will not cluster into other nations.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I think everybody feels the same. I know all that I've been reading is headed towards that. Their markets are ready to implode. The Flood of Products and Services are the end game. Race to the bottom with the dollar.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
We'll see. If our government can avoid passing anymore handout legislation AKA "stimulus" packages then we might be okay. The economy will rebound on its own in due time.

But this health care mess - that current bill has the potential to drive our economy into the ground for good.

The strange thing about these stimulus packages is that we can only see the outcome once the money has been spent. No one will complain while they still have the funds to pay the bills.

It's peaking ...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice

Once all 1.6 or 1.3 billion people [depends on who you quote] wake up and become consumers not even China's massive industries will be able to keep up with demand they'll be forced to open the flood gates. They know this. Many US companies and other Internationals have already positioned themselves.

China's BYD sees profit soar on strong auto sales

SHANGHAI — BYD, the Chinese automaker with backing from billionaire Warren Buffett, says its net profit more than tripled last year as the company's F3 sedan topped the country's list of best-selling autos. BYD is among several Chinese automakers whose fortunes have risen as sales took off last year, largely thanks to government tax cuts and subsidies aimed at boosting demand, especially for energy-efficient small vehicles.

Let the Yuan RIDE already.

China's Wen pushes back against yuan rise calls

The United States, the European Union and others have long been critical of China's yuan regime. Many U.S. lawmakers complain China's currency is undervalued by as much as 40 percent, undercutting the competitiveness of U.S. products.

The risks of deepening economic tensions between Washington and Beijing now hinge on a decision by the Obama administration about whether to call China a "currency manipulator" in a semi-annual Treasury Department report due out on April 15.

If it doesn't there are other ways to put pressure on China.
China stocks at 5-wk low, HK market retreats

HONG KONG/SHANGHAI, March 15 (Reuters) - Shares in China
ended at a five-week closing low on Monday, weighing on Hong
Kong's market, amid investor expectations the central bank would
step up policy tightening measures after the release of
higher-than-expected inflation data last week.

The Shanghai Composite Index .SSEC finished down 1.21
percent at 2,976.939 points, extending Friday's 1.24 percent drop
and breaching the psychologically important 3,000-point level.

top topics

join